• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

solution for side effects of a low carb diet

mike456

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi, I am trying to lose fat, and maintain muscle. I want to drop about 15lbs of fat.

The only way I can stick to a diet without binge eating is staying away from all processed carbs and sugar, like bread, pasta, and even milk and cheese products. Basically all I eat is meat, eggs, and vegetables, and I dont feel the urge to binge at all, but I do feel headaces, and very low energy levels.

How can I get around these side affects without turning back to bread and pasta products?

Will increasing fat intake help? I drink lots of water already, and I don't think it's the sodium because I tried throwing pickles and broth in and still had a pounding headache. I also lose strength on this type of diet.

You are going to have to eat some carbs. Just stick with moderate amounts of rice & sweet potatoes cycled around training days. Otherwise you are just going to crash your metabolism and stall fat loss.

yes increase fat intake will make all the difference. Dont worry about carbs not necessary in the context of energy production but if you feel flat you can have a cup of rice or 1/2 patatoe occasionally to fill up a bit.

I do the same thing no carb the headache will go away. I also drink black coffee to help. Make sure you he the fats and have a cheat day a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coconut oil could help, as would MCT oil. You should get some carbs, though. I would try to get about 50g per day from veggies, you could probably add in a potato.

I was going to suggest sweet potatoes as well (and any other carb with a lower GI). Theoretically, increasing your fats should help as well, but we're all different. I have tried low carb diets before and I simply can't function on them.

get a program too make sure your macros are correct...just cause its a keto diet doesn't mean you wont require a certain amount of each...need to make sure your sodium..potassium and magnesium intake are high enough..there are some sites out there that you can plug all your info into too ensure your on track...

You can check out leangains.com it's basically Intermittent Fasting, but the cool part is you can eat whatever the hell you want (within reason) and still lose weight if you structure it right, I lost 10lbs per month over 4 months (about a 42 lb loss overall) but I'll admit I should have fed more protein, was my first time doing it so I didn't get it perfectly right as well as I could have... but YOU can, and learn from my mistake

The trick then is you can eat all your daily macros in a 4-6 hour window, each day, the rest of the time your body is in fast mode... burns up the excess calories plus the fasting from sleep and early morning helps a ton. This way you can eat carbs, fats, proteins, just gotta get the proper proportion of each

Also, one thing I noticed is going from a no-carb diet, you want to GRADUALLY increase your carb intake daily, if you bump it up all at once you'll get bloated quick cuz your metabolism is adjusted to no carbs... so use wisely. Best of luck

Back