• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What are you're thoughts on calisthenics?

Crhonos

Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
And by calisthenics, I don't mean just some regular pushups, and squats daily. I mean like a program where you're constantly challenging yourself with leverage and different positions? Has anyone tried routines on madbarz or fitness666?

It's pretty interesting. I tried for a couple months towards the end of last year. It was interesting to work into different progressions such as pistol squats, one handed pushups and muscleups. Basically just curious if anyone here actually has some experience without necessarily incorporating weights all the time, or maybe using advance calisthenics along with weights?

I've read that gymnasts are typically the strongest athletes around, lb for lb. Obviously they aren't doing powerlifting, but the things that they can do with their bodies are pretty amazing, from planche pushups to handstand pushups. They also seem to have some good carry over into other lifts, including bench.

Anyways really just curious if anyone has had a great experience on a cycle with calisthenics, or do you feel it may be a waste? Read elsewhere that someone gained 22lbs doing calisthenics, but I don't know how much of it was actually kept.

i started my journey in bodybuilding with a good year of calisthenics in 1976 just because no gyms were available nearby at the time. got pretty good shape but i was very young too. i still incorporate some moves in my workouts till today and sometimes i just go for a full bodyworkout with calisthenics and functional training challenging some young guy in the gym for fun.
overall it is good for balance and strength and coordination and if done without resting too much it is a good cardio training too. However it is limited if you want to build size and you cannot just rely on it alone for size ,.. but calisthenics can improve your performance in weightlifting as you hit muscles that you dont hit in regular static lifting and it improves your balance.

Back