• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Paleo-style eating: first impressions

IML Gear Cream!
I don't even bother with chinese now. I can definitely feel it. Heart pounding and not even remotely filling. Pass.

Are your shits massive yet, Capt'n? :)

What do you mean clean out? Squirts?

Damn, you must have had some bad gut bugs if you got the squirts from RS. When I started Paleo I had diarrhea off and on for almost 6 weeks. Prior to that I only experienced diarrhea after drinking beer, particularly wheat beers, now I have no problem on that front ever.

Damn, you must have had some bad gut bugs if you got the squirts from RS. When I started Paleo I had diarrhea off and on for almost 6 weeks. Prior to that I only experienced diarrhea after drinking beer, particularly wheat beers, now I have no problem on that front ever.

Well I am running proviron and I understand oral steroids effect gut health, I thought as it is not methylated it wouldn't be so harsh.

In saying that, I eat fermented foods and take probiotics. Have been for 6 months. Thoughts?

Keep it up. Probiotic foods are probably your best bet as they are the beneficial bacteria packaged with their food source.

Keep it up. Probiotic foods are probably your best bet as they are the beneficial bacteria packaged with their food source.
Glad you're behind it too. I just got on to fermented food from Fallon's book, Nourishing Traditions. Also bone broth soup. I saw Paul Chek's lecture, bought his book... learned about gut health and parasites... and then I learned the majority of our immune system is in the gut. So damn much to learn - it never stops.

IML Gear Cream!
LINK The risk of lead contamination in bone broth diets. 2013 study
The preparation and consumption of bone broth is being increasingly recommended to patients, for example as part of the gut and psychology syndrome (GAPS) diet for autism, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia, dyspraxia, depression and schizophrenia, and as part of the paleolithic diet. However, bones are known to sequester the heavy metal lead, contamination with which is widespread throughout the modern environment. Such sequestered lead can then be mobilised from the bones. We therefore hypothesised that bone broth might carry a risk of being contaminated with lead. A small, blinded, controlled study of lead concentrations in three different types of organic chicken broth showed that such broths do indeed contain several times the lead concentration of the water with which the broth is made. In particular, broth made from skin and cartilage taken off the bone once the chicken had been cooked with the bones in situ, and chicken-bone broth, were both found to have markedly high lead concentrations, of 9.5 and 7.01 μg L(-1), respectively (compared with a control value for tap water treated in the same way of 0.89 μg L(-1)). In view of the dangers of lead consumption to the human body, we recommend that doctors and nutritionists take the risk of lead contamination into consideration when advising patients about bone broth diets.

Tough as hell for me to keep strength up on a paleo diet.

I just started back on sugar free yoghurt or Kefir.

Is one of these small "cups" from the grocery sore per day enough?

I'd say that one enough is pretty good. Kefir is better than, say, Greek yogurt. Also Kombucha is a great way to get probiotics and keep the gut biome healthy.

Add in other fermented food like sauerkraut

I'd say that one enough is pretty good. Kefir is better than, say, Greek yogurt. Also Kombucha is a great way to get probiotics and keep the gut biome healthy.

Cheers Big Wave,

One more question.

I always avoid sugar.

Some yoghurt has the sugar in it. Sugar negates the probiotic benefits correct?

Cap'tn, thanks for your response also.

You want to eat a variety of fermented foods to promote a diverse microbiome. The current thinking is that soil-based probiotics are likely the way to go here. That would mean stuff like sauerkraut is better than yogurt. Kefir is definitely better than yogurt if you're going the dairy route. For dairy, raw, grass-fed organic is the gold standard but very difficult to find. I drink kombucha, eat suaerkraut and relish, and take Prescript assist which is a soil based probiotic. I have access to Raw Organic grass-fed kefir but have shied away from it, but that may change,

Prescript assist is highly recommended ... I'm also seeing the benefits of unmodified potato starch

You want to eat a variety of fermented foods to promote a diverse microbiome. The current thinking is that soil-based probiotics are likely the way to go here. That would mean stuff like sauerkraut is better than yogurt. Kefir is definitely better than yogurt if you're going the dairy route. For dairy, raw, grass-fed organic is the gold standard but very difficult to find. I drink kombucha, eat suaerkraut and relish, and take Prescript assist which is a soil based probiotic. I have access to Raw Organic grass-fed kefir but have shied away from it, but that may change,

Thanks, Dale.

Kefir is common where I am at in Vietnam.

As for sauerkraut, just buy it in a jar. It's a sauce / relish right? Shit I cannot even remember and I've eaten it.

So, buy sauerkraut in a jar and put it on some food that goes well with it?

Good?

Thanks, Dale.

Kefir is common where I am at in Vietnam.

As for sauerkraut, just buy it in a jar. It's a sauce / relish right? Shit I cannot even remember and I've eaten it.

So, buy sauerkraut in a jar and put it on some food that goes well with it?

Good?

I am sure in Vietnam they'll have their own version of pickled cabbage or other pickled vegetables. Koreans have kimchi which is the same thing.

I am sure in Vietnam they'll have their own version of pickled cabbage or other pickled vegetables. Koreans have kimchi which is the same thing.

Yeah, I presume they have this. I am eating 1 cup of yoghurt per day at the moment.

Are potatoes and rice paleo?

If you want to be anal about it, no but they are a clean source of carbs. Definitely acceptable under the adapted Paleo banner.

Are potatoes and rice paleo?

Peel regular potatoes and opt for white rice. Whether they are Paleo or not is irrelevant, they are healthy starch sources that lack the negative aspects of things like bread, etc.

I have a cup of Kefir everday in the morning (no sugar of course).

I have a cup of Kefir everday in the morning (no sugar of course).

I love kefir, I can get raw organic from grassfed cows in PA, which from what I understand is illegal.

Back