• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Sharky's NPC Bikini Prep

IML Gear Cream!
Ps bigjim- my abs are so sore from those front squats! So freaking awesome-more so than when I ever work abs alone!

Instagram: @kieferkm

Ps bigjim- my abs are so sore from those front squats! So freaking awesome-more so than when I ever work abs alone!

Nice job! Anterior loaded squats are THE BEST Ab work you could do. The load the spine and force th Core to work the way it is meant to. As your deep Core gets stronger you will not be as limited by your core as you are now.
For even more of an impact try heavy (no more then 6 reps) Zercher squats. They will blow your mind. Use a thick bar bad so the bar doesn't kill your arms.
Keep training the Core with static spinal work and you will never have to or want to do repetitive flexion exercises (ie. Crunches, etc.) again. And your overall strength will go through the roof.

Good luck.

My bench and deadlifts :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front squats looked good in my opinion they are one of the best and hardest lifts

Sunday legs and plyos!
4 sets of everything:
-box step ups with 25lb plate over head
- hack squats 95lb
- sumo squats 30lb
- tire flips
- laying leg curls 70lb
- walking lunges with 40lb bar
- sprints

y6yhu7ur.jpg

Looking good, im going to be following this thread to get more ideas for my gf to add to her mix. Thanks

Looking good, im going to be following this thread to get more ideas for my gf to add to her mix. Thanks

Thank you! That's a great idea! Hope you find some good info!

Im sure I will, she wants to have that fit/bikini model figure, but her metabolism is the opposite of mine, and my training and diet is complete opposite of hers so im trying to learn and find out as much as possible for her since shes.not.much of a forum person lol

gu5e9u2e.jpg

Workout yesterday:
4 sets of everything!
Bench press
Seated row
Kettle bell press
Lat pull down
TRX push ups
TRX rows
Cable tricep extension
Dumbbell bicep curls

I went heavy heavy heavy! Rawrr!

Enjoy and thanks for reading! 😄

IML Gear Cream!
What is everyone's opinion on re-feed days to keep leptin levels normal?! Curious to know if it's worth trying?

What is everyone's opinion on re-feed days to keep leptin levels normal?! Curious to know if it's worth trying?

Check out lyle macdonalds work on carb cycling and keto dieting - it outlays intake and timing.

If you're an elite member the e-books are available ;)

Check out lyle macdonalds work on carb cycling and keto dieting - it outlays intake and timing.

If you're an elite member the e-books are available ;)

Awesome that sounds good! I'm interested in this for sure!

Upper body today! Didn't have a huge compound movement but I needed to work some accessory stuff-
Hammer curl
Military press
EZ bar curl
DB press
Incline push ups
Box jumps
DB kick back
DB pullover
Jackknife crunches
Lat pull down
Lunge with side raise

I went super heavy and adjusted the reps accordingly! Enjoy!

How's your weight shifting Sharky?

I will post some workouts today- sorry all it's been busy in the life of sharky! 😄

It's doing pretty good! I'm not exactly losing weight which I'm getting discouraged about but I am definitely building muscle!

It's pretty hard to lose weight and build muscle. Focus on the mirror and body comp not the scale.

BTW,I just watched your front squats video. Sorry but I usually login using my phone so I don't take the time to watch videos and stuff. Not too mention Tapatalk gives me problems from time to time.

Anyway, your movement indicates a bit of core weakness and possibly glute med and min weakness. keep working on static anterior core work like I suggested (ie. RKC planks, pallof presses, ab wheel rollouts, etc). Be careful with the ab wheel as it is one of my favorites but the one exercise I see get mangled by just about every single person I see do it.

As you go heavier I am sure you will notice your knees cave in? You need to be aware of this and train "knees out" constantly. Not only queuing yourself over and over but try adding a mini band around your knees when squatting to reinforce this. You do not have to do it with every set. Try just doing it in a few of the preceding sets to you last ones. Doing this can reprogram the CNS to recruit those muscle even when the band is not employed. The method is called RNT (reactive Neuromuscular Training) and it works in so many areas.

You could also add lateral band walk to your prep work. Put a med weight mini-band around your knees and ankles and walk laterally for 15-20 steps in both directions. 2 sets to fatigue. Focus on driving with the heal of the foot to keep your foot facing straight ahead. Do not let it turn out or externally rotate. Its gonna burn like an SOB but its great for the lateral glutes. You should also blast the glute max with a couple of sets of single leg bridges to fatigue. Focus on really contracting the glutes at end range hip extension.

This work should help you improve muscle recruitment and ultimately allow you to handle more weight and increase results.

Good luck.

IML Gear Cream!
Bump for updates!

I know I know! I'm starting grad school soon and have been insanely busy! I'll update soon!

Come on. What's more important, updates for us???? or grad school...

Hello everyone! I apologize for my absence! I am beginning a doctorate program next week to get a degree in Physical Therapy and there has been hella prep work! Anyways- I finally have a minute to post so here is my personal life update! I will be competing in the Kentucky Muscle on August 9th. It is a national qualifier and will also be my 4th competition. I'm looking to place top 5 here seeing as my best has been top 8. In the past, I don't think my mind was into it as much as it is now- I cheated on my diet frequently with peanut butter and Quest bars but this time I have seriously buckled down and committed. I want to place more than I want peanut butter haha it's all mind over matter! I have been incorporating everyone's advice and have been doing one major lift a day to include front squat, Deadlift, regular squat and chest press. I have increased weight on every single one which I am so proud of especially since I am on a very low carb diet right now. I've also made sure to keep the form up and work on stretching more often. My next adventure is to incorporate some Olympic lifts like snatches, clean and jerk and overhead presses. I've done them a few times and really enjoy them? Thoughts?! Thanks for everyone's support and I'll try to post my workouts more often!

I am just wondering why a physique athlete would use them in their program? Are you proficient in the oly lifts? It doesn't sound like it?
I just can't see them being of value to you unless you will be playing a sport or you just love the idea so much. If it doesn't effect your goal of competing in what you do then I say go for it.
It's just that the amount of time that needs to go into learning the techniques, not to mention the need for good mobility and trunk and scapula stability all takes a lot of time. Which will take away from other training.
If that's okay with you... Then great!

Just wondering?

In for the clean and jerks...
If you enjoy the Olympic lifts, I say incorporate them into your WO.

Going for the PhD...sorry if I missed it, what will your doctorate be in?

It's a DPT- Doctorate of Physical Therapy!

I am just wondering why a physique athlete would use them in their program? Are you proficient in the oly lifts? It doesn't sound like it?
I just can't see them being of value to you unless you will be playing a sport or you just love the idea so much. If it doesn't effect your goal of competing in what you do then I say go for it.
It's just that the amount of time that needs to go into learning the techniques, not to mention the need for good mobility and trunk and scapula stability all takes a lot of time. Which will take away from other training.
If that's okay with you... Then great!

Just wondering?

I know a little bit of them - I've mainly done them with low weight and used them in circuits or when the guys at the gym train me- if there's no benefit to bikini competing then I guess I shouldn't waste my time. I'm just trying to keep my muscle, burn fat and be aesthetic but sometimes I get bored with the same things! However I have noticed sticking to the same routine for a while yields the best results!

Back