• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

donating blood

IML Gear Cream!
3-6 months is my educated guess.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Soujerz- they only such place I've hear off is if you have a scrip and go to a lab..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soujerz- they only such place I've hear off is if you have a scrip and go to a lab..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely, i was talking to a hospital worker the other day they told me there may be a place nearby that takes blood for Research Purposes NOT donations i'll let you guys know if it works out. Otherwise i gotta wait to finish the accutane.

I always donate when running EQ. Once during cycle and once after. 8 weeks apart.
Never had anyone flag my donation for it.
I've even asked if it's OK to donate when I was taking Hydrocodone and they told me no problem so test should be a non-issue.
They're just happy to get the blood.
You give it free, they collect $100-$200 per unit.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117431

I always donate when running EQ. Once during cycle and once after. 8 weeks apart.
Never had anyone flag my donation for it.
I've even asked if it's OK to donate when I was taking Hydrocodone and they told me no problem so test should be a non-issue.
They're just happy to get the blood.
You give it free, they collect $100-$200 per unit.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117431

I am on accutane though and that is toxic and will be in my blood stream so if i donate blood whoever gets my blood will get the accutane too, i don't want to hurt someone by accident. I really do want them to draw the blood and then after say "Oh shit i tottaly forgot i am on accutane, you should destroy that, sorry" I mean they make money off my blood and i have donated 3 times in the last year to the same hospital don't they owe me a freebie?

Will donating have any negative effects on training performance?

Would it be better to donate just red blood cells instead of whole blood? Red cross does this its called double red cell donation, they take two units of red blood cells while returning your plasma, platelets, and some added saline. Maybe Heavy or someone could give us or at least me their 2 cents, thanks.

FCK the Red Cross! I went in to donate today and since I was in the military and stationed in Europe between 1980 and 1996 they put me on an indefinite can't donate list. They stated that the Mad Cow scare caused the FDA to make donating more stringent. GEEZ!!!!

FCK the Red Cross! I went in to donate today and since I was in the military and stationed in Europe between 1980 and 1996 they put me on an indefinite can't donate list. They stated that the Mad Cow scare caused the FDA to make donating more stringent. GEEZ!!!!

Yes, overseas military service, actually overseas anything, takes you out of the eligible donor pool.

You can always do it yourself. It's not difficult but you do need the bag, lines (tubing) with luer lock, and and a 16ga needle.
I did my own back in the days of blood doping.
Not for the squeamish.

Will donating have any negative effects on training performance?
Yes, for 24-36h. Its advised not to exercise after donating blood.

IML Gear Cream!
Also Red Cross sometimes will give movie tickets or ten dollar gift cards sometimes. They were doing this on their Red bus, I am still wondering if anyone has any info on the double red cell donation. As I mentioned above they return your plasma and platelets along with added saline. Logically sounds like a better idea since red cells are the issue and keeping the plasma plus added saline would improve the viscosity. Correct me if Im wrong, my 2 cents.

One would need a legitimate reason to make a double red cell donation, like a letter from the doctor, however a blood panel results showing high RBC may be sufficient for some places.

One would need a legitimate reason to make a double red cell donation, like a letter from the doctor, however a blood panel results showing high RBC may be sufficient for some places.

Negative my dude after being asked if I wanted to donate on college campus were the red cross bus was all week I decided to ask her if I could just donate red blood cells she told me yes also said whole, plasma etc.. They will take whatever you are willing to give them. She asked me if I have had tattoos within a year and if I could fill out a form of my basic info then commented on how good my veins looked (on tren at the time lol) and that it would be easy for me to donate. Then she mentioned a ten dollar gift card but I had to go to class and said fuck it after class.

Just my experience ^^^^^^ Danny but they were trying to recruit anyone walking/passing by coming from the parking lot to campus. Maybe different from place to place.

Would it be better to donate just red blood cells instead of whole blood? Red cross does this its called double red cell donation, they take two units of red blood cells while returning your plasma, platelets, and some added saline. Maybe Heavy or someone could give us or at least me their 2 cents, thanks.

They use an Alyx machine.
If you do an Alyx donation you have to wait twice as long to be able to donate again (16 weeks).
It also take a lot longer to complete than a standard donation of one unit of blood.

Double the red cells means double the money for whatever organization does the collection.

Here's a link to how it works:
http://www.thebloodcenter.org/donor/AlyxFacts.aspx

I'd certainly consult your physician if you haven't already.
You want to make sure you're healthy enough to donate.

I took this from Red Cross website:

Home > Donating Blood > Types of Donations > Double Red Cells

Double Red Cell Donation

What Is It?

Double red cell donation is similar to a whole blood donation, except a special machine is used to allow you to safely donate two units of red blood cells during one donation while returning your plasma and platelets to you.

Why Should You Do It?

You may already know about the ongoing need for blood and the importance of your donations through the American Red Cross. Whole blood donations contain red blood cells, platelets, plasma and white blood cells. Red blood cells are the most frequently used blood component and are needed by almost every type of patient requiring transfusion. If you meet certain criteria, double red cell donation allows you to safely donate two units of red cells during one appointment as an automated donation process. It is as safe as whole blood donation.

How Is a Double Red Cell Donation Different?

During your double red cell donation, blood is drawn from one arm and drawn through a sterile, single-use needle set to a machine. The machine separates and collects two units of red cells and then safely returns the remaining blood components, along with some saline, back to you through the same arm.

Double Red Cell Donor

The Benefits
Save time and make your donation go further: If you are extremely busy, committed to donating blood and an eligible type O, A negative or B negative donor, double red cell donation may be ideal for you. Each procedure lets you give more of the product that is needed most by patients. Double red cell donation takes approximately 30 minutes longer than a whole blood donation and you can donate approximately every four months.
Feel better: With all of your platelets and plasma returned to you along with some saline, you don?t lose the liquid portion of your blood and may feel more hydrated after your donation.
Am I Eligible to Donate?
In addition to meeting other whole blood donor qualifications, you must also meet specific criteria for donating double red cells, especially for hemoglobin, weight and height. The thresholds for each vary by gender as well as by the device used to collect the blood. A representative from the Red Cross in your area can provide you with the requirements for the collection device currently used.

Thanks Paranoid and HFO3 for input didn't know about 4 month rule. Never donated but plan on it from now on. Been off for a year now and it's time to get back on, want to do things right in all areas of the game. Like I said Dannie, you could be right as far as what you said being standard procedure, could vary from person or staff. Thanks for the input fellas and think it's safe to say if RBCs are high it would be more logical to go with the double red cell donation if possible? I gathered yes.

Yes, overseas military service, actually overseas anything, takes you out of the eligible donor pool.

You can always do it yourself. It's not difficult but you do need the bag, lines (tubing) with luer lock, and and a 16ga needle.
I did my own back in the days of blood doping.
Not for the squeamish.

You only need a bag if you're going to collect it! :)

You only need a bag if you're going to collect it! :)

I tried the whole letting it run into a bottle thing.
Messy to say the least.
I'm not normally squeamish, I've seen so much blood, death and gore and even being part of it at times you'd think I would be immune by now.
When it's your own blood pouring out of you it's much easier to deal with seeing it collect in a bag than an open bottle, bucket or on the floor.
I left more of my blood in the sand over the space of a few minutes in some shithole no one in their right mind would ever want to visit than most men will bleed in a lifetime.

Trust me, when you get a whiff of that much blood, especially your own, your bound to get a little queasy no matter how strong your stomach.
If anyone does decide to let their own blood I suggest you have someone present who can dial 911 if you F it up.
You pass out with blood running into a bucket, you ain't coming to on your own.

Actually, I never should have made the suggestion in the first place.
Kinda stupid on my part.
Please disregard the idea entirely as being foolhardy at best and fatal at worst.
And please, forgive my rant.

moe go to the united blood service they have a location on market street in ventura near the dmv

Back