• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Do you get "news" from Natural News? If so please read this.

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NaturalNews

Criticism

Among its most outspoken critics are David Gorski of ScienceBlogs,[SUP][10][/SUP] who has called it "one of the most wretched hives of scum and quackery on the Internet," and the most "blatant purveyor of the worst kind of quackery and paranoid anti-physician and anti-medicine conspiracy theories anywhere on the Internet",[SUP][11][/SUP] as well as Peter Bowditch of the website Ratbags,[SUP][12][/SUP] and Jeff McMahon writing for Forbes.[SUP][13][/SUP] Steven Novella has called NaturalNews "a crank alt med site that promotes every sort of medical nonsense imaginable. If it is unscientific, antiscientific, conspiracy-mongering, or downright silly, Mike Adams appears to be all for it ? whatever sells the "natural" products he hawks on his site.".[SUP][14]

[/SUP]Other critics of Adams' website include astronomer and blogger Phil Plait,[SUP][15][/SUP] PZ Myers,[SUP][16][/SUP] Mark Hoofnagle[SUP][17][/SUP] and Brian Dunning, who listed it as #1 on his "Top 10 Worst Anti-Science Websites" list.[SUP][18][/SUP] Adams is listed as a "promoter of questionable methods" by Quackwatch[SUP][19][/SUP] and Robert T. Carroll at The Skeptic's Dictionary has said, "Natural News is not a very good source for information. If you don't trust me on this, go to Respectful Insolence or any of the other bloggers on ScienceBlogs and do a search for "Natural News" or "Mike Adams" (who is NaturalNews). Hundreds of entries will be found and not one of them will have a good word to say about Mike Adams as a source."

this explains a lot. :coffee:

please stop feeding this garbage to your children. :coffee:

we should only trust the nightly news. they never say anything out of line...:roflmao:

I don't read that rubbish. Fox news is all I need for honest information. :coffee:

Please remember to spay and neuter your liberals.

Preserve America, shoot a liberal. And as always is not my fault is the guns :coffee:

at least it's filed under "gossip" :shrug:

i can debunk his stories in less than ten minutes with google. guess i should start a "news" site. :coffee:

IML Gear Cream!
NaturalNews - RationalWiki

[h=2]Twitter silliness[/h] In 2010, Adams was in the running for the Shorty Awards, basically a popularity contest for Twitter users. He had the most votes in the health category, and his fellow lunatic Joseph Mercola was closely behind. Skeptics decided to vote up Rachel Dunlop, a skeptic and doctor based in Australia.[SUP][82][/SUP][SUP][83][/SUP]
Eventually, Dunlop got to the top of the health charts. Adams and Mercola threw an Internet shit-fit and went vote-canvassing. Hundreds of their supporters turned up and set up new accounts to vote. Those votes were promptly disqualified as only existing accounts were allowed to vote. Adams was briefly put back into pole position, but then was disqualified after the fraudulent votes were removed. He got really angry about this.
Shortly thereafter, Adams childishly posted a list of all the terrible things he thinks skeptics believe on NaturalNews, including:
??Skeptics believe that many six-month-old infants need antidepressant drugs. In fact, they believe that people of all ages can be safely given an unlimited number of drugs all at the same time: Antidepressants, cholesterol drugs, blood pressure drugs, diabetes drugs, anti-anxiety drugs, sleeping drugs and more -- simultaneously!

Skeptics believe that the human body has no ability to defend itself against invading microorganism and that the only things that can save people from viral infections are vaccines.

All this, for Twitter.

:cocoa puffs:

It's the only news source with any following that I rate worse than Fox News.

i was reading some of the links i found here and noticed a disturbing trend. as many of you will recognize.... it's pretty bad when i of all people think a new source is just plain redonkulous. :nerd:

i actually like Al Jazeera America and RT. They are not that bad for a news source on TV.

i'm sorry if this guy pays to peddle his good here. placebo news is just as good as any other placebos i guess... :sorry:

i read once many years ago that the christian science monitor was very unbiased and good news source. guess i need to research more and not be in such a rush.

I only read a few of their articles and it was obvious they are pushing garbage.

Their war on vaccines is literally killing children and they are still pushing the agenda.

Shameful.

Their war on vaccines is literally killing children and they are still pushing the agenda.

Shameful.
Unfortunately alot of people buy into this propaganda. Its insane and irresponsible.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

IML Gear Cream!
I haven't seen any of those "natural" or anti-GMO sites that aren't rubbish. I think it's mostly stay-at-home mom's that buy into that stuff. They want to make sure there aren't any "chemicals" in their kid's donuts.

That's why you're supposed to read several news sources to help make an informed decision. People don't do that, they like the message of one source(Fox News, MSNBC, natural news) and always go there for the news they want to hear.

Back