• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

herniated disc l4 sciatic nerve

HeavyB

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I found out i have a herniated disc in l4 this past week. I have been having alot of pain with my sciatic nerve going down my left leg. The doc wants to do a shot in my back for it has anyone had luck with the nerve block shot in the back?

the other half had this issue and he declined the shots..we have a lot of friends that it didn't work out for
the Dr also told him he couldn't deadlift or squat ever again, and no overhead work
this was directly contradictory to everything I know about posterior chain strength.

he actually couldnt walk without crutches ..couldn't put on his own shoes etc etc
he did it deadlifting and someone literally bumped the end of the bar walking around him at right before the top of the lift(idiot)he twisted and popped a disc.

I got him into a chiro that was heavily recommended that "adjusted" him daily for a week straight then bi weekly for a month there after
and he's right as rain now...deadlifts and squats more than he ever did before

My suggestion is to look at all of your options...the shots may be what you need, they may not.

Yep shot is my last option. I went the chiro first, then PT, acupuncture the deep tissue massage. This has been going on since first of Aug. I was not told about squat, or dead lifts I was just told to get my core tight after. I saw the MRI and could see the disc touching it. The way it was explained to me the shot goes in the nerve and they could do up to 3 shots if it didnt fix it surgery is the only other option.

I am really on the fence but we have been planing for years a disney trip for the kids first of Dec. So I am stuck I guess I will do it. This is going to be done by a spine surgeon so I am hoping for the best results.

Well I had the shot on Tuesday so I am 5 days out. I am not 100% that it worked it not. I would say my pain is better but I am also being careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back