• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Too fit for Planet Fitness?

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Normally, I defend Planet Fitness, but this is total bullshit.

Too fit for Planet Fitness? Woman says staff said her 'toned body' intimidated others

By John Mariani

A California woman quit Planet Fitness 15 minutes into her first workout after staff members told her that her that her "toned body" was intimidating other members and to cover up her midriff-revealing outfit.

tiffany-austin.png

Tiffany Austin displays the outfit she was asked to cover up by a Planet Fitness staff member in Richmond, Calif.

Tiffany Austin told KTVU.com that she joined the gym Monday in the Oakland suburb of Richmond, Calif., to get back into shape after a car accident.

Wearing a pink halter top and capri pants, she hopped onto a treadmill. She soon noticed other members staring at her, she said. Then a staff member approached and, according to Austin, told her:

"Excuse me we've had some complaints you're intimidating people with your toned body. So can you put on a shirt?"

She agreed to put on a Planet Fitness T-shirt, but while waiting for the first staff member to bring it, another staffer approached to talk to her about her body.

Fed up and feeling harassed and intimidated herself, Austin said she sought the manager, asked for her money back and left.

Planet Fitness advertises a "Judgement Free Zone" philosophy which, according to its website, "means members can relax, get in shape, and have fun without being subjected to the hard-core, look-at-me attitude that exists in too many gyms." It discourages obnoxious gym behavior such as loud weight-dropping by sounding a "lunk alarm." Its gyms offer few frills but memberships cost as little as $10 a month. Five million people have joined its gyms in every state except Montana, Wyoming and Hawaii.

The dress code at its gyms are at the discretion of the manager and staff, Planet Fitness spokesperson Mcall Gosselin told KTVU. But it would not conform with company policy if Richmond staff criticized Austin for being toned and fit, Gosselin said.

Derek Van Reheenen, director of the Athletic Studies Center at the nearby University of California at Berkeley, said he thought that, generally, "what Planet Fitness is doing is a positive thing."

"They obviously need to iron out some of these issues," Van Reheenen told KTVU. "But sport in the U.S. is by nature is discriminatory, too. It is selective and it is elite."

Planet Fitness' policies have come into question in other incidents.

In a lawsuit filed recently in New Mexico, Tarainia McDaniel says she was barred from entering an Albuquerque-area Planet Fitness while wearing a head scarf essential to her Muslim faith, ABQJournal.com reported Thursday. The gym's lawyer said the head covering violated its dress code and that staff members didn't know it was for religious purposes.

In 2006, Yahoo.com noted, Albert Argibay was removed by police from a Planet Fitness in Wappingers Falls for breaking the gym's rule against grunting.

Argibay told The New York Times he had 500 pounds of weights on his shoulders and was breathing heavily. The gym's manager said Argibay was expelled because he became abusive when she confronted him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwTyKrmUuaM

Do you think Austin should have been ordered to cover up?

From http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....f_said_her_toned_body_intimidated_others.html

wow, good thing planet fitness members dont frequent AG, they would get smashed over their BF% and pizza binging

had nothing to do with her being black?

on a side note, id lick it, hit it and love every minute of it, nothing like a fine sister....fuck all the rednecks in the ear.....

AG worthy, I think not. A 1 man crusade to save the shithole, fuckin classic.....:coffee:

Perhaps you missed my male strippers articles reddog

can you imagine how this would play out if at a bit more hard core gym a very skinny person or overweight person was asked to leave because of their body type. there would be all kinds of hell to pay I'm sure.

I saw nothing wrong with her or her clothes, as a matter of fact she seemed non confrontational and polite, feels like there maybe more to the story

More to the story? It's Planet Fitness, home of the Lunk Alarm and free Pizza. Planet Gheyness pulls all sorts of strange shit.

IML Gear Cream!
Planet Fatness amazes me.....maybe tell her to put a shirt on to cover her ice cream pouch and close pin tits....

Curt how have you managed not to get thrown out of PF??...your practically Mr O compared to that clientile...

It's the attitude of America, it's ok to be a fat fucking degenerate waste of space slob. Here, while your at it, a slice of pizza so your ass can get bigger. This is why I go to a private gym where we are as loud as we like and if we take shirts off, no one blinks. PS, I would hit that too.

It's the attitude of America, it's ok to be a fat fucking degenerate waste of space slob. Here, while your at it, a slice of pizza so your ass can get bigger.

So true. How often do you hear people and groups saying "She's too thin! Girls shouldn't be that thin! Waaaah, my fat vagina!"? How often do you hear, "She's too fat?" The country is obese and feeling jealous of those that aren't.

Buncha fucking losers.

So let me get this straight if some one starts out fat, works out at PF and then gets hawt as fook, they now have to find a different gym cause they intimidate fattys?

Last edited:

Should be called Planet Fatness

So let me get this straight if some one starts out fat, works out at PF and then gets hawt as fook, they now have to find a different gym cause they intimidate fattys?

The whole idea is you will never get fit there, they hand out pizza for god's sake and make it ok to be a fat slob!!! Nothing will motivate the people that go there to actually get in shape.

It's the attitude of America, it's ok to be a fat fucking degenerate waste of space slob.

I agree 100%.

Who the hell defends planet fitness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planet Fatness amazes me.....maybe tell her to put a shirt on to cover her ice cream pouch and close pin tits....

Curt how have you managed not to get thrown out of PF??...your practically Mr O compared to that clientile...

lol Not quite.

And the PF on Paxton Street in Harrisburg is not lunk alarm happy. I did a video years ago where I let a pulldown bar fly, big racket, no alarm. I had the video rolling, walked to the front desk, complained, and they let the alarm beep for, like, one second total.

Disappointing. lol

Who the hell defends planet fitness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do, generally, but not in this case.

The building is a building. It has weights in it. People can lift the weights like in any other building. Not all people use chalk or scream.

The PF in Harrisburg has some pretty jacked guys and curvy women yet none of them have been tossed on the street for looking muscular, fit, or hot.

A lot of the "Planet Fitness sucks!" commentary just seems wrong to me. It's a building with fantastic cardio equipment that -- if you purchase the $99/yr special -- only costs $8.25 per month to have your membership. AND, yes, people do eat pizza. Ever hear of a f'ing cheat meal? One slice does not discredit your HARDCORE status.

Back