• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

training log layouts?

Nok

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
man I just been kinda freestyling it when I go in the gym for about the past year now, in terms of how much weight to use and just keeping a rough idea of how much weight I used last time. im ready to step it up, as im currently in a bulk, and am wondering if you guys could share some good layouts with me for how you kinda keep track of your shit?? I've come up with my own, but im sure there are more efficient ways to do it too. thanks!

I just use a notepad on my phone and track sets reps and weight used. Then next week i either add weight, a set or a rep

Bench press

Reps/pounds
10 155
10 155
8 160
8 155

Then the following week when i bench ill put it right next to my previous entry

Bench press

Reps/pounds
10 155 12 155
10 155 12 155
8 160 10 160
8 155 8 160

man I just been kinda freestyling it when I go in the gym for about the past year now, in terms of how much weight to use and just keeping a rough idea of how much weight I used last time. im ready to step it up, as im currently in a bulk, and am wondering if you guys could share some good layouts with me for how you kinda keep track of your shit?? I've come up with my own, but im sure there are more efficient ways to do it too. thanks!

I use the app available for download at this site.

Diet Software for Weight Loss - Official Site for Weight-By-Date

It's designed for weight loss but is great for tracking training and diet.
It comes with a huge food database that is programmable.

I'm a big proponent of instinctive training and really mixing up your training in reps...sets...tempo..and most of all exercise choice...

With that I don't like to use a notebook......I see too many people that use a notebook and repeat the same lifts over and over..and then the wonder why there symmetry is off....or why they stalled in there gains..

Exception would be a strength competitor..then its a 180..it then becomes pretty important...

Personally I love to train instinctively and would group by bodyparts or do a pull/push split. For me it works great for fat loss and is a lot of fun.

Lately though I've been logging everything and have been doing a bodypart rotation 'similiar' to DC training (not DC though) and I really like how progress is going. Also, buying a stopwatch has helped me tremendously and I use it all the time now.

As for workout layouts. There are a million out there and finding which one will work best with you can be a lot of trial and error. When I'm looking for new workout layouts the first place I start is by asking myself "what are my current goals". That helps me to narrow the field down a bit as training for size, strength and leaning out can vary greatly.

Am sure a training log it's great, Arnold kept one. For me instinct works the best because am not always feeling the same and it's frustrating when you can't push more or the same as the week before, if I can't push the weight I go for the pump. We all have our days. If you are constant in your training the weight becomes second nature.

Back