• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Should I switch from androgel 1.62 to Testosterone Cypionate

FreeWeights4life

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello all. I was diagnosed with low t almost a year ago. My total free test was 162. I've been on androgel for about 9 months now. My libido is good so is my energy. But since i'm on this trt I've been thinking of taking advantage of this to make some gains. My total free test is now 485 I weightlift do hit cardio and eat healthy. I told my doctor that I'd like my test to be higher that I have done a little bit of research and that my test should be higher for my age ( im 34) but my doctor says that my test is fine where is at that I should stick with the 2 pumps a day. I'd like my test to be above 800 so I can make some gains. So I told him that my libido is low and so is my energy. So I have An appointment tomorrow with the endo. I hear that TC can get your testosterone allot higher and that it's more stable as far as keeping your test levels high troughout the day. I also like that fact that it would only be one shot a week instead of the 2 pumps every day, also not have to worry about not having to wear a shirt all the time in worries of my wife or kids coming on contact with the med. My question is.. should I listen to the doc or should I go ahead and change to TC. That is I'd the endo lets me. My only concern is the testicular shrinkage for as far as serious side effects that I know of. Is there more that I should know? Am I better of with androgel? Thanks for any advise :)

Last edited:
I prefer the Cyp injects myself. I routinely keep my T levels above 700 ng/dl

Yes.

My endo has me on a tiny amount of IM cyp and no AI. I did better on Axiron... even at 30mg rather than the normal 60mg dose.

Frustrating - can't even get back in to see him for 3 months. Hope your luck is better. Maybe go for online clinic I guess...

Update:
So I went to the endo. She wants to start me at 150 ml every two Weeks. Yeah, disapointed. I told her that I have done research about the half life, that every week would be better but she disagreed. Idk she seems inexperienced even though she's like in her late 40's. You would assume she's the opposite. I think the problem is that she's old school. I also asked her if she could prescribe some anti-estrogen that since I'm changing Medicine and trying something new that there's a chance that my test could go even lower or too high but would not go for it. Honestly I'm worry of what the outcome is going to be. I really don't want to be I'm some emotional roller coaster.. I feel like just telling her to just keep me with the current dose of androgel I'm taking right that my regular doctor prescribed me. I mean i feel fine my libido is good and I'm doing some slow okay gains. she wants to keep me on that dose for two months then go for some lab work and go from there. what do y'all think?

Update:
So I went to the endo. She wants to start me at 150 ml every two Weeks. Yeah, disapointed. I told her that I have done research about the half life, that every week would be better but she disagreed. Idk she seems inexperienced even though she's like in her late 40's. You would assume she's the opposite. I think the problem is that she's old school. I also asked her if she could prescribe some anti-estrogen that since I'm changing Medicine and trying something new that there's a chance that my test could go even lower or too high but would not go for it. Honestly I'm worry of what the outcome is going to be. I really don't want to be I'm some emotional roller coaster.. I feel like just telling her to just keep me with the current dose of androgel I'm taking right that my regular doctor prescribed me. I mean i feel fine my libido is good and I'm doing some slow okay gains. she wants to keep me on that dose for two months then go for some lab work and go from there. what do y'all think?

what are your DHT levels?

I'd say switch if you can get a decent dose. Can always try one of the online clinics if it's in the budget.

I used androgel and switched to injections. I told my dr that the gel was making me break out on my shoulders and I'd prefer to do once a week injections. He agreed. I only get 100 mg a week though. I use to get 1 ml vials of paddock but last time I got a 10 ml vial of Watson. I'd go to a new dr or push for the injections. It's much better and I hated putting that gel on everyday.

I agree that the injections would be better and give you bigger bang for your buck since the gel is not well absorbed.

IML Gear Cream!
I prefer the Cyp injects myself. I routinely keep my T levels above 700 ng/dl

Oh noes... HI your avatar is sooo disappointing. Shame on you. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Hello all. I was diagnosed with low t almost a year ago. My total free test was 162. I've been on androgel for about 9 months now. My libido is good so is my energy. But since i'm on this trt I've been thinking of taking advantage of this to make some gains. My total free test is now 485 I weightlift do hit cardio and eat healthy. I told my doctor that I'd like my test to be higher that I have done a little bit of research and that my test should be higher for my age ( im 34) but my doctor says that my test is fine where is at that I should stick with the 2 pumps a day. I'd like my test to be above 800 so I can make some gains. So I told him that my libido is low and so is my energy. So I have An appointment tomorrow with the endo. I hear that TC can get your testosterone allot higher and that it's more stable as far as keeping your test levels high troughout the day. I also like that fact that it would only be one shot a week instead of the 2 pumps every day, also not have to worry about not having to wear a shirt all the time in worries of my wife or kids coming on contact with the med. My question is.. should I listen to the doc or should I go ahead and change to TC. That is I'd the endo lets me. My only concern is the testicular shrinkage for as far as serious side effects that I know of. Is there more that I should know? Am I better of with androgel? Thanks for any advise :)

FreeWeights... My experience might help, see this thread here; http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/t...xiron-gel-to-Cypionate-IM-injections-question

Thanks for sharing your story flood. I like that one guys advice about taking .5 cc every 5 days. Been thinking of trying something like that my self with a higher dose though probably. I'll explain..I took a 75 cc shot on 1-7-14 and another one 1-28-14 and this whole time I've felt horrible emotionaly. I'm the kind of guy that takes no bs says what needs to be said. But lately I've felt like my balls have left me. Even a little anxious. Wtf is up with that? Has anyone experienced this? I've felt fine energy wise. libido I would say it's okay. So maybe a 1 cc every week ? But then what would I tell my doc? What will she do then? And what if that's too much and my e2 goes out of wack? Idk maybe is already out of wack and that's why I feel the way I do. Help me brothers! I need some solid advise.

On another note. Glad everything worked out for you in the end flood

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I think most doctors won't give you more than what's needed to get you into the middle of the range. They're not in the business of scripting dosages so you can make gains.

I'll try posting this again since for some reason i noticed it didn't earlier..

Thanks for sharing your story flood. I like that one guys advice of taking .5cc every 5 days. Been thinking of trying that my self but with a higher dose though, I'll explain.. I took a shot of .75cc on 1-7-14 and another on 1-28-14 and this whole I have felt like shit emotionally. Im the type of guy that takes no bs and always says what needs to be said but lately I've felt like my balls have left me. Even a little anxious. . Wtf is up with that? Has anyone experienced this? Energy wise I've been fine. Libido is okay. So i was thinking of maybe trying shot of 1. cc instead. What would I tell the doc though? What would she do then? And what if that throws my e2 or of wack? What if maybe my e2 is already out of wack and that's why I feel like this? Idk.. Need some solid advise. Help me bothers!

IML Gear Cream!
Get a new doctor who will let you have a 100mg per week. Dhea is not methylated and has no effect on the liver. I. Does help with down chain metabolites that you don't have after being on trt a while.

Get a new doctor who will let you have a 100mg per week. Dhea is not methylated and has no effect on the liver. I. Does help with down chain metabolites that you don't have after being on trt a while.

Not sure what you mean by down chain metabolites but thanks for info on the on the dhea. Will to do some research on them. I agree on switching docs. Heard of a good endo here where I live that has a lot of experience with trt. Just need to get reference to be able to see him.

Dhea is made in the adrenals. It metabolizes into several hormones that effect libido and other important functions. When you take trt, your Dhea levels will drop.

Back