• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

diabetic from insulin use?

TheHardOne

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Can you become a diabetic from insulin use? If so....how? How would using insulin create insulin resistance?

Yes, it can contribute. Anything that causes insulin resistance can contribute. the more insulin you use and the more frequently you use it, the quicker and more dramatically insulin resistance will build. there are some guys using over 250 IU daily, plus whatever their own body produces.

You see, with insulin, its effectiveness is not determined by dose, but rather, by your body's ability to use insulin. For example, if after 2 years of use you require less carbs at 50 IU than you did at 20 IU when you first started using insulin, then you are actually getting less benefit from the 50 IU than you were getting from 20 IU in the beginning. Obviously, if your blood sugar is going down less at 50 IU than it used to at 20 IU, then your body requires much more insulin to transport an equal amount of nutrients, which means it is now less effective per IU. The greater your insulin sensitivity, the more benefit you will get from a smaller amount, which means better metabolic health and ultimately, better results.

Mike...excellent answer for OP. Hope he takes it to heart.

Resistance and tolerance build up just as it would with any other drug.
Do not use insulin or any other drug unless you've done your research and are damn sure you know what you're doing.
The fact that you asked this question tells me you're years away from adding insulin to a cycle.

Keep up the research. Ask the questions. It's why this board is here.

Yes, it can contribute. Anything that causes insulin resistance can contribute. the more insulin you use and the more frequently you use it, the quicker and more dramatically insulin resistance will build. there are some guys using over 250 IU daily, plus whatever their own body produces.

You see, with insulin, its effectiveness is not determined by dose, but rather, by your body's ability to use insulin. For example, if after 2 years of use you require less carbs at 50 IU than you did at 20 IU when you first started using insulin, then you are actually getting less benefit from the 50 IU than you were getting from 20 IU in the beginning. Obviously, if your blood sugar is going down less at 50 IU than it used to at 20 IU, then your body requires much more insulin to transport an equal amount of nutrients, which means it is now less effective per IU. The greater your insulin sensitivity, the more benefit you will get from a smaller amount, which means better metabolic health and ultimately, better results.

Great post Mike! thank you!

Jesus 250iu are actually used in today's bodybuilding circle? DAMN.

What if one were to use no more than 30iu daily everyday but staying on top of nutrition + supplement regimine to enhance insulin sensitivity + intense exercise resistance and cardio wise?

Mike...excellent answer for OP. Hope he takes it to heart.

Resistance and tolerance build up just as it would with any other drug.
Do not use insulin or any other drug unless you've done your research and are damn sure you know what you're doing.
The fact that you asked this question tells me you're years away from adding insulin to a cycle.

Keep up the research. Ask the questions. It's why this board is here.

I hope everyone takes that post to heart! Typical gym rats all over the world now have the more is better mindset without thinking, waiting patiently years, doing research, and I feel if your damn serious about your goals, HIRE a god...like Mike Arnold! :)

Ok insulin is provided in 2 ways:
1.It maintains a level blood glucose
2.It lowers sugars after a high carb meal.
Now, since the body needs to maintain a level blood glucose that bolus type of insulin release which is very small will always happen.
The second, if you dont eat carbs insulin is not released besides the maintenance.
With that being said, just because you dont eat carbs for a year doesnt mean your pancreas is shut down, if there isnt a need for insulin besides maintenance then the pancreas just doesnt make it.
Doing a cycle of insulin at 30iu a day very rare has any effects on the pancreas. So you will not became diabetic as a result. I dont even think even if you completetly as a healty individual, use insulin to cover all your meals will shut down or damange the pancreas.
However, once the beta cells are damaged then you are going to become. diabetic. Those cells if you are pre-dispose to becoming diabetic by having impaired beta cells then with lots of carbs over many years will eventually exhust those beta cells from making insulin.
There is way more to this explanation, including the liver, igf, glucagon players that are also invloved in this process, but for the sake of keeping it simple I ommited them.

Last edited:
As far as insulin resistance goes this is what happens. By eating carbs in quantities perhaps beyond what your body may need it provides a dilema to the body. Blood sugar needs to be around 100 fasted regardless. So in an attempt to lower the blood sugars the pancreas will release insulin. There are 2 ways of dealing with the glucose:
1. One is for cells to use it.
2. Be stored as fat.
Both scenarios require...you guessed it..insulin. So the pancreas make insulin which will knock on the cells receptors called (glut 4 i believe?!) to receive more glucose. However, through time and abuse of carbs these cells are less responsive to insulin, mostly because your body just doesnt need all that sugar..hence insulin resistance. The good thing is that insulin resisitance is the body's mechanism to avoid cell damage and can be reversible.
Then the glucose is redirected to fat storage. But even though fat storage is unlimitless, after a while even that can cause its own problems.
I always cringe when ppl throw around insane carb numbers that they say they are consuming. If muscle needs it for a limited period of time maybe, a gamble some are willling to take but long term I'll stick to 150-300g of carbs daily healthwise from natural sources not refined sugars. but that's just me

Last edited:
Can you become a diabetic from insulin use? If so....how? How would using insulin create insulin resistance?
To answer your question, YES!
either A) your body rejects the insulin which in my case I can use anything but levemir that shit fucked my up after the first shot
or B) your insulin went bad which happens frequently, either heat exposure ( on several occasions I left it in my car and it ended up being a really hot day and it just kills it), storage, bad batch, or expired. some have a short shelf life and using it after it expires is a fast way to resistance. And several times I pick up some fresh insulin from CVS and after a few days notice my energy level drop I take it back and they quickly swap it out for a new batch.
You would need to run it a long time before your body starts to react poorly if its bad/ expired, unless your body flat rejects it.

I would be more concerned about your blood sugar level droping too low than anything else, that could kill you in minutes, all that other shit can take months

Back