• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Past my Prime? Journal

IML Gear Cream!
I appreciate that even with the aches and pains you're keeping at it.

I didn't see it but are you on trt or using anything at all?

Thanks. Gotta keep moving forward, I'll just have to do it in areas I don't love to train for now, like core, ugh... no really it's all good. I need to improve my core strength anyway, this is a good time to focus in on it.

I am on HRT at 200mg Test C ew.. been on about a year now.. and I recently got some Rips, wish I could afford more or better GH, maybe later this year, anyway hitting that at 3.3 iu on training days.

No training Monday. Massage therapy yesterday, no training. Love massage therapy, I would go every week if I had the cash. She worked out a lot of knots yesterday. Shoulders, scap, traps, neck, and on the injured hammie, calves were a mess too. She agreed with my plan to drop all shoulder and chest movements until the pain goes away. Actually she told me that last time, but I didn't listen of course. Plan to go in and do legs tonight. See what I can do. It's been about 3 1/2 weeks now since the injury. Also I am starting my little recomp now since I'm all jacked up. Nothing major, just drop calories down a little, carbs down a little, mix in a little cardio.

I think for the next month or so I am not going to be sticking to any particular split or plan. I will keep just a basic upper body, then lower body see saw thing going. My exercises are going to be limited and I am just going to hit what I can and feel good with as I try to finish recovering from these little injuries. Lower body stuff last night, forgot to hit some calves though, I'll do some next time. Anyway couldn't get in the squat rack either, people in there the whole time, that sucked too! But.... did get some decent work in.

Lying Leg Curls - 3 sets both legs, 2 sets one leg - pyramid up
reps: 25,20,16, then 16,12

Leg Abduction Mach.
4 sets pyramid up in weight - reps: 25, 20, 20, 20

Leg Extensions - 3 sets both legs, 2 sets one leg - pyramid up
reps: 25,20,15, then 16,13

DB Bulgarian Split Squats
bw x 8
12s x 8
15s x 8
20s x 8

My Pseudo Rvs. Hypers on Bench with Exercise Ball
bw x 15
10lbs. strapped to ankles with a belt - 3 sets of 15 - this felt good, going to keep adding weight to this, I don't know how high I will be able to go with the belt rig up, we'll see. Hopefully no one is standing behind me when it gives way...

Hip Thrusts
bw x 8
135 x 8 x 3 sets - I am going to love this exercise when my hammie gets better and I can push it, my hams get really pumped just doing this much, I am really holding back as I don't want to bust up the healing process, the injured one feels as if it may cramp on me by about rep 7 each time

Pull Down Abs
3 sets of 25 - pyramid up in weight

So I started the calorie drop off a couple of days ago, no cardio yet. Macros yesterday: 3971 calories, 332 pro, 225 carbs, 204 fat. Weigh-in today: 206. Already down a few pounds.

Two thoughts.

Is your doc willing to script you nandralone? a dose between 100-150mg a week will make you feel brand new without the 19-nor side effects a large dose can cause.

Also, I have been using Doggcrapp training for a while and the joint issues I had with doing low rep high volume routines is gone. I progress every workout. It's a split workout with me hitting everything twice in 8 days. It's intense but the low volume with additional rest days really seems to be suited to me.

Just an idea.

Two thoughts.

Is your doc willing to script you nandralone? a dose between 100-150mg a week will make you feel brand new without the 19-nor side effects a large dose can cause.

Also, I have been using Doggcrapp training for a while and the joint issues I had with doing low rep high volume routines is gone. I progress every workout. It's a split workout with me hitting everything twice in 8 days. It's intense but the low volume with additional rest days really seems to be suited to me.

Just an idea.

I don't think my doc would prescribe it. But.... I did have a vial of it in the cabinet and ran it at 150mg a week until it was gone, didn't really get much relief from it. That was a couple months ago.

I'll look into the Doggcrapp, I have heard good things about it. Really I think I will be fine if I just give this some time to heal. I have not given my shoulder any kind of good recovery time since this flared up, it's been going on for months and the research I have been doing into it makes me believe I need a different approach for a while. Not by doing nothing but just doing the rehab stuff for a few weeks and then easing back in light and slowly working my way up as the collagen and soft tissue smoothes and reforms itself to become strong again. Continually wrecking the soft tissue formation before it can smooth into the way it should be formed is hopeless when tendonosis reaches this point. It's like a jumbled mess as it begins to heal and over time without overtaxing it but gradually increasing the load allows the body to overcome the damage to recovery deficit it has been losing to. You know some people just have better recovery genetics than others also. Thanks again for the suggestions.

I've been lucky so far. No major injuries to report as of yet. Just minor strains. I think you're right and need some time to recover. Good luck.

I've been lucky so far. No major injuries to report as of yet. Just minor strains. I think you're right and need some time to recover. Good luck.

Thanks. Good luck to you also. I have more issues than just these two things, lumbar disc problems and nerve damage in my right glute and quad, but I can't just sit around and bitch about them all the time. I just gotta do the best I can do, to be the best I can be with the situation I have. I have read about many people having bigger obstacles than I, and they accomplish incredible things, so I have to believe I can as well. And on that note, I gotta quit crying in my beer because for the last few days that is what I have been doing. Kinda down, not inspired, not doing much of my rehab exercises, not really cutting back my carbs, not focusing on burning fat during this little recomp. I know it's only been a couple days but it's time to get the shovel out and dig a little determination out. So your situation is kinda fucked up right now, well let's burn some fat off and heal up. Suck it up and get to work. I feel inspired at the moment, I hope I can carry this feeling with me moving forward, if your head's right, everything is right. My eating sucked parts of yesterday, had a business lunch and ate some stuff not spost to be on my menu, then last night cried my woes over some processed sugary cereal... lol.... and no training either...

Macros yesterday: 4277 calories, 297 pro, 339 carbs, 201 fat. Weigh-in today: 207.2.

Made it to the gym last night. Feel a little lost right now, I go in and just kinda feel my way along as to what I am gonna do. It is going to be awesome when I am healed up again. Worked some back, traps, abs, erectors, and a smidgen of guns.

Foam rolling, tennis ball work, tendonosis shoulder exercises

One Arm Seated Cable Rows
40 x 15
60 x 12
80 x 8 x 2 sets, drop on the last set to 60 for additional 8 reps

Smith Machine Dead Stop Bent Rows
95 x 12
135 x 10
185 x 8
225 x 8 x 2 sets - its amazing how much your whole body helps you do certain movements, you feel it much more when you have an injured area. Once I reached 225 I had a lot left in the tank on strength but I felt it in my hammie so much I didn't push it too hard

Seated DB Shrugs - superset with band traction stretches
55s x 15 x 4 sets

Cable Tricep Pronated Kickbacks superset with One Arm Cable Curls (No Attachment)
3 sets - pyramid up in weight

Hanging Leg Raises
4 sets of 8 - feet all the way up to bar

Back Extensions
bw x 15
20lbs. x 12 x 3 sets

15 min. Cardio

Macros yesterday: 3738 calories, 403 pro, 160 carbs, 170 fat. Weigh-in today: 207.2.

Nice little session today....got a lot of work in, super light still but the hammie is definitely coming along, just gotta stay patient. Still feels funny behind my knee when it gets stretched out, but I pushed the envelope some on lengthening it out on certain exercises today and it did fine so I was pretty happy. Eating has been on point also.

Leg Extensions
3 sets - pyramid up in weight - reps: 25, 20, 20

Seated Leg Curls
3 sets - pyramid up in weight - reps: 25, 20, 20

GHRs - don't have a machine but have improvised
3 sets of 5

Squats - Wide
bar x 10
95 x 10
115 x 10
135 x 10

Good Mornings - Close
bar x 10
95 x 10
115 x 10
135 x 10

Neck Extensions with Red Band
4 sets of 12

Hanging Leg Raises
4 sets of 8

Rvs. Hypers - don't have a machine but have improvised with a belt on my ankles to add a little weight
bw x 15
10 x 15
15 x 15 x 2 sets

Pull Down Abs
4 sets of 25 - pyramid up in weight

Pull Throughs
4 sets of 12 - pyramid up in weight

Leg Press Calf Presses
5 sets of 25 - pyramid up in weight

Hack Squat SLDL
3 sets of 10 with just the rack, really just getting a nice stretch on my Hams

15 min. Cardio

Macros yesterday: 3211 calories, 326 pro, 145 carbs, 156 fat. Weigh-in today: 205.8.

No training last night other than the usual nature trails with dog and some shoulder tendonosis recovery work. Cooked up a bunch of meals. Shoulder is feeling a little better, not a big improvement yet but some progress. Diet on point. Weight falling off the last few days, maybe too fast, prob mostly water since I have dropped carbs down. Plan to go to the gym tonight and hit some back, traps, arms, cardio. Macros yesterday: 3366 calories, 323 pro, 102 carbs, 193 fat. Weigh-in today: 202.4.

IML Gear Cream!
Workout last night went so-so. Right shoulder is still getting flared up some even without doing any chest or shoulders, I just hope my body is recovering at the correct rate to overcome this in the long run. It might have been the mix of exercises, not sure, but last night in the middle of the night it woke me up pulsating in my shoulder and bicep area. Then when I would move it, it would pop and crack like every time I moved it. Then this morning once I got up and started moving around it doesn't feel that bad at all. Little sore but nothing more than usual, who knows???? Really I need to go to an orthopedic doc and get it really looked at, MRI the whole deal but who has the cash for that, even with insurance I'll get bashed with a huge bill. I am just going to give it some more time and hope it heals up.

Tendonosis Rehab work supersetted throughout workout

Meadows Rows
2 sets warm up with bar
1-25 x 8
2-25s x 8
3-25s x 8
4-25s x 8 x 3 sets

Backward facing wide Pulldowns
4 sets pyramid up in weight - reps: 20, 15, 12, 12

Seated DB Shrugs
60s x 15 x 4 sets

V-Bar Pushdowns
4 sets, reps: 35, 25, 20, 16

Barbell Curls
3 sets of 10 - light and strict

Back Extensions
bw x 15
20 x 12 x 3 sets

Pull Down Abs
2 sets of 25 - machine got jacked while I was getting a drink

15 min. Cardio

Macros yesterday: 3875 calories, 364 pro, 163 carbs, 203 fat. Weigh-in today: 202.2.

Thanks for dropping in. Very cool all the stuff you did in your career. I just stay at it because I like it so much. I'll be glad when I get past these injuries. It sucks only being able to do certain body parts. Sometimes when you're hurt it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. One way or another I'll get past this and at least get back to lifting how I like to. Just gotta stay positive till then.

I have decided to drop all upper body moves for a couple weeks at least and see what happens. The workout from the other night flared things up again even though I did no chest or shoulders. I'll still do legs, and on upper body days just do the rehab moves, maybe some low back and abs, stretching and cardio. This has not been a good start to the year for me as far as the gym goes, but that is the ebb and flow of life sometimes. Macros yesterday: 3281 calories, 334 pro, 102 carbs, 178 fat. Weigh-in today: 202.2.

Little update. Today will be the third straight day with no training. I feel somewhat down. It's hard to get inspired to go to the gym when you can't do much. I am thankful for my health, many people have issues and can't train at all, so I am lucky. I think these days off are actually a good thing right now though. The shoulder is feeling less painful, hammie about the same. But sometimes you just need to let off the accelerator. I would say my body is showing me it's time. I plan to go back tomorrow and resume. The main point is I need to get healed up to get back to training full throttle. If that means spurts of days off, close to no weights for a while, whatever, I gotta do it. Macros yesterday: 3352 calories, 271 pro, 147 carbs, 169 fat. Weigh-in today: 202.8.

Did some legs today. Felt good to get back in the gym even if it is limited. Did a lot of blabbing too, which normally I hate, but the guy I was talking to today was a former competitive powerlifter, now MMA fighter. He has a lot of training knowledge and lately has been dispersing some my way, especially today. The guy benched 550 raw years ago, and is still strong as hell, he knows a thing or two to say the least. I gave him some spots today and he gave me some pointers on getting stronger. Mostly mindset kinda stuff, approaches to training, and training intensity.

Leg Extensions
4 sets, reps: 20,15,15,15

Lying Leg Curls
4 sets, reps: 20,20,20,20

Squats - Semi Wide
bar x 10
95 x 10
115 x 10
135 x 10
155 x 10
175 x 10

Good Mornings - Shoulder width
bar x 10
95 x 8
115 x 8
135 x 8 x 2 sets

Hanging Leg Raises
4 sets of 8

GHRs
4 sets of 5

Pull Down Abs
3 sets of 25

Leg Press Calf
3 sets of 25

Romanian Deadlifts
4 sets of 10 with 135

First time I have done any dead lift movement since the tear. 5 weeks today since it happened. It felt fine really. Felt like I could have went more weight but decided to just stop while I was ahead. I'll keep easing my way up. Baby steps. Massage therapy tomorrow. Then no upper body session on Tuesday, that should be interesting. Probably just shoulder rehab movements, foam rolling, stretching, and cardio. Macros yesterday: 3353 calories, 264 pro, 255 carbs, 136 fat. Weigh-in today: 202.8.

Gym last night consisted of rehabilitation for tendonosis of the shoulders, a little abs, a little low back, and cardio:

Pendulum Swings - 2 rotations, 2 swinging directions
3 sets with 15lb. DB

Shoulder Dislocates with Red Band
3 sets of 10

Lying Flat Thumbs up Raises in 4 clock positions
10 sec. hold at each spot, 3 times through - 2 sets

Various Stretches with light short straight bar
2 sets at 5 different stretches

Rigged up Reverse Hyper on Exercise Ball on Flat Bench weights tied on ankles with a belt
bw x 15
10 x 15
20 x 15 x 3 sets

Hanging Leg Raises
4 sets of 8

30 min. Cardio

Macros yesterday: 3142 calories, 302 pro, 183 carbs, 139 fat. Weigh-in today: 202.4. Starting to get really hungry before each meal, hell I just ate a meal and feel hungry. I guess I am starting to get my metab revved up a bit.

No training last night. Did 25 min. fasted cardio this morning. Macros yesterday: 2866 calories, 271 pro, 132 carbs, 139 fat. Weigh-in today: 202.4. Some legs tonight. Feel a little tired this morning. Woke up at 3:30 couldn't go back to sleep, decided to do some cardio, I think I might do this till the end of my little recomp. Only about 10 days left, I can grind for that long. My weight has ceased to drop even though I have been toning back the calories, gotta get the ball rolling again somehow.

30 min. fasted cardio this morning. Some legs last night. Hammie still feels weird but am continuing to increase the weight little by little. Had a pretty good pump going in last night's routine. Could feel the slight bit of fatigue from morning cardio/less sleep/lowered calories.

Leg Extensions
3 sets - pyramid up - 20,20,20

Seated Leg Curls
3 sets - pyramid up - 20,20,20

Squats
bar x 10
95 x 10
135 x 8
160 x 8
185 x 8 x 2 sets

Romanian DLs
135 x 8
155 x 8
175 x 8 x 2 sets

Smith Machine Split Squats
95 x 10 each leg
115 x 10 each leg x 2 sets

GHRs
3 sets of 4 - little bit of calf cramping

Seated Calf
4 sets of 25 with 70lbs.

Back Extensions
bw x 15
25 x 12 x 3 sets

Pull Down Abs superset with Neck Extensions with red band and head apparatus
4 sets of 25 on PDA, 4 sets of 12 on NE

Workout felt good, I am actually sore this morning. Hopefully no setbacks and I can get somewhere near to normal in say a month or so. For legs anyway. The shoulder thing, that might take longer just have to see.

Hit the gym again last night. Just did a bunch of rehab stuff for my shoulders. Some stretching. A few feeder sets for my legs. Some abs. And another 30 min. of Cardio. Taking today off and getting some stuff done at home and a bunch of errands I been neglecting. Macros yesterday: 3325 calories, 369 pro, 155 carbs, 133 fat. Weigh-in today: 202.4.

35 min. fasted cardio this morning. Legs later today. My weight actually jumped up some despite being lower calories. I must have been low on glycogen because I did go higher carbs yesterday. Had lunch with family and friends at Olive Garden. Smoked Mozarella Chicken, salad, 2.5 breadsticks, pretty tasty! Besides that just 3 small meals. I am going to lower carbs and calories just a bit more this week starting today. Macros yesterday: 3165 calories, 227 pro, 288 carbs, 122 fat. Weigh-in today: 204.8.

IML Gear Cream!
Just a side note. Saturdays I always have a cheat meal. This is the day I spend time with the family usually too. I don't often train on Saturdays. Otherwise I eat a pretty clean diet year round except for holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving. I'll post a day's food here and there.

35 min. fasted cardio this morning. At the gym last night did some legs, low back, cardio. 6 weeks since hamstring injury.

Leb Abductor, Adductor Machine
3 sets of 20 each way - pyramid up

Leg Extensions
3 sets of 20 - pyramid up

Lying Leg Curls
3 sets of 20 - pyramid up

Good Mornings
bar x 12
95 x 12
135 x 8
155 x 8
175 x 6
185 x 6 x 2 sets

Hack Squat SLDL
empty x 12
35 x 12
70 x 12 x 2 sets

DB Bulgarian Split Squats
10s x 8 each leg
15s x 8 each leg
20s x 8 each leg

Reverse Hypers on Flat Bench on Exercise Ball
bw x 15
15 x 15
25 x 12
25 x 15

30 min. Cardio

Macros yesterday: 2415 calories, 268 pro, 103 carbs, 106 fat. Weigh-in today: 203.6.

35 min. fasted cardio this morning. No training last night. Cookathon, put a bunch of meals together. Feeling a little run down, slight cold last 3 days, hope it passes quick. About a week ago I switched GH dose to just a steady 2iu ed, still just HRT dose on the steroid side of things. Stress at work has been paramount here lately, megabusy. Upper body rehab, abs, cardio tonight. Macros yesterday: 2761 calories, 319 pro, 110 carbs, 117 fat. Weigh-in today: 203.

36 min. fasted cardio this morning. Did an upper body rehab session at the gym last night. Shoulder is coming along, starting to feel pretty good, just a little bit of pain in there now, nothing like before. I am just going to try and be patient and let it heal up real good before I return to upper body work. I can see a bit of atrophy in my upper body already which makes it even harder to stay patient, but I want it healed up close to 100% so I just have to sacrifice for now.

Pendulum Swings - 4 swinging directions
3 sets with 15lb. DB

Lying Flat Thumbs up Raises in 4 clock positions
10 sec. hold at each spot, 1 set free, 2 sets with 2.5 lb. plate

Various Stretches with light short straight bar
3 sets at 3 different stretches

DB Rotator Cuff Exercises
3 sets of 12 with 10lb. DB

Hanging Leg Raises
4 sets of 8

Pull Down Abs
4 sets of 25 up to 120 lbs.

Some really light Cable Bis and Tris with Rope
3 sets of 30 each

30 min. Cardio

Macros yesterday: 2816 calories, 322 pro, 110 carbs, 118 fat. Weigh-in today: 203.2.

35 min. fasted cardio this morning. Decent leg workout last night. Pushed the hammie some, hopefully not too much. Am sore this morning. Did three exercises with a guy I see at the gym a lot. Uses good form and stuff so it was cool. Legs are somewhat fatigued from the introduction of lots of cardio lately.

Seated Leg Curls
2 sets - pyramid up - 25,20, machine jacked moved on

Leg Extensions
2 sets - pyramid up - 20,20, figured hell keep things even

Squats - damn near pause reps in the hole I was doing them very slowly and controlled
bar x 10
135 x 8
185 x 8
185 x 8
205 x 8
225 x 8

Romanian DLs
135 x 10
165 x 8
185 x 8 x 2 sets

GHRs
3 sets of 4

Back Extensions superset with Org. Band Good Mornings
bw x 15 - 10 reps MGs
20lb. med ball x 12 - 10 reps MGs
35lb. plate x 10 - 10 reps GMs

20 min. Cardio

At the end I could tell I pushed my hammie some, but all seems well this morning. I think I will stay at these weights next time, just try for more reps or sets with the top end weights as long as everything feels good. Sticking the diet good but not really losing weight, maybe that's a good thing. I am down about 1000 calories from what I was previously eating just weeks ago. Macros yesterday: 2744 calories, 330 pro, 107 carbs, 111 fat. Weigh-in today: 203.2.

I'm too lazy to write out my diet. It changes a little here and there but mostly I eat a lot of the same foods each day. One cheat meal per week, usually on Saturday. So here is a picture from MFP of yesterdays activities:

Printable-Nutrition-Report-for-Crawfbigg-1_zps05c78170.jpg

No cardio this morning or training last night. I have to do some minor blood work for my insurance through my job this morning, in fact here in about 20 minutes. I am fasted and hungry! It's cool though my company brings them in house and we get to do it during our working hours. Probably go in and do another upper body rehab, abs, cardio session tonight. Shoulder is feeling pretty good but I am holding out until I see my chiropractor next week and see what he thinks about returning to some super light training. Feel like I'm wasting away. Macros yesterday: 2509 calories, 286 pro, 75 carbs, 111 fat. Weigh-in today: 203.2.

Just got back from the screening. My numbers this morning:

BP: 110/76 - Normal

BMI: 30.9 - Obese, lol..

Tot. Chol.: 230 - Borderline High

HDL: 54 - Normal

Triglycerides: Less than 45 - Awesome!

LDL: she couldn't even get a reading on this - she said my triglycerides were so low may be why, so... Awesome!

Glucose: 85 - Normal

These numbers are better than last year so I am feeling pretty good about my diet. My Total Chol. has always been kinda high, I'm not really sweating that one.

Getting ready to go do a little cardio this morning, see how much time I have, shoot for 30min. Did the upper body rehab, abs, cardio last night. The usual protocol I've been doing and 30 min. cardio at the end. Can't recite my macros this morning exactly, MFP is down right now. It was roughly 2800 calories, 275 pro, 100 carbs, 140 fat. Weigh-in today: 202.6.

I start a new job today. I still have my old one, but I have joined up with the gym I do a website for to work weekends there also. A little extra spending money. I'll be working 7 days a week but the hours are light, and really it's fine with me, I like work. So this should be fun. See a lot of faces I haven't seen in a while. I used to work out there a couple years ago. Have a great Saturday people!

Just getting the ball rolling this morning. First cup of coffee and I don't know how I am going to handle today. New weekend routine now. Got my first day in the books at the gym as an employee, the manager trained me all day basically, today it's all mine. A lot more little duties than I thought, but it's all good. I am happy about getting the extra work and being in a gym is always a good thing to me. They just feel like home, always have. So I am supposed to do legs today. My low back is still kinda sore from last time, don't know what happened exactly but it got a little tweak in it somewhere along the line. Anyway I think I will take it easy today on the weights. No need making more injuries, I have plenty already. Well time to make some breakfast and head out of here and get started, I have a ton of stuff to get done today, and it ain't happening sitting here.

35 min. fasted cardio this morning. I did not end up working out yesterday. Completed my first day on my own at the gym. It went pretty smooth, a lot of stuff to get used to but it will come quick I think. It was kinda fun, it will get more fun as I settle in. Cooked up a bunch of food yesterday after going to the grocery. Did not have much of an appetite. I had lunch Saturday at a Mexican place. Something I ate did not agree with me. I woke up in the middle of the night with watery No. 2s and some crazy noises coming from my intestinal area. I think it all has passed now, I feel pretty good today. Will get my ass in the gym tonight. Back still a little sore but I'll manage to get some work in. Macros yesterday: 2361 calories, 258 pro, 104 carbs, 95 fat. Weigh-in today: 201.

Back