• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Stanley Druckenmiller: How Washington Really Redistributes Income

Bowden

Elite Member
Reaction score
Volunteer Moderators of the world unite, you have
IML Gear Cream!
Interesting article on the reality underlying Social Security benefit payouts.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...trending_now_2

The renowned money manager goes back to school to explain how entitlements are helping the Baby Boomers rip off future generations.

While many seniors believe they are simply drawing out the "savings" they were forced to deposit into Social Security and Medicare, they are actually drawing out much more, especially relative to later generations. That's because politicians have voted to award the seniors ever more generous benefits. As a result, while today's 65-year-olds will receive on average net lifetime benefits of $327,400, children born now will suffer net lifetime losses of $420,600 as they struggle to pay the bills of aging Americans.
One of the great ironies of the Obama presidency is that it has been a disaster for the young people who form the core of his political coalition. High unemployment is paired with exploding debt that they will have to finance whenever they eventually find jobs.

Are the kids finally figuring out that the Obama economy is a lousy deal for them? "No, I don't sense that," says Mr. Druckenmiller, who is a registered independent. "But one of my points is neither party should own your vote. And once they know they own your vote, you're not going to get any action on this particular issue."
When the former money manager visited Stanford University, the audience included older folks as well as students. Some of the oldsters questioned why many of his dire forecasts assume that federal tax collections will stay at their traditional 18.5% of GDP. They asked why taxes should not rise to fulfill the promises already made.
Mr. Druckenmiller's response: "Oh, so you've paid 18.5% for your 40 years and now you want the next generation of workers to pay 30% to finance your largess?" He added that if 18.5% was "so immoral, why don't you give back some of your ill-gotten gains of the last 40 years?"

He has a similar argument for those on the left who say entitlements can be fixed with an eventual increase in payroll taxes. "Oh, I see," he says. "So I get to pay a 12% payroll tax now until I'm 65 and then I don't pay. But the next generation?instead of me paying 15% or having my benefits slightly reduced?they're going to pay 17% in 2033. That's why we're waiting?so we can shift even more to the future than to now?"

i wonder how the population explosion affects that. would seem every year more are paying in than the amount of older generations withdrawing.

i wonder how the population explosion affects that. would seem every year more are paying in than the amount of older generations withdrawing.

it has a very substantial effect, with the boomers in the US accounting for 30-35% of the total population there isn't enough revenue coming in to balance the accounts. not with a population growth at under 1% a year.

another bankrupt failed govt program. I'm shocked.

The renowned money manager goes back to school to explain how entitlements are helping the Baby Boomers rip off future generations.

So, true.

77+ million baby boomers.

They will suck up the resources and leave a train crash behind.

Being as they are the ones that made it, they should be entitled to it.

Being as they are the ones that made it, they should be entitled to it.

Made what? SS?

They didn't.

SS started in the 30s.

Medicare is the real ticking time bomb. The fuse has been lit. It's going off now.

Enjoy the ride.

Back