• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

An Ancient City Is Discovered Underwater. What They Found Will Change History Forever

heavyiron

Chemistry Experiment
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
An Ancient City Is Discovered Underwater. What They Found Will Change History Forever

Posted on: December 1, 2013 - By Sunny Skyz

p0n2w-underwater-city-discovered.jpg

Photos: Christoph Gerigk @Franck Goddio Hilti Foundation

The city of Heracleion was engulfed underwater 1500 years ago. This grand city had been mentioned by the Greek writer Herodotus, the 5th-century BC historian. He had told a wonderful tale of Helen of Troy, who traveled to Heracleion, then a port of 'great wealth', with her Trojan lover, Paris.

When French marine archaeologist Franck Goddio stumbled upon some relics, it led them to one of the greatest finds of the 21st century; a city underwater. The discovery took place when Goddio had been in search of Napoleon?s warships from the 1798 Battle of the Nile, when he had been defeated by Nelson in these very waters, but to his surprise, he stumbled upon this magnificent discovery.

Here the team retrieves the statue of the god Hapi
a8it0-sunken-city-found.jpg

More and more statues are brought to surface, still in excellent condition
ne963-discovered-underwater-city3.jpg

The discoveries include the colossal statues of the Egyptian goddess Isis, the god Hapi, and an unidentified Egyptian pharaoh, all preserved in excellent condition by their muddy burial shroud. Along with these 16ft statues there are hundreds of smaller statues of Egyptian gods, among them the figures that guarded the temple where Cleopatra who was inaugurated as Queen of the Nile. Dozens of sarcophagi have also been found, containing the bodies of mummified animals sacrificed to Amun-Gereb, the supreme god of the Egyptians. Many amulets, or religious charms, have been unearthed, too, showing gods such as Isis, Osiris and Horus.

A red granite sculpture of a Ptolemaic queen
klp4a-underwater-statues4.jpg

A gold vessel, which is a shallow dish used throughout the Hellenistic world for drinking
vcafg-underwater-city5.jpg

A bronze statuette of a Pharoah of the 26th dynasty
yll6n-underwater-city6.jpg

An ancient lamp is discovered during the search
ulz69-underwater-city7.jpg

Here an archaelogist measures the feet of a colossal red granite statue
umeri-underwater-city8.jpg

The god Hapi was the god of the flooding of the Nile, a symbol of abundance and fertility
so1e6-underwater-city9.jpg

A 1.9m inscribed pillar, commissioned by Nectanebo I (378-362 BC)
51t0j-underwater-city10.jpg

Evidence shows that Heracleion slipped into its watery grave sometime in the 6th or 7th century AD. The discovery of Heracleion will now add depth and detail to our knowledge of the ancient world, because among the discoveries, there are perfectly preserved inscribed pillars decorated with hieroglyphics.
Source

Very cool, I love stuff like this

this stuff is so cool! dont like learning about history but to uncover stuff like this would be awesome!

Very cool, this world has many more secrets left to be revealed.

so interesting..love stuff like this and actually love to learn about history

This is cool. I really have a feeling that the human story is actually much longer than most historians believe.

The earth is approximately 300 million years old maybe a little older. Im sure humanity's history is far older then the 2500 years the Christians believe or the 4500 - 5000 plus years of the written history of the Chinese and Jewish people. I read some where its closer to 40,000 years but it's probably older than that.

I love reading about archeology finds that turn history on its ear and causes things to be rewritten.

The earth is approximately 300 million years old maybe a little older. Im sure humanity's history is far older then the 2500 years the Christians believe or the 4500 - 5000 plus years of the written history of the Chinese and Jewish people. I read some where its closer to 40,000 years but it's probably older than that.

Actually Christians believe the earth and humans are only 5,000 years old, which I cannot understand in this day and age and the amount of technology we have why people continue to read and believe a story book written centuries ago by people that had a tiny fraction of the knowledge and science available today.

www.IronMagLabs.com

IML Gear Cream!
Were talking billions of years. The Q is how long humans have been here. They want you to believe the 5000 yr theory, cause if you believe that, you'll believe anything!

Some of those megaliths go back 10,000's of years.

And what about the annunaki who supposedly created humans, if you subscribe to that theory. Me myself, I find that just as easy if not more so than that jesus bullshit.

bs.gif

Actually Christians believe the earth and humans are only 5,000 years old, which I cannot understand in this day and age and the amount of technology we have why people continue to read and believe a story book written centuries ago by people that had a tiny fraction of the knowledge and science available today.

IronMagLabs Bodybuilding Supplements & Prohormones: Home

You forget that the christians are largely responsible for the Dark Ages?

So, it was the Christians that caused the fall of the Roman Empire that led to the Dark Ages? The over extension of Roman military power, corrupt Roman government and the Visigoths had nothing to do with it. Just a small minority religion did it all? Who would have thunk it.

So, it was the Christians that caused the fall of the Roman Empire that led to the Dark Ages? The over extension of Roman military power, corrupt Roman government and the Visigoths had nothing to do with it. Just a small minority religion did it all? Who would have thunk it.

The learned folks focus on the reasons listed last; as they are the real ones. Christianity was not much of a force to be reckoned with until the Crusades if my memory serves me right.

I really have a feeling that the human story is actually much longer than most historians believe.

Pretty much. The theory is that the ancients were utilizing zero point energy modules and mastered sacred geometry 10K+ years ago. Taught by whom is still a mystery...but the knowledge was kept within the priest class. Priest class always keeps mans true nature and abilities hidden, in order to control him. And that remains to this day.

How in the hell does this always turn into a bashing Christians thing? The general population of Christianity does not believe the earth is 5K years old. The referenced article wouldn't prove, or disprove any of that anyways as it is about a city that disappeared into the sea 1500 years ago. This has nothing to do with Christianity yet, you retards and fuck ups continue to try and push this stupid science vs religion bull shit. The article is about how history has discovered something new, and our understanding has changed. Obviously our knowledge of science and history is incomplete. The fact we make new discoveries everyday that changes our fundamental understanding of the world around us shows that. To turn Science into your own religion makes you as bad as those you rail against you claim the world is 5k years old. How can you not figure that out?

How in the hell does this always turn into a bashing Christians thing? The general population of Christianity does not believe the earth is 5K years old. The referenced article wouldn't prove, or disprove any of that anyways as it is about a city that disappeared into the sea 1500 years ago. This has nothing to do with Christianity yet, you retards and fuck ups continue to try and push this stupid science vs religion bull shit. The article is about how history has discovered something new, and our understanding has changed. Obviously our knowledge of science and history is incomplete. The fact we make new discoveries everyday that changes our fundamental understanding of the world around us shows that. To turn Science into your own religion makes you as bad as those you rail against you claim the world is 5k years old. How can you not figure that out?

I am not bashing Christians, I am just saying they believe that the world is only 5,000 years old because a book written thousands of years ago said so is like believing the world is flat. And yes, that is what the majorities of Christians believe, the earth was created in 6 days , remember?

Yet current science believes the world is about 4.5 billion years old, quite a discrepancy huh?

IML Gear Cream!
Whenever I head someone mention the Dark Ages, they get an immediate F in history. It just fucking amazes me the amount of non-facts that people repeat without ever bothering to learn if it's true or not.

What do you call it, the Brown Ages, when Arabs were making strides...???

I am not bashing Christians, I am just saying they believe that the world is only 5,000 years old because a book written thousands of years ago said so is like believing the world is flat. And yes, that is what the majorities of Christians believe, the earth was created in 6 days , remember?

Yet current science believes the world is about 4.5 billion years old, quite a discrepancy huh?

1. No, Christians as a whole don't believe the earth is 5K years old. Only a small fraction of fundamentalists would you be able to find who would say they believe that. It's actually pretty funny that you, an individual who doesn't believe in Christianity would try and speak for those who do.

2. Can you please explain the relevance of Christianity to a city that slipped into the sea 1500 years ago? It's quite comical when you post factually incorrect, and so astoundingly off topic information.

1. No, Christians as a whole don't believe the earth is 5K years old. Only a small fraction of fundamentalists would you be able to find who would say they believe that. It's actually pretty funny that you, an individual who doesn't believe in Christianity would try and speak for those who do.

2. Can you please explain the relevance of Christianity to a city that slipped into the sea 1500 years ago? It's quite comical when you post factually incorrect, and so astoundingly off topic information.

Some Christians live by the Golden Rule and don't pay attention to the fables...

Some Christians live by the Golden Rule and don't pay attention to the fables...

The world would be a better place regardless of belief if more people followed that rule.

It would be better as well if people weren't trying to use religion, or science to argue against each other.

Christians are busy doing what they always do when it comes to the truth..

Head_In_Sand.jpg

Christians are busy doing what they always do when it comes to the truth..

Head_In_Sand.jpg

I've got $20 bucks that says it was a Christian who found this city.

What do you call it, the Brown Ages

It was the age in which all the ground work work was done all the amazing that suddenly appeared in the Renaissance. In other words, it was just another age of learning. You may refer to it as the Middle Ages.

Let me address the next part.

when Arabs were making strides...???

Bwahahahaha! :funny:

The Arabs haven't done jack since converting to Islam in the 7th and 8th centuries (some areas came later). They did far more under the old Egyptians gods. At best, they rode the coattails of the previous era, the Greeks, and the Romans. People like to talk about that era being the Golden Age of Arabs, but quiet often the so-called achievements aren't named, were minor by Western standards or simply not of Arab origin. Take catgut (using intestinal wall material for suturing wounds). It's claimed to be of Arab origin since it was created in the Arab world, Turkey to be precise. In fact, it was created by a Roman -- Galen -- living in Turkey. Hell, most of the Arab advancements in Medicine was mostly Galen's work. The Muslim-Arab discovery of breast cancer? Beaten by the Egyptian by almost 4000 years. The Muslim-Arab invention of using windmills to power irrigation? Greeks in the first century BC. At best, they codified trigonometry. The so-called Golden Age of the Arab world reads like African-American studies. Something that's supposed to make you feel good if you're in that group -- the facts be damned.

Stuff that was discovered in the West in the Middle Ages? The heavy plow, eye glasses, hourglass, tidal mills, blast furnace, mechanical clock, and the printing press.

Dark Ages, my ass.

Last edited:
It was the age in which all the ground work work was done all the amazing that suddenly appeared in the Renaissance. In other words, it was just another age of learning. You may refer to it as the Middle Ages.

Let me address the next part.

Bwahahahaha! :funny:

The Arabs haven't done jack since converting to Islam in the 7th and 8th centuries (some areas came later). They did far more under the old Egyptians gods. At best, they rode the coattails of the previous era, the Greeks, and the Romans. People like to talk about that era being the Golden Age of Arabs, but quiet often the so-called achievements aren't named, were minor by Western standards or simply not of Arab origin. Take catgut (using intestinal wall material for suturing wounds). It's claimed to be of Arab origin since it was created in the Arab world, Turkey to be precise. In fact, it was created by a Roman -- Galen -- living in Turkey. Hell, most of the Arab advancements in Medicine was mostly Galen's work. The Muslim-Arab discovery of breast cancer? Beaten by the Egyptian by almost 4000 years. The Muslim-Arab invention of using windmills to power irrigation? Greeks in the first century BC. At best, they codified trigonometry. The so-called Golden Age of the Arab world reads like African-American studies. Something that's supposed to make you feel good if you're in that group -- the facts be damned.

Stuff that was discovered in the West in the Middle Ages? The heavy plow, eye glasses, hourglass, tidal mills, blast furnace, mechanical clock, and the printing press.

Dark Ages, my ass.

Always appreciate all of your post ...Thanks

Me being a nerd myself....this is fucking awesome.

So in the "Middle Ages", when superstition was the order of the day, it was actually a time of forward thinking. :winkfinger:

Back