• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

T3 in low dosage how long can you run

HeavyB

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
T3 in low dosage how long can you run.. 10 to 15mg... and can you cycle back up to 100mg of it..

T3 in low dosage how long can you run.. 10 to 15mg... and can you cycle back up to 100mg of it..
1. mcg not mg.
2. From what I read the natural production of T3 equals to around 25mcg/ day. Thus a dose of 25mcg (or less) won't have desired effect, unless you suffer from hypothyroidism. Theoretically by taking 25mcg (or less) you are just suppressing natural production. Take 37.5mg upwards.

You can run it for as long as you want. Some of the more recent studies I have read state that you don't have to taper or "ramp" your doses up or down and you can stop using it it whenever you want without having to risk "shocking" your thyroid. From my readings, the whole discussion about shocking your thyroid by using too much or by not tapering on/off is a complete myth. I do not have the links to those studies....but I could probably find them again if you really want me to.

/V

*mcg

after seeing what AAS has done to my natty test production and fertility I'm grateful I never messed with T3. Just one more thing you could potentially jack up for life.

Thanks for calling me out :) on my typo. I guess I was meaning 25 mcg since I have been doing a 1/4 of the oral syringe. I should have done more when I came off the 100mcg daily. I went back to the 25mcg cause I felt like crap. I had plenty if blood test and thyroid checked and was told it was fine before I ever had my first cycle. I have always had a fat problem even thou my diet is pretty much in check. The t3 dosage seemed to help it more than anything. So from what I understand from you guys I should be able to run 37.5mcg daily and run my 100mcg when I want to cut or should I run 137.5mcg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last blood before t3 was TSH 2.130

You can run it for as long as you want. Some of the more recent studies I have read state that you don't have to taper or "ramp" your doses up or down and you can stop using it it whenever you want without having to risk "shocking" your thyroid. From my readings, the whole discussion about shocking your thyroid by using too much or by not tapering on/off is a complete myth. I do not have the links to those studies....but I could probably find them again if you really want me to.

/V

this, but anytime someone asks me about thyroid dosing I always have them taper off because there are a few bumps when you stop taking it.

HOWEVER, my sister is a jerk off about her thyroid meds ..forgets to take them...takes them whenever..takes too much at once and her bloods always come back good
she has hashimotos though

My last blood before t3 was TSH 2.130

thats high but tsh is a pituitary number ...it becomes semi irrelevant when you're adding t3 or t4 to your body

thats high but tsh is a pituitary number ...it becomes semi irrelevant when you're adding t3 or t4 to your body

That number was before I ran anything so do I have a thyroid issue from the start?

IML Gear Cream!
yes, if that was your starting tsh that is less than ideal..but not a problem per se
any idea what your other numbers were?
tsh is a lousy indicator of thyroid health

That number was before I ran anything so do I have a thyroid issue from the start?

Normal values can range from 0.4 - 4.0 mIU/L

there's a lot of argument that in a healthy adult it shouldn't really be over 2.0
some labs range going up to 5.0

The vast majority of labs and doctors report a TSH of 2.1 as normal. His TSH measured fine.

The vast majority of labs and doctors report a TSH of 2.1 as normal. His TSH measured fine.

I didn't say it wasn't within "normal" lab range
without knowing his free and total t4 and t3 its a pretty useless number...like I said, its a pituitary number that doesn't have a lot of practical relevance to how ones thyroid is actually functioning

that said, if I read anything higher than .5 on tsh my Dr would kook...but my circumstances are unique

heres a good example at what I was getting at

TestLab LowOptimal RangeLab High
TSH0.51.3-1.85.0
Free T40.81.2-1.31.8
Free T3230320-330420
Free T3*2.33.2-3.34.2
*Some labs divide FT3 results by 100 thus 230 is the same as 2.3, etc.

I didn't say it wasn't within "normal" lab range
without knowing his free and total t4 and t3 its a pretty useless number...like I said, its a pituitary number that doesn't have a lot of practical relevance to how ones thyroid is actually functioning

that said, if I read anything higher than .5 on tsh my Dr would kook...but my circumstances are unique
In post #10 you posted that his TSH was high. I agree there's debate on the ranges but his is not high according to virtually ever lab on the planet. =)

So I am fine to cycle t3 as needed ? I have been reading that I can. I have been off the small dosage since first of jan and I want to run 100mcg starting in feb again. I just don't want to screw up my thyroid.

So I am fine to cycle t3 as needed ? I have been reading that I can. I have been off the small dosage since first of jan and I want to run 100mcg starting in feb again. I just don't want to screw up my thyroid.

Recovery of pituitary thyrotropic function after withdrawal of prolonged thyroid-suppression therapy.

Vagenakis AG, Braverman LE, Azizi F, Portinay GI, Ingbar SH.

The pattern of thyrotropin secretion was analyzed in seven euthyroid women, before and after withdrawal of long-term thyroid hormone, by serial measurements of thyroid 131l uptake, serum thyroxine, tri-iodothyronine, and thyrotropin concentrations, and the response to thyrotropin-releasing hormone. During exogenous hormone administration, 131l uptake was suppressed, and serum thyrotropin concentrations before and after administration of thyrotropin-releasing hormone were undetectable. After withdrawal of exogenous hormone, thyrotropin secretory function was transiently impaired, as indicated by undetectable basal thyrotropin concentrations together with absence of response to thyrotropin-releasing hormone, and subsequently by normal values of basal thyrotropin concentration and normal responses to releasing hormone while serum thyroxine and tri-iodothyronine concentrations were subnormal. Decreased thyrotropin reserve persisted for two to five weeks. Detectable values of serum thyrotropin (less than 1.2 muU per milliliter) and a normal 131l uptake usually occurred concurrently in two to three weeks. Serum thyroxine concentration returned to normal at least four weeks after hormone withdrawal.

PMID: 808728 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Patterns off recovery of the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis in patients taken of chronic thyroid therapy.

Krugman LG, Hershman JM, Chopra IJ, Levine GA, Pekary E, Geffner DL, Chua Teco GN.

To determine the patterns of recovery of the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis following long-term thyroid hormone therapy, TRH tests were performed on 8 euthyroid nongoitrous patients, 5 euthyroid goitrous patients, and 5 hypothyroid patients while they were taking full doses of thyroid hormone and 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49, and 56 days after stopping it. Serum TSH, T3, and T4 were measured before and at multiple intervals over a 4-h period after giving 500 mug TRH iv. In euthyroid non-goitrous patients, the mean duration of suppressed TSH response to TRH (maximum deltaTSH less than 8 muU/ml) was 12 +/- 4 (SE) days after stopping thyroid hormone and the mean time to recovery of normal TSH response to TRH (maximum deltaTSH greater than 8 muU/ml) was 16 +/- 5 days. None of the euthyroid nongoitrous patients ever hyperresponded to TRH; their average maximal deltaTSH was 24.5 +/- 2.2 muU/ml. Serum T4 fell below normal in 4 euthyroid non-goitrous patients, reaching lowest values at 4 to 28 days. While serum T4 was low, deltaTSH was subnormal. Normal increments of T4 and T3 after TRH occurred at 19 +/- 5 and 22 +/- 6 days, respectively. In the 5 goitrous patients, patterns of recovery of pituitary and thyroid function assessed by the same parameters were much less consistent. In the 5 hypothyroid patients, the mean duration of suppressed basal TSH and suppressed deltaTSH was 13 +/- 3 days; mean time to attain a supranormal basal TSH (greater than 8 muU/ml) was 16 +/- 4 days and to reach a supranormal deltaTSH (greater than 38 muU/ml) after TRH was 29 +/- 8 days. Following prolonged thyroid therapy in euthyroid patients, recovery of normal TSH responsiveness to TRH preceded recovery of the normal T3 and T4 response to TRH by 3 to 6 days. Basal serum TSH may be used to differentiate euthyroid from hypothyroid patients 35 days after withdrawal of thyroid therapy; the response to TRH does not improve this differentiation.

PMID: 807596 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

What dose did you use last time? At 100mcg muscle loss will be severe, unless you run a good combo of AAS combined with a very high protein diet of at least 2.5g/lbs.

IML Gear Cream!
In post #10 you posted that his TSH was high. I agree there's debate on the ranges but his is not high according to virtually ever lab on the planet. =)

youre right..I didnt word it well at all! And kneejerk reacted with how Id react if it were my own labs. :)

What dose did you use last time? At 100mcg muscle loss will be severe, unless you run a good combo of AAS combined with a very high protein diet of at least 2.5g/lbs.

Agreed. T3 LOVES to chew away at our LBM. I use 2.5g of protein per body lb. as my maintenance, as well as when on. I have dozens of food allergies so all I eat are mainly meat and potatoes....and a shit load of sups. Protein intake should be high anytime you mess with T3...it will help with fat, but it chews away at muscle as well with no problems. I only touch the stuff in the summer for a few weeks to tighten up a bit...otherwise, I never touch the stuff. I keep my eye on my diet and training and I never reach double digit BF% numbers.

/V

this, but anytime someone asks me about thyroid dosing I always have them taper off because there are a few bumps when you stop taking it.

HOWEVER, my sister is a jerk off about her thyroid meds ..forgets to take them...takes them whenever..takes too much at once and her bloods always come back good
she has hashimotos though

You are correct. I was more or less speaking in general terms....in the past, everyone though that the slightest mistake in using compounds like T3 could ruin/shock/shut down your thyroid VERY easily. Now, we know better and we know how resilient our thyroid is. I mean, you really really have to mess with the stuff hard core to fuck yourself up with the stuff. Or at least that's the conclusion I have come to after reading various current studies and articles. Either way, I don't want to mess around too much with my thyroid. AAS, GH, slin, IGF, and some peps are more than enough. I'm about 40 now, very happy with myself the way I am...I just want to keep what I have. And with a fractured spine, my exercises are now very limited. To grow, you need to squat and dead lift, etc. Without working legs and back, it's hard as hell...

/V

oh yeah totally...I was agreeing with you....just again worded pretty badly
you can be semi erratic with the stuff and not screw yourself up long term but I tend to think that people that have underlying problems might be more susceptible to giving themselves problems by abusing it.

I was running tren a 50mg ed test Cyp 250 weekly along with AI. I never come off test Cyp or AI . Currently on a bridge cycle with var. I am running the t3 to get rid of the damn belly I never have been able to. My diet is in check btw.

I was running tren a 50mg ed test Cyp 250 weekly along with AI. I never come off test Cyp or AI . Currently on a bridge cycle with var. I am running the t3 to get rid of the damn belly I never have been able to. My diet is in check btw.

What is the highest dose of T3 you have run in the past?

/V

Correct.
Google Guay et al ....

What is the highest dose of T3 you have run in the past?

75mcg daily for 2 months . That was with a ramp up and down. I tried to come off with out the ramp down and felt like crap so I ran 37.5 for a week then came off.

25 mics is generally the most you can do without suppression. 50 mics is the threshold of muscle catabolism. Anything higher and you are feeding on your skeletal aminos. Just as those said above, you need AAS to combat this. I think a 500mg per week test cycle is the minimum.

Back