• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cardio for 6 pack?

lil-bit-slim

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok so I've been working on my diet and a good abs routine...for those of you with stellar 6 packs, what kind of cardio would you suggest to get my abs pop'n? What kind of cardio do you do?

I'm not much a "runner"...as in I don't normally just run around the neighborhood or on a treadmill. But I want to get on a good routine of cardio to help me get some definition in my abs.

currently at around 12% bf

I only bicycle for cardio.

Squats and Deads seemed to be best for my abs aside from Tren and ECA.

50 secs med intensity, 10 secs high intensity. 20 mins straight. No breaks, basically for every minute 50 secs mid 10 high intensity. You'll burn fat so fast it will just be melting off you

I do hit, 15 secs fast, 10 secs walk.

Cardio or ab workout are overrated. Diet is the key. In last 6 weeks I have lost 20lbs, and hence shed enough fat to have a 6 pack. Yet I have never done any cardio or ab exercises.
Actual question I get asked almost every other day.
-'What ab exercises have you been doing?'
-'None mate'

Cardio or ab workout are overrated. Diet is the key. In last 6 weeks I have lost 20lbs, and hence shed enough fat to have a 6 pack. Yet I have never done any cardio or ab exercises.
Actual question I get asked almost every other day.

This. Diet is where it's at. I use to run 2-3 miles a day and my abs look better now then back then and i hardly do any cardio anymore but do abs everyday. But I was also natty back then so that may have a little to do with it. I've noticed the most noticeable change when my diet is dialed in.

^^ ditto on diet but I use cardio for lung health and when my diet isn't spot on

IML Gear Cream!
I've had decent results implementing 10 minutes of high intensity cardio to begin followed by 30 minutes of low intensity where I walk on a treadmill on an incline of 10 and a speed of 2.5 to 3.0. I read the paper during walking so it doesn't feel like a waste of time.

This is similar to Lyle McDonald's stubborn fat loss solution. It works and it's not that boring if you have a good book on deck.

Also, make sure you eat clen and tren hard as some others have suggested.

Eat clen and tren hard is the best dieting advice you will ever get.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Diet and HIIT cardio

Of course dieting is important, but not everyone can get shredded on diet alone. Cardio is very important part of the equation for lots of us.

I start off with 30 mins eod walking on treadmill or elliptical trying to keep heart rate at or slightly above 120 beats/min (target hr 65%). Each week I either add another session cardio day or time is add to my current sessions.

Me personally I walk on a tread mill with incline set at 10.0 as fast as I can without having to jog or stop. If I have to stop or have to jog to keep up I slow it down. So usually incline at 10.0 and speed at 3.9 - 4.2 Sessions last anywhere from 25 -45 minutes. Ideally I like to do a 45 minute session after a 16 ounce cup of black coffee on empty stomach after I wake up. Then another sessions later in day, if I train with weights I do my second session after that and make it about 25 minutes. But thats in a perfect world. I have an on call job 24 hours a day 6 days a week and a son, so I do my best to keep it somewhat like I stated above.

Even though I use a tread mill as I stated above, I've heard and read some bodybuilders state the step master is supperior for cardio as far as stripping the fat away and also the hardest.

Of course dieting is important, but not everyone can get shredded on diet alone. Cardio is very important part of the equation for lots of us.

I start off with 30 mins eod walking on treadmill or elliptical trying to keep heart rate at or slightly above 120 beats/min (target hr 65%). Each week I either add another session cardio day or time is add to my current sessions.

Research

30 minute of walking at 65% Heart Rate Max has limited value.

75% Plus

A great training effect is to increase the intensity and shorten the time.

This promotes...

Excess Post Oxygen Consumption (EPOC) = Fat Loss

This is akin to over charging your body's metabolic credit card. You metabolism is elevated longer after you workout is over.

As with your credit card, you pay back what you own with interest...more calorie.

Based On Your Age

At 35 years old, you will have better results if you perform Sprint Intervals, elevating your heart rate to 138 beat per minute 75%) or greater.

Cardio Training Time

Twenty minutes or less of Sprint Intervals.

Kenny Croxdale

Even though I use a tread mill as I stated above, I've heard and read some bodybuilders state the step master is supperior for cardio as far as stripping the fat away and also the hardest.

It NOT The Machine

The treadmill is as effective as the Step Mill.

Excess Post Oxygen Consumption Is The Key

Elevated EPOC jacks up your metabolism for hours.

Heart Rate

Pushing your heart rate into the 75% Zone sporadically via Interval Sprint promotes EPOC.

Thus, you can do with on a treadmill, Step Mill, Bike, Elliptical with Weight Circuit Training.

Kenny Croxdale

IML Gear Cream!
Me personally I walk on a tread mill with incline set at 10.0 as fast as I can without having to jog or stop. If I have to stop or have to jog to keep up I slow it down. So usually incline at 10.0 and speed at 3.9 - 4.2 Sessions last anywhere from 25 -45 minutes. Ideally I like to do a 45 minute session after a 16 ounce cup of black coffee on empty stomach after I wake up. Then another sessions later in day, if I train with weights I do my second session after that and make it about 25 minutes. But thats in a perfect world. I have an on call job 24 hours a day 6 days a week and a son, so I do my best to keep it somewhat like I stated above.

45 Minutes of Cardio

Research show that beside burning up fat, you burn up muscle, as well.

Dr Talk Cardio
https://www.rxmuscle.com/2013-01-11-01-57-36/muscle-college.html

Dr Norton and Wilson present an hour presentation on how High Intensity Interval Training increases muscle mass while decrease body fat.

They go into how lengthy (like 45 minutes) cardio decreases muscle along with body fat.

Cardio On Empty

This is an old myth about how when performed in a fasting state, more body fat is burned. Research has demonstrated that it's not true and counter productive.

Bodybuilding.com - The Myth Of Cardio Before Breakfast
Brad Schoenfeld

"Fasted cardio makes even less sense when you take into account the impact of excess post-exercise oxygen consumption. EPOC, commonly referred to as the "afterburn," represents the number of calories expended after training. Guess what? Eating before exercise promotes substantial increases in EPOC.

Kenny Croxdale

I personally like the TREN Hard program 500-750 mg TREN A/ wk and then just try to do cardio lol. All that will be left is a pile of bones and a sack of skin as you will have literally melted.
GICH

45 Minutes of Cardio

Research show that beside burning up fat, you burn up muscle, as well.

Dr Talk Cardio
https://www.rxmuscle.com/2013-01-11-01-57-36/muscle-college.html

Dr Norton and Wilson present an hour presentation on how High Intensity Interval Training increases muscle mass while decrease body fat.

They go into how lengthy (like 45 minutes) cardio decreases muscle along with body fat.

Cardio On Empty

This is an old myth about how when performed in a fasting state, more body fat is burned. Research has demonstrated that it's not true and counter productive.

Bodybuilding.com - The Myth Of Cardio Before Breakfast
Brad Schoenfeld

"Fasted cardio makes even less sense when you take into account the impact of excess post-exercise oxygen consumption. EPOC, commonly referred to as the "afterburn," represents the number of calories expended after training. Guess what? Eating before exercise promotes substantial increases in EPOC.

Kenny Croxdale

Kenny - what about fasted + high Lucine ratio bcaas?

45 minutes maybe too much for some people, but 45 mins of fast walking works great for me. Like I said I'm walking, not sprinting or jogging.

I'm also on 300 mgs of test E a week and 300 mgs of tren E a week so I'm sure that would also help stop muscle loss.

I'm also on 300 mgs of test E a week and 300 mgs of tren E a week so I'm sure that would also help stop muscle loss.

It should.

I'm on 30mg ED tren ace (210 EW) - even that low dose effects lung efficiency with cardio.

I'm wondering if the benefits of tren counteract this?

And Kenny, answer me goddamit!

Youre the Guru Kenny. Explain to me how it doesn't work!

Ask a Vague Question...Get A Vague Answer

This would work better if you provided me with an explanation as to what the point of only ingesting Leucine or BCAA would do for you.

Thus, what I am left with is a guessing, which is never good.

Rather than ramble around trying to guess, let take the long view.

Excess Post Oxygen Consumption

As you and most of those on this board know, High Intensity Interval Training elicits EPOC.

EPOC insures that you metabolism is elevated for hours after an intense training session.

EPOC is elevate whether you have a pre-workout protein/carbohydrate beverage/snack/meal, only ingest Leucine/BCAAs or perform your workout in a fasted state.

That means no matter if you ingest (Leucine/BCAA or a protein/carb beverage) or if you preform your workout in a fasted state, the outcome with High Intensity Interval Training is the same. You're metabolism is elevated for hours.

Growth Hormone

Another factor that is conjured up in the case for fasted cardio is growth hormone is initially released.

Ingestion of carbohydrates triggers insulin release which initially shuts down growth hormone release.

However, research shows that a few hours later, growth hormone rebounded.

Dietary supplements affect the anabolic hormones after weight-training exercise.
Dietary supplements affect the anabolic hormo... [J Appl Physiol. 1994] - PubMed - NCBI

What is interesting is that growth hormone was elevate more with the protein/carbohydrate beverage than only a protein supplement.

Insulin

Insulin is one of THE most anabolic hormone of the body. It also depresses cortisol levels.

Used at the right time, insulin promotes muscle growth.

This is examined in...

Nutrient Timing

Dr John Ivy is one of the leading researchers on nutrient time as a means of increasing muscle mass and minimizing body fat level. Ivy literally wrote the book.

Ivy's Nutrient Timing (book) is one the best at explaining how a Pre, Peri and Post-Workout protein/carbohydrate beverage is the most effective method at creating an anabolic environment for muscle growth.

The beauty of the book is that it is short, simple and inexpensive to purchase.

Leucine/BCAA

This bring us back to the question of "Explain to me the point of Fasted plus Leucine or BCAA?"

I am not a mind reader so I can only guess.

Crescent Wrench

The use of Leucine/BCAA's only pre-workout is like using a crescent wrench to drive a nail into a board. That works.

Hammer

A protein/carbohydrate beverage Pre, Peri, and Post-Workout beverage is like using a hammer to drive a nail into a board.

The hammer work much better than the crescent wrench.

So, why not use the hammer?

Kenny Croxdale

Thanks Kenny. It was the GH blunting that I was avoiding.

I always appreciate your contribution to the board. :thumb:

Back