• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Gear, diet, or training? Oh, its definitely gear!

malfeasance

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
On my fourth cycle. Middle aged, been training for three decades. First cycle was in middle age already.

Recently, I took 18 months off of gear.

Lifted hard, ate correctly, but results were . . . eh . . . At best I kept a little of what the gear provided, but I could not lean up for anything even when doing cardio and could not put on anymore size.

So, in frustration, I started another cycle.

600 test/ 300 npp a week.

Feels awesome. That is, however, only as high as any of my previous cycles.

Recently, at the urging of heavyiron, I upped the doses to 900 test / 400 NPP . . .

My experience of lifting naturally and on gear, both low doses and high doses, while keeping diet and training correct, is that, oh, it is most definitely the gear, and I am starting to think that gains truly are dose dependent as well.

Even during a week when I came down sick on this cycle and just played around in the gym, one or two sets per body part, backing the weight off, I continued to grow. The gear kept me growing even when I was just fiddling with the weights.

I also seem to be visibly leaning out on the higher doses even as the scale continues to climb well past any previous bodyweight I have ever attained AND I have stopped doing cardio for several weeks now.

Explain that?

Its the gear.

Makes me want to do even more . . .

What's 'middle aged'?

Malfeasance I feel you. I went through this just a little differently. Got back into training at 40. Worked my ass off, diet on point, cardio, weights 4-5 days a week, made little progress. Hell it took forever to get anywhere. So I'm thinking WTF, this sure was easier 10 years ago. I was still totally natural at that point. So I end up looking into HRT. Tested low enough to get approved. Within weeks of being on just an HRT dose of 200mg test cypionate ew started making gains. Presto. It is a combo of all components (diet, training, consistency, and drugs), but one thing that is for sure, unless you're a genetic freak, after 40 you need a little chemical assistance.

What are everybody's thoughts about the gains being dose dependent?

First time raising test to 900 and NPP to 400, and, well, LOVING IT! I feel like I have been missing out by keeping my dosages so low!

What are everybody's thoughts about the gains being dose dependent?

First time raising test to 900 and NPP to 400, and, well, LOVING IT! I feel like I have been missing out by keeping my dosages so low!
I started on trt and made some serious gains (age 42) got my strength back to where I was at when I was about 22 yrs old. Bump to present, I did what I call a blast on 400mgs of test cyp and grew some more. But when I upped my dose to 600mgs the results in strength were amazing...Current bench is at 340lbs that beats my PB (at 22 yrs old and natty) bye about 25lbs....So I agree with you but wit that said I do not see myself ever doing over a gram a week while on blast....

IML Gear Cream!
It sounds like you have found your sweet spot.
Personally, 800mg (test only) per week feels great, I stay strong, lean (enough) and my weight fluctuates comfortably around 205-210 on a small amount of calories

It sounds like you have found your sweet spot.
I am not sure that is true. It is just more than I have ever taken, and it feels great. My guess is that even more would feel even better, and so on . . . I will have to exercise restraint . . .

900 test / 400 NPP probably sounds small to some people on here . . .

the more gear, the more water retention at the begining of the cycle. you need to train hard to get the most out of your cycle

I'm 45 and it's definitely dose dependent for me as well. A few years ago I started to lose everything and more after cycle, not recovering well. I went the TRT route and all is great now blasting and cruising.

Back