• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Need help.. Newbie (want to tone)

TheDragon

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hello everyone, im 22 6foot tall 170lbs.. but none of its really muscle, ive always had a really high metabolism so i never really had to do anything and id stay thin. However i now have a bit of chunk, small love handle and whatnot.

i dont want to beef up. but id really like to tone, get rid of all the fat, and work on my abs and legs.

so far.. for 2 weeks ive been running in the morning for about 45 minutes and then 2 sets of 50 crunches, squats, and some pushups.

breakfast im eating 2eggs and a can of tuna
lunch small salad
dinner salad and skinless chicken breast. (not fried)

in between all my meals im having a cup of fat free yogurt.

if anyone has any tips on what i should do if this isnt what im supposed to be doing. please lay it on me. thanks

oh, and im drinkng a massive ammount of water.

thanks in advance
.dragon

oh and im doing the crunches squats and pushups at night as well. no running though

Whats up dragon....Im a newbie here too...so I dont know a whole lot of stuff...but I think you are eating too little...
I began lifting weights about 3 months ago...I am 6"2 and 172Lbs...Right now my goal is to mantain my weight but try to make muscle and lose fat...The past couple of months I have been eating about 2200 cals per day and working out 3 times a week...Even though I ve lost a little weight (4 Lbs) I feel Ive put on some muscle and lost body fat.... I eat 6 meals per day (all of them are real food ....no shakes) and a whey protein shake after training.. If I were you...I would begin by reading some of the sticky posts on top...and start lifting...

i dont really want to bulk up though, the only area i have any fat at is my lower stomach region and chest... wouldnt eating salads and running take care of it... im not trying to get bigger.

thanks for the advice.. and correct me if im wrong.. i know nothing.

thanks again :)

hey dragon-
papa had a great post. Go look thru the stickys in the diet and training sections. That is a must to get some great information.

eating a salad? nope. Sorry.
If you eat too few cals, your body will go into a starvation mode, storing more fat.
You are going to have to eat. Learn about what to eat, what ratios, etc.
If can't figure it out, I'd suggest going to a nutricionist and have them set you up on eating correctly to meet your goals.
You can't just tone. You ahve to have muscle to tone.
You need to work your whole body to get desired results.
Again, read the stickys and do research on how to follow a workuot program that will work your whole body on a set rep days per week scheme that will fulfill your needs.

Welcome to IM, hope you learn alot and progress here!

k.. thanks alot, most of the stickies were really complicated, but i got the jyst of it. More small meals, spread out, lots of protien.

last question for now, can i replace 2 of the 5 meals in my day with a protien shake? or should i be eating along with the shakes.
thanks again.

dragon...my problem is the same as yours...I think all of my body fat is in my lower stomach...Since ive started lifting my body fat has decreased...and my muscles are slowly getting bigger...But I weight less...so i guess some of my new muscle is replacing fat...And I am not dieting hard...I am trying to stay at My daily caloric requirements

Originally posted by TheDragon
k.. thanks alot, most of the stickies were really complicated, but i got the jyst of it. More small meals, spread out, lots of protien.

last question for now, can i replace 2 of the 5 meals in my day with a protien shake? or should i be eating along with the shakes.
thanks again.
Yes you can! 5-6 Small meals a day and that includes the protien shakes.

cool, thank you all very much, i guess ill cut down on all the salads and eat some balanced meals, the big problem was probably that i wasnt doing any exercise.

i look forward to learning alot more from everyone here.
thanks again. :)

I wouldnt cut out the salads....eat them with other foods....salads are not very calorie dense so I eat a lot of it them make me feel full...and they are rich in fiber and stuff...

IML Gear Cream!
i actually just talked to a friend of mine who's mother is a nutritionist, so her entire life she's been counting calories and she's in great shape. She told me that drinking protein shakes and eating the meals that i was eating:

Breakfast: 2 eggs and smoked Turkey
shake
Lunch: salad
shake
dinner: Salad with 2 skinless chicken breasts

isnt really necissary unless i was trying to bulk up.

im 6foot 170lbs, all i want to do is burn the fat i have on me and define my muscles (abs and chest mainly). Should i change my diet or what.

exersise routine:
morning: cardio, running for 45 minutes or more, 2 sets of 50 crunches and squats, and 2 sets of 30 pushups.
night: same as above but on 2 days of the week i do cardio again.

if anyone wants to jump in and tell me exactly what i need to do, please.. i read the stickies and i pretty much got that i need to eat my BMI in 5 meals spread out through the day. other than that its all confusing to me.

if im on the right track, lemme know, ive only been at it a week, but i dont want to bulk, i want to (i think the term is) Cut.

thanks.

Last edited:
Back