• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

eBay - are you a buyer or seller?

I'm only a seller.

I have found that buying stuff (unless it's rare) is a total waste. I can get it at the store or online anywhere else cheaper.

But selling is great. No risk.

As a test, I found an old computer in the dumpster. I sold each part. Made $71 off a computer that was older then me.

Fact is.. it's amazing what people will buy and pay. But buying off eBay... nah. Not unless I can't get it anywhere else.

Here's a tip.. look for common mis-spellings. You'd be surprised how many people sell something for really cheap but spell the item wrong. Hence, they get no bids. You bid, you win and get it dirt cheap. It's happened before.

Cool topic Prince :thumb:

I???m both, but more of a buyer though. I have only sold three things a computer game I didn???t like, cable modem and an old Sony 8mm Handycam I didn???t want anymore b/c I bough a new one and actually made more money than what I though people would pay for it so it???s all good.

Both, lately its been selling a few car parts.

Sometimes its a buyers market, sometimes its a sellers market... People often overpay on some things, or bid so close to full price, beh.

I am a first time buyer as of yesterday and the auction closes out in two hours. Seems some butthead also wants the same sneakers as me:rolleyes:

Its kind of sad, because I am finding it is for me, now not about getting the sneakers, its about "winning" the bid:evil::grin:

I've never bought or sold :) ... heak, I've only bid on an item once, and it was actually by accident ...

I've been a member since like 97 though :)

we make muuuuuucho $ from ebay...but you have to know your stuff.

I am a buyer. I buy ALOT of spare parts for our Dell laptops off of Ebay. I usually get them cheaper and the EBAY site is much, much easier to navigate than the Dell spare parts site.

I have only had one problem and I was an idiot. Anyway, tracked the guy down and had him arrested.

IML Gear Cream!
Yep, I bought a 'core' Gateway 9300 laptop with 15.1" LCD for around $330ish, which at the time was a good deal. Basically added some more ram, a hard drive, had to get the hard drive tray, and a new battery and I was in biz. I loved that thing.

The Gateway site listed specs on what the motherboard could handle in terms of ram speed and what the socket type was on the mobile CPU, so it was a hardware geeks delight. Plus the laptop had onboard video capture, Rage II chipset I think with 8MB video.

Dellauctions.com is another good one, but that is last I checked even more scammer prone (in terms of percentages by total auctions). Lots of people from foreign countries, never having sold an item, putting up auctions and then running off. So buy from someone in the states with + feedback or from Dell, good deals though last I saw. Friend recently got a PIII 650 complete for something like $240.

Fade buys and sells things all the time.

He got hold of a distributors catalof for tools, searched Ebay for items that were scarce, bought some from the catalog and made a bunch of money re-selling them.

He also sells and buys stuff for his and Cory's paintball fetish. He even sold his mini-go-cart.

It's a great place... since they don't allow marketing or advertising, you are on the same playing field as the big companies.

I don't sell personally, but my brother has slowly been selling our childhood baseball card collection on Ebay for a few years now. Everytime I see him, he has another $100 or $200 for me. Occasionally, he has upwards of $1000 for me. The deal is, I worked my ass off as a kid gathering and collecting all the stuff, and he is working his ass off selling it all. We split it all 50/50. :) He's got something like 1200 postive feedbacks (99.7%).

MBC just bought me Red Sox tickets off Ebay the other day. The game was sold out on the Red Sox website. I got two tickets for face value on Ebay. :)

I still have some baseball cards but I'm sure not as old as yours IAB :) I'll keep em around for awhile longer. I think my best card is a Wade Boggs rookie card, probably Fleer or Donrus, I dont even remember, 1983, shoot it could even be Topps I just dont remember :lol:

I wish I still had that Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card. I also had I think a 92 Donrus error card, Javier something, my memory is dying on me. It was a reversed pic, it lost value a few years down the road. I think they had about 5 or so well known error cards that year, probably to pick up biz.

Originally posted by Mudge
I still have some baseball cards but I'm sure not as old as yours IAB :) I'll keep em around for awhile longer. I think my best card is a Wade Boggs rookie card, probably Fleer or Donrus, I dont even remember, 1983, shoot it could even be Topps I just dont remember :lol:

I wish I still had that Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card. I also had I think a 92 Donrus error card, Javier something, my memory is dying on me. It was a reversed pic, it lost value a few years down the road. I think they had about 5 or so well known error cards that year, probably to pick up biz.

Well, my brother and I had so many cards (over a million), we just got tired of having them around all the time. The collection literally filled his basement. We had pretty much every card from 1976 through 1992, not to mention the multiples of most of them. I worked in a card shop in high school and college, so I got stuff cheap.

That Griffey card (the Upper Deck) had to have dropped a lot since he left Seattle. He spent most of the last three years injured.

Ahh yes, it was Upper Deck those freakishly expensive cards, I could not even remember the name. Thats a fargin lot of cards!

Originally posted by Mudge
Ahh yes, it was Upper Deck those freakishly expensive cards, I could not even remember the name.

Yeah, and back them they were "only" a buck a pack. Nowadays, the premium stuff costs $7-$8 a pack for six cards!

:gosh:

They must be rich. I remember when they went up to $2 a pack or so. Didn't Topps stop putting gum in thier packs too? I know it used to screw up one of the cards touching it but LoL, at least you got cards + goodies.

About the time I stopped collecting was the year after Topps bought that OLD card company, I forget what they were called but they were larger than other baseball cards, that was probably around 92ish?

Upper Deck commons were like 10 or 15 cents a pop.

I bought some maths books on ebay the bastard used marker all over the pages and coffee. Moreover, there are some pages missing. That was a rip off.

Back