• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Post-Workout Drink

oaktownboy

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was wondering what everyone has right after their workout before they got home and EAT! I've been using Myoplex Mass lately, but it's too expensive for me to keep buying.

I have a SHAKE with whey and Optimum's Glycoload for carbs. Then I go to bed. Sometimes I use a protein blend.

I have 2 scoops Muscle Provider along with 10 Mass Amino's. If I am on a lean gain diet I alternate between 3 scoops Mass Maker BY Beverly or the MP with 1/2 cup oatmeal.

Whey is critical. What else you consume depends on a number of different factors.

As with most things, there is no one size fits all. Anyone who tells you differently is either a fool, or a naive, or both.

Twin peak i was tossing around that instead of having all those 40 protein/80 grams of carbs in simple form post workout. Would you think it be better to eat like say 40 grams protein/40 carbs wait an hour and then take in another 100 grams of complex carb with about 50-60 protein, and lower fat ? I was reading and toying with the idea od just eating a small meal of 25 grams protein 25 grams simple carbs waiting and hour and then consuming a boat losd of good carbs with about 50 grams of lean protein with about 1000 mgs ALA ? What are your thoughts. I coming to the concusion that the rate of absorption doesn;t realy have that much impact on muscle building effect, just as long as they do get replenished (your glycogen storage)

Well, I still can't answer that depending on, at least, your goals, and your phenotype.

You seem to be an endo or a meso, or a combination of the two. That said, if I am correct, I'd eat about 50/50 if cutting and 50/100 when bulking, if I were you, then follow it up with the meal you suggested.

I do think immediate consumption is important, because glycogen stores are depleted, protein synthesis is up, and lifting has primed your body for nutrient partitioning.

So for someone your size, I think 25/25 is inadequate. I think your ideas on the next meal are excellent though.

Also, btw, my answer assumes you are getting adequate pre and/or during training nutrition.

preworkout is 30 grams protein to 30 simple carbs NO ALA about 15 minutes before the gym. I'm an ecto /meso by the way. Hard gainer but all quality. so here is another point woudl you not take ALA with post workout meal and same it for your 2nd becuse you want that inuslin to spike on a gaining phase and then take about 750 mgs ALA with your 2 nd post workout meal instead or take it with both be even better

ALA is great for endos and mesos, pre and post w/o.

would that ALA cause you to crash during your workout ?

It hasn't for me, try it and see.

IML Gear Cream!
I've been taking r-ala for a month now and haven't had any problems during workouts... expect wanting to puke on occasion :grin:

what brand do you guys use?

Just thought I'd throw in another alternative post protein drink.I use Optimum Whey,Defatted Milk protein,Skim milk,Brewers yeast,Lecithin and additional Glutamine.Don't put off protein loading,but of course quick absorbtion is essential after a lift.

whey

for whey i use VP2 by AST

Hey Brennan,I know we need to push ourselves sometimes pretty hard but if your completely burned maybe it's time to back off and get some R&R ie.Food-Sleep.If your motivated and have goals it shouldn't be too tough to keep it up.Remember your creatine and vits.Cheers!

thanks kd...im not burnt out tho..lol...thats just an eminem quote...weeeee

i notice a lot of people have been saying VP2 Where is it the cheapest on the internet?

damn that's cheap how long does it take to get to ur door on average?

Originally posted by RCfootball87
Optimum Nutrition Creatine powder in 100% welch's grape juice, followed immediately by pro-rated whey protein.:thumb:

Does the welch's grape juice replenish the carbs and sugar needed to drive the creatine into the muscles?

sort of yeah the main thing it does is help create an insulin spike which is good for post workout

Back