• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

olive oil in protein shakes?

cheesegrater

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i read that if you don't have fats in the shake the protein synthesizes into glucose which i imagine would be bad for my cutting progress. I just had a shake with olive oil and the taste was, uh, interesting. Keep at it except after workouts?

OMG :barf: Olive oil in your shake. YUK!! I like olive oil on my salad. Try some flax or heavy cream instead, you may find the taste more appetizing.

If your going for PWO spike then no fat in your shake. What are you adding in your PWO shake now?

Originally posted by Jodi
OMG :barf: Olive oil in your shake. YUK!! I like olive oil on my salad. Try some flax or heavy cream instead, you may find the taste more appetizing.

If your going for PWO spike then no fat in your shake. What are you adding in your PWO shake now?

what the hell is PWO? In my shakes i put one scoop protein (38g scoop, 33g protein) one scoop of glutamine, 12 oz water and about 5 frozen strawberries. This is for a cutting routine. And i only ever eat salad raw, no dressing.

:lol: Post WorkOut!

Olive oil is ok, it has a worse aftertaste to me than flax does. Go slow with it, if you put too much it gives some people the runs, so you kind of have to work your way up a bit ;)

Extra virgin olive oil, in a non-see through container. The glass containers are usually small and may be ok, but when light hits olive oil it putrifies (mmmm yummy).

that is partially true...when blood sugar is low glucogenosis increases. there will almost always be some converion of protein to liver glycogen, adding fat however does not solve that problem

so don't worry about protein synthesis or use oil or use whipping cream? Is it true that i don't want to use anything right after workouts because i want the protein to be digested quicker?

I don't follow that theory where instead I use my PWO as a meal but most here do. So yes, don't put any fat in or it will slow down the diegestion. :)

Back