• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What LOW CARB protein powder? Keto folks...

flood

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is there a protein powder you recommend for a ketogenic diet? Most I use have a fair amount of carbs and I'd like to know if there's a good 0 carb protein powder.

Isopure zero carb.

Carnivore beef protein. Zero carbs zero sugar zero fat. Tastes amazing

KRAZIEONE

Give our Natural blend a shot. You wont find a better tasting high quality whey in the marker. I used it for my keto diet thru last summer prepping.

Here are some reviews

http://anabolicsteroidforums.com/forumdisplay.php/102-Divine-Nutrition

Agree 100%

Using the Divine Natural Blend Chocolate Dulce de Leche for my entire prep(in keto 7 weeks out)

Serv. Size Servings
1 Scoop (32g) 35
AmountDaily Value
Calories 116
Calories from fat 5
Total fat. 0.5g 1%
Total Carbohydrates 2g 2%
Sugars 0g
Protein 25g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any high quality Iso-whey should be 0-3gcarbs. just look at label. I rec IML whey protein

Best deal by far is isopure. You can get 7.5 bucket of it on allstarhealth for 80-90 bucks for no carbs and no sugar I think its great I've tried almost every flavor which is a lot. They also had there powder tested and they were top 5 out of all the protein tested, so what they say is on the label is truly what you get.

I've tasted devine protein it was good too, not sure if you can get the same deal as isopure though. Maybe with a discount

Carnivore beef protein. Zero carbs zero sugar zero fat. Tastes amazing

KRAZIEONE

I love the stuff but mine says it has 8g carbs. Zero cholesterol, sugar, and fat though!

any high quality Iso-whey should be 0-3gcarbs. just look at label. I rec IML whey protein
That's what I use

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10000127_615541838517842_1989951105_n.jpg
    10000127_615541838517842_1989951105_n.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 50
I checked it. It does say 8grams of carbs but shit that is low carb. You need a little carbs anyway for your body to even function

KRAZIEONE

Optimum nutrition 100% gold standard whey. It not carb free but it is very low in carbs with only 3 grams per serving.

Optimum nutrition 100% gold standard whey. It not carb free but it is very low in carbs with only 3 grams per serving.

Nice selection of flavors, too. Not to mention cheap.

Trutein is pretty good.

No need for protein shakes on a Keto diet. Keep protein low/moderate and fats high.
If you really need a shake have 15g of your usual protein powder with 50g of peanut butter.

Any quality 100% whey isolate should be ok. Isolate is very low carb. As far as a ketogenic diet goes its really a misnomer regardless of what all the diet gurus say. You can get yourself into ketosis without a special plan by keeping calories low enough and eating as few carbs as possible. The problem with that us if you are training with weights and you just increase fat and not protein is that you risk losing muscle. To go keto and drop fat while retaining muscle you either have to increase protein somewhat or supplement with a quality amino acid supplement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Any quality 100% whey isolate should be ok. Isolate is very low carb. As far as a ketogenic diet goes its really a misnomer regardless of what all the diet gurus say. You can get yourself into ketosis without a special plan by keeping calories low enough and eating as few carbs as possible. The problem with that us if you are training with weights and you just increase fat and not protein is that you risk losing muscle. To go keto and drop fat while retaining muscle you either have to increase protein somewhat or supplement with a quality amino acid supplement.

I have been experimenting with keto diet for quite a while now. Best fat loss while retaining muscles occurred at 80g Protein 170g Fat, 10g Carbs.
I also tried 200g Protein, 140g Fat, 10g Carbs, the results was not as impressive as besides fat I also lost some muscle tissue.
My personal experience makes me believe that a high protein intake can kick one out of ketosis as ones body will use protein as a fuel rather than ketones.

IML Gear Cream!
Not in the absence of glycogen. If you deplete the glycogen stores in the liver and muscle tissue during your workout and throw in hiit at the end of a training session then you will force your body into burning ffa which is what ketones ate the by product of. I suspect your results were due to other variables that you aren't accounting for. Unless during those two periods you describe you kept everything else identical then you can't attribute the diffeence to protein intake alone. There is definitely more to muscle retention than low carb high protein diets and im not saying you're wrong but its way too easy to say just do this because it worked for me but w/o more info on other variables it doesn't mean much. Protein remains the one macro your body cannot synthesize on its own. It can make fat and glucose from other sources.

Back