• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

40 yr old newbie looking for advice

Pipe1998

Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys, I wanna start a cycle very soon, so I'm looking for advice. I am 40 years old, 5'11"
183 pounds with very little body fat. I have always been a gym rat but I'm looking for more at my age. A friend gave me some Sustanon 250 a while back so I did it for 10 weeks of 1ml per week. I loved the gains from it and new then that I was hooked. Anyways, I've been doing lots of reading and research but I'm just as overwhelmed as before. I'm just looking to be in great shape, nothing really serious. I was considering just doing a cycle of test but not sure about the PCT? Any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated

Ostarine is a pretty nice addition to pct. You'll keep a lot more
of your on cycle gains. Something you may want to look into

Well Sustanon is test, so in a sence you already did a light cycle of test. Although at 250 mg a week that was more like a TRT dose

When you do your cycle you can use sust again, but for a beginner testE is best its easier to keep blood levels stable. You will want to run 500-600 mg a week and will need some form of AI . Then also PCT stuff , unless at your age you want to just enter the world of blast/cruise, which of course is a big commitment.

I would do a test cyp cycle 500mg week. Make user you us a good AI. Have you had bloods done?

Hey guys, I wanna start a cycle very soon, so I'm looking for advice. I am 40 years old, 5'11"
183 pounds with very little body fat. I have always been a gym rat but I'm looking for more at my age. A friend gave me some Sustanon 250 a while back so I did it for 10 weeks of 1ml per week. I loved the gains from it and new then that I was hooked. Anyways, I've been doing lots of reading and research but I'm just as overwhelmed as before. I'm just looking to be in great shape, nothing really serious. I was considering just doing a cycle of test but not sure about the PCT? Any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated

48 year youngster here. Good advice from the bros so far. Keep us posted on when you start and we'll help you fine tune. I personally am cruising Test C and can't say enough about how great my life is now. Welcome.

At 40yrs old you need to be prepared for the fact you may not recover ...espc if you run a few cycles ...like the others said...something in the 500mg ew range should suffice...I would get baseline labs for sure at 40+....you need to know where your hormone and health markets are at..

At 40yrs old you need to be prepared for the fact you may not recover ...espc if you run a few cycles ...like the others said...something in the 500mg ew range should suffice...I would get baseline labs for sure at 40+....you need to know where your hormone and health markets are at..
Very sound advice there!

IML Gear Cream!
Can you guys tell me more about the blood work? What to ask for etc

One more thing. What's the smallest amount of Test I can do without needing an AI, or is this even possible? It seems you need to be a full blown chemist to be on a regular cycle with all the different steroids these days.
It just seems very complicated and I really don't want to go about this aimlessly like most of my friends. Any ideas?

Do you guys think that if your over 40 you need to have more aggressive PCT to recover?

Bloods would help the certainty of what you may need or not for your PCT. But, I would also go on how you feel and how your nuts respond. If you plan on low dosing, you MAY not need a large PCT cycle.
Do you guys think that if your over 40 you need to have more aggressive PCT to recover?

As mentioned above, all your questions thus far have been answered in the stickies. If you have one that isn't answered in there, please post it up an we will all do our best to help you out brother.

/V

Bro I am 40 and much like you was a few years ago... I actually went to doc feeling like shit and he figured out I needed to bet on TRT I would almost bet your Test is low to start with. If you have not ran any gear just go to the doc tell him you feel like crap throwing up in the morning falling to sleep all the time. http://www.androgel.com/making-sense-of-your-symptoms take the low T quiz tell him you failed it and will do bloods. Get a copy of the report that will be your base line. The if he puts you on it good just do that and add a some more to blast all he will give you will be enough to get in range.. I do the TRT plus I blast.... I just go back down when I know I am going in to see him for something incase they pull blood.
I never do PCT since I never come off and at 40 I would think you are low anyhow.

You can tell alot about how you feel... ..BTW the nuts will tell on most except me mine never have went down go figure...

That's a clever idea. I am in my mid forties. I think I will try that.
Bro I am 40 and much like you was a few years ago... I actually went to doc feeling like shit and he figured out I needed to bet on TRT I would almost bet your Test is low to start with. If you have not ran any gear just go to the doc tell him you feel like crap throwing up in the morning falling to sleep all the time. http://www.androgel.com/making-sense-of-your-symptoms take the low T quiz tell him you failed it and will do bloods. Get a copy of the report that will be your base line. The if he puts you on it good just do that and add a some more to blast all he will give you will be enough to get in range.. I do the TRT plus I blast.... I just go back down when I know I am going in to see him for something incase they pull blood.
I never do PCT since I never come off and at 40 I would think you are low anyhow.

You can tell alot about how you feel... ..BTW the nuts will tell on most except me mine never have went down go figure...

Oh forgot something... Make sure if you sick and on blast dont go to the same doc incase he pulls bloods he will want to know why your test is so high.. Had that happen one time blame on some GNC stuff... So now I dont go to him unless I am prepared to have blood ran.

A lot of good replies here and after reading them, I can't think of anything to add. I am on trt myself, have been for a few years and around the same age. Read up all the stickies and the suggestions as stated.

Icon

IML Gear Cream!
Oh forgot something... Make sure if you sick and on blast dont go to the same doc incase he pulls bloods he will want to know why your test is so high.. Had that happen one time blame on some GNC stuff... So now I dont go to him unless I am prepared to have blood ran.

Good advice here. I went to my primary for my yearly physical in March of last year. My triglycerides were all fucked up and my testosterone was 270, I'm only 36, and I'm a hard core lifter, 6'2, 250, 14% BF at the time. I asked him if my test needed to by higher as that seemed really low for my lifestyle/body type/diet/training etc. He said; "Your just getting older." So, I decided to take matters in my own hands since he wasn't concerned. I went back to him 3 months later for something unrelated and he pulled my blood, ran my testosterone along with a full panel, and I got some eyebrow raises from him. I never get drug tested there for my pain meds/muscle relaxers,(my wife and I were hit by a drunk driving asshole and came a pubic hair's width away from both of us dying, 70K in hospital bills, lots of residual injuries that get worse with age, etc), and all of a sudden I'm getting piss tested now and the nurse is waiting outside the door listening in on me, no shit. I can't help but believe it was because of my elevated Testosterone results. I've been going to this guy for 20 years. Word of advice, follow what the member I quoted above said. Staying under the radar is my life's goal...

Yep its sad that we have to take matters in to our own hands.. I have talked to a few docs in the area and guys on this forum have more knowledge on TRT and levels than experts. I got sent to a Endo and she really didnt have a clue when I wanted to try to switch to pining and she wanted me completely off of TRT and said it was cause I didnt get enough sleep.
But under the radar is the best not worth my health insurance...
And if you get bloods down make sure you follow the sticky about bloods so it doesnt go on your insurance.

Back