• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Pylon's Journal v6 - Downhill Slope

IML Gear Cream!
Lifting day. This is going to start being fun again, since I'm in the second rotation of the HIT cycle, which means I can start measuring improvement. First two sets on each are WU.

WU - Elliptical, 10 min

DB lat raises - 10sx10, 10sx10, 15sx10 - Up 4 reps. Still getting grief from my right shoulder on this. Weird.

BO DB rows - 20sx10, 20sx10, 40sx10 - Up 7.5 lb each side.

Standing BB curls - 30x10, 30x10, 55x10 - Up 4 reps

Tri pressdowns - 40x10, 40x10, 70x10 - up 10 lbs
SS bench dips - bwx5, bwx5, bwx4 - up 2 reps

Did some running today. Not a lot, but enough to count. Clean food yesterday and today. Tomorrow will be a different story for dinner tho, as I've been requested to make my nearly world famous eggplant lasagna. Tough to do on low carb, but whaddaya gonna do?

Did some running today. Not a lot, but enough to count. Clean food yesterday and today. Tomorrow will be a different story for dinner tho, as I've been requested to make my nearly world famous eggplant lasagna. Tough to do on low carb, but whaddaya gonna do?

"...whaddaya do?????" More cardio to burn off those extra carbs :thumb: Gotta pay for that cheat meal LOL

"...whaddaya do?????" More cardio to burn off those extra carbs :thumb: Gotta pay for that cheat meal LOL

Well, I'm lucky that it is coming on leg day. Heavy lifting today!

Dumb. DumbDumbDumb.

In the gym for lifting day. First two sets are WU...

WU - 10 min elliptical

Leg ext - 60x10, 60x10, 120x10 (up 15 lb)
SS Squats 95x10, 95x10, 185x10 (up 50 lb)

So far, so good. And then...

Calf press - 270x10

I know better than to go heavy on a setup that I'm not comfortable with. I know better. Really. But there isn't a real calf setup, so I'm using the hack squat machine instead. And I've never felt comfortable with it. The brake is a little weird, and I'm never 100% sure if I pull up or down to engage it. Today on the first set, I pulled down (which was correct, BTW) and lowered slowly, but it didn't catch where I thought it should, so I pulled it back up. It was just at that moment I felt it start to catch. The end result it I missed the stop, and had to take the load all the way to the bottom and get out.

Nothing major, but it tweaked it tweaked the inside of my left knee and my back a little. The back was a cramp which released after a minute of stretching. The knee, though, it still barking a bit. Decided not to try to finish the lift or any cardio after. Will take it easy for the weekend and see how it responds to rest.

Dumb dumb dumb.

So the knee is still stiff, but is significantly better. Looks like any real damage has been avoided. *whew*

Took time off to let the knee rest and make sure it wasn't injured beyond a tweak. The good news is it feels pretty good again. Not great, but enough to get back to work.

I'm going to focus on a couple of things, starting with intake. Started the Whole30 plan yesterday. Pairing it with low impact workouts, mostly cardio/body weight for now. The plan is to do this to get things back on track, with the intent of ramping back up after 30 days.

Day 3 in the books. Nice and clean. Felt great this morning. Breakfast is sweet potato hash (one of my very favorite new things),eggs, strawberries and coffee. Good times.

Day 3 in the books. Nice and clean. Felt great this morning. Breakfast is sweet potato hash (one of my very favorite new things),eggs, strawberries and coffee. Good times.

That sounds like a good breakfast......:thumb:

Back