• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Is this crazy talk?

animale66

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey Bros -

I'm 29, 190lbs, probably 15-16% bf with goals to compete in a bodybuilding show in around 12 months. I have approx. 3 years lifting experience (was originally 35+% bf) and am currently running a SD cycle. For better or worse, I've been training with a bunch of powerlifters, one of which is giving me some diet advice that I think definitely needs a second look.

This is a short-term (call it 2 month) plan to help "tighten" me up (maybe lose some bodyfat, but overall my plans are to bulk as big as I can until around mid-Summer before I start cutting for my first show).

Specifically, he's wanting me to hit: 3851 cals, 262g protein, 249 carb, 188 fat

To me that fat number just seems way too damned high - thoughts? His concern is my carbs have been too high during this last few months or so... I would expect 100g fat to be closer. 188 would be 40% of my caloric intake!

More detailed meal plan/timing below. The PWO Shake is 100g carb (mostly dextrose) and sends my insulin thru the fuckin' roof! Which is nice and all, but makes me drowsy for sure :p. Non-training days means I'm 100g less.
5AMProtein Shake
6AMPWO Shake
6:30AMOatmeal
Eggs (6)
Peanut Butter (2tsp)
10AMChicken (~8 oz)
White Rice
Veg
NoonChicken
White Rice
Veg
3PMChicken
Olive Oil (or healthy fat)
Veg
6PMSteak (10oz)
Olive Oil (or healthy fat)
Veg
8PMCaesin
Peanut Butter
Olive Oil

Here's another idea:
1. establish a baseline for macros that sustain current body weight by tracking macros
2. create a plan that leaves a small calorie deficit everyday, adjust as needed
3. maintain 2 grams protein per lb of bodyweight
4. cycle carbs
5. eat almonds for fat with every meal
6. CARDIO as needed
7. If you're BBing, take training/nutritional advice from bodybuilders :)

Does the powerlifter/dude u train w/ know exactly what your training for?.....I ask b/c anytime I've personally talked to a huge m'fer and asked about diet/training (this was primarily when I was finally able to consistently train again after a several year hiatus,so I was definitley out of shape but was basically trying to remember what and what not to do,anyways.....)they all give advice that pertains to a typical guy going to the gym to "workout"(get toned/fit etc.....)I wasn't telling them that I'm there to get as big and strong as possible and will be juicing after I get my body back to the swing of things.....training for "fitness/health etc....." though on my list, is not my # 1 purpose.....having said ALL of that I would tell the guy everything your planning on doing so he can really help you. Maybe you have already told this guy but I thought saying that MIGHT help,though obviously I wound up literally writing a book of worthless content.....in any event goodluck.....

thanks for the response bros! Well, indeed the diet was borked - my lifts/mood/energy went to shit and I was *STARVING* all the time... after all, fats were 40% of my calorie intake...

We re-calibrated it [below] to 40/35/25 [protein/carb/fat] @ 4000 calories on training days, and 40/30/30 @ 3400 on non-training days. Same meal timing. Lifts and mood popped back up to normal (lil' hungry on off days but to be expected I guess). I presume this is "enough" of a carb cycle (100g less carbs between the two ). While I'm a believer in nutritional timing, hitting the macro ratios is a bigger deal than I even thought. I am fortunate enough to work a job where I can eat when I want and have found making a schedule made a huge improvement in my adherence to any plan.

Excel makes a terrific diet planning tool :)

HFO3 - I'll consider adding almonds/advacado after I've given it a bit longer of a run and confirm my weight is "stable" still after a few weeks. I'm actually wanting to run a bit of a surplus for now just because I'm "on" and have just over a year to trim the waist line.

And yes, the dude knows my goals and cycle plans/history. In case your curious, the updated (with macros) form is below:

TimeItemCaloriesProteinCarbsFat
5AMProtein Shake1502492
Mixed in Skim16016240
6AMPWO Shake518251002
6:30AMOatmeal1505273
Eggs (8)42648040
Peanut Butter1888716
10AMChicken1803305
White Rice2054450
VegN/AN/AN/AN/A
NoonChicken1803305
White Rice2054450