• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Yohimbe and Kidney Disease

svt2001

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Last time I got blood work, the doctor said that I was taking in "too much protein" because of elevated Potassium levels, elevated BUN levels, and elevated BUN/Creatinine levels. I guess this signals kidney impairment.

This week I was reading a book titled Worried Sick and found out that yohimbe taken orally can lead to kidney disease. I was taking yohimbe as part of Dan Duchaine's Bodyopus or Lyle McDonald's stubborn fat protocol during this time.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Thanks in advance for any input.

taking any supplement for a long time can lead to kidney problems. especially creatine and excess protein and some supplements like chromium for example. more supplements is not better.any excess is not good in the long run.

Potassium, creatinine and BUN can also all show marked elevation if you had blood work on a training day as all increase after strenuous exercise. It could be that more than any supplements but it wouldn't hurt to eliminate one or more at a time to see if thats what is causing your issues. What was you GFR? That is the most important marker of kidney function.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

^^^ as dave said creatinine level alone is not a good indicator of kidney function. a more accurate test would be GFR by the method if the 24h creatinine clearance test where they test your blood creatinine and how much creatinine is eliminated (found in your urine) in 24 hours. if your blood creatine is high but your clearance is also high then its ok. but when blood creatinine is high and urine clearance is low then this means your kidneys are not working properly in eliminating creatinine from blood.

normally you test your creatinine in your blood , if it is normal then no further testing is required. if it is above normal then 24 h creatinine clearance test is performed. i had to do that once as my creatinine level was a bit high but my GFR after a 24h test was found to be fine. note that many factors contribute to high blood creatinine such as muscle mass, strenuous exercise ....

Back