• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

question about workout frequencies

Stewart14

Weapon of Choice
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok, this is probably a case of majoring in the minors as they say but I was looking for some opinions on the differences between two workout plans. I'll post the plans here:

plan 1
sunday
bench press 3x5
db shoulder press 3x8
dips 2x10

tuesday
squats 3x5
glute ham raises 3x8
pendlay rows 5x6
hammer curls 2x10

thursday
overhead press 3x5
flat db bench 3x8
floor press 2x10

friday
deadlifts 3x5
leverage squats 3x8
chinups 5x6
curls 2x10

versus

plan 2
day 1
bench 3x5
oh press 3x5
flat db bench 3x8
db shoulder press 3x8
floor press 2x10
dips 2x10

day 2
pendlay rows 5x6
chinups 5x6
curls 2x10
other curls 2x10

day 3
off

day 4
squats 3x5
deads 3x5
lever squats 3x8
ghr 3x8

day 5
off

day 6
repeat

so basically plan 2 puts everything together with 4 days of rest between days, but you get more volume overall as you're doing the exercises more than once per week each.

im wondering if those 4 days of rest would be better for my long term gains, even if I am doing the exercises more often, bearing in mind I am an about to turn 40 lifter coming off elbow surgery...

would the squatting and dead lifting every 5 days prove to be too much versus a heavy squat session followed by a heavy deadlift session only 2 days later? same for the benching, although I think that would prove to be more doable. back work doesn't concern me.

just looking for opinions, all responses welcome! thanks

I would go with plan 1, since it seems a little easier. Personally I would go with something even easier then plan 1, and just ease back into it.

Never mix squats with deadlift alphastrength is right, Just curious why don't u increase amount of training per muscle. Minimum of three movements per muscle. I find four to five to be most effective if you have been lifting for over a couple years

Never mix squats with deadlift alphastrength is right, Just curious why don't u increase amount of training per muscle. Minimum of three movements per muscle. I find four to five to be most effective if you have been lifting for over a couple years

I've done it before. I just can't hit nearly as much volume if I DL after squats. Maybe a set of 5 just to hit the hamstrings and glutes a little harder.

Warrior

Nothing wrong with doing dead lifts and squats on the same day. There are a lot of variations of both squats and deads making it easy get both in. ATG squats and SLD are staples in my leg routines, works great for me.

Back