• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

pro bodybuilders and gut

hustler11

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was perusing some mr. olympia contest pics on the net and a lot of the guys look like they have a gut, even though they have a six pack?? kinda like their abs are on top of their gut

HGH abuse which enlarges internal organs by increased cell count. When you are born, in "theory" you will have the same number of muscle cells as by the time you die. HGH changes this, allowing for more new cells to become manufactured in the muscle.

Since Ronnie Coleman has been winning so many times, I guess the markdown isn't work much or the judges "didn't notice."

gh is not the main contributing factor its the insulin and IGF-1 they are taking plus eating too many caloires in off season .

I have heard if blamed on slin before but I see no reason to believe it. Unsulin is not selective in where it shuttles anything.

Originally posted by hardasnails1973
..plus eating too many caloires in off season .

interesting, so are you implying that the pro bodybuilders of the 70's and 80's did not go thru off season bulks? why didn't they have a GH gut?

no gut on Lee Haney! :p

How about Lee Priest! He is infamous for getting Santa-like in the offseason.

attachment.php

WOW! That's the same guy??? :eek:

Lee Priest is the man!!:thumb:

*In his best Tommy O'flarity voice*(spelling?)

Hmmmmmmm. Santa like? Yeah! That's it! I'm just Santa-like! ....Because.....I'm in my Off season.....Yeah, that's the ticket!:D

Thanks for the adjective, Mudge.:thumb:

:lol: who here has no "on season?"

Why would anyone want to use performance enhancement drugs?

The addiction to wanting to be even "greater." Is it really that hard to understand?

Think of it like a rally racer, Collin McRae, who was willing to have a finger amputated if needed to be able to make it to the next race. Instead he was able to race with a broken hand.

Performance in the hobby/job becomes an addiction for some.

No, but its in the picture forum, so I suppose you have to be an elite IM member to view it. I can email it to you if you like, shoot me a PM or post here.

Originally posted by rburton
Why would anyone want to use performance enhancement drugs?

Well, I would say about 90% of all NFL football players for one! :)

About 100% of all IFBB pro bodybuilders for two.

Probably around 70% of all Olympic athletes for three.

Is that enough?

IF I were a pro athlete I would use drugs as well. Hell I am not a pro athlete and I use things like 1-test and 4-ad, not to mention a cupboard full of many other OTC supplements.

Why? I guess it's just an inherent desire to be better. You get to ap point where you feel at a plateu, stagnated, and you want to go further, whether it be bodybuilding, powerlifting, football, or any other sport.

Used correctly is there really that much harm? I think not. There is much more harm in smoking, drinking alcohol, eating at fast food restaurants every day for lunch, all of which I do not partake in. Well, I do drink a beer once in awhille. :)

Originally posted by Prince
Well, I would say about 90% of all NFL football players for one! :)
This varies by position though. Like maybe 40% for quarterbacks. 85% of linebackers. 65% of receivers and DB, 70% RB's, and about 99.9% of all lineman. But Im' just guessing, although studies say that more lineman use than punters obviously!:) But speaking from the point of a linebacker, if I thought I had a real chance of playing pro ball I'd definetly take steroids. And since all these players are probaly taking them and only a small fraction ever fail drug tests, it's obvious the NFL doesn't care as much as they say they do.

IML Gear Cream!
225 pound quarterbacks probably dont need it yeah :lol:

I could believe that some of them were not in need of assistance, but even if going for speed the use of drugs is going to be a big attraction, ala Ben Johnson.

Conspiracy!

Mudge, in the fat Lee Priest picture he has a tatoo on his left shoulder, but where is it in the competition picture? The one on his right shoulder is clearly visible in the pic, but if you take a closer look you can see what looks to be another on his left shoulder.

That must be old, he has had a Superman tattoo for a long time. As beefy as he is now I dont doubt that competition photo is old at all.

Originally posted by Mudge
That must be old, he has had a Superman tattoo for a long time. As beefy as he is now I dont doubt that competition photo is old at all.
Well that explains it then.

Going back to the drugs in the NFL, just because a quarterback or a punter is not big does not mean they do not use anabolics.

How often does a quarterback get injured, yet somehow they always end up playing next weeks game? Hmmmm...steroids increase recovery time, correct? Trust me, at some point in time every position uses steroids in the NFL.

Dont disagree there, looking at most of the baseball players I wouldn't really guess they were using, but alot are (according to inside rumor). I think its a shame that the public is so in the dark on the facts not only on use but dangers, unfortunately getting press on it usually means someone is going to jail (Canseco, etc)

Originally posted by Mudge

Sometimes too when these guys are tanned up and oiled it actually masks their tats...Dorian Yates's tattoo all but disappeared on stage, but it was very distinctive.

Back