• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Competition Prep. help Figure/Physique VAR/CLEN Please :)

vixxxen

Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello Ladies,
I’ve just competed in my very first figure competition a week ago and placed 5th in my figure master’s division class C. I’m looking forward to competing again in figure and possibly physique in 13 weeks and looking for a solid 12 week cycle with primary goal to lean out. I’ve been training on and off (due to having babies/ an injury) for 4 years and in the beginning was 250 lbs and 46% BF but solid for contest prep 8 months ago which I started at 186 lbs 30% BF (weight gain back due to injury)

Current Stats:
Age 38
5’7”
160 lbs
17%BF

Goal: TO GET LEAN 140lbs, 8-10 % BF

I wasn’t able to get as lean as I could due to being Hypoglycemic and couldn’t do the traditional final weeks BB cutting diet. That diet sent my body into survival mode and I held everything before I knew it 2 weeks lost in prep. But that's what happens when you are a first timer and learning about your body. If you want details of diet, macros, training, etc let me know. This week I finally dropped the water rebound from drying out for comp and am back on 50p/30c/20f....also contemplating 3 day carb. cycling starting at week 8 and hoping my hypoglycemia symptoms won't be too bad.

Experience: Ran a 6 week cycle of Masteron, yes harsh for a newbie, but it got me very hard with no sides accompanied with OTC fat burners with it. Not afraid of needles anymore lol.

This round I would like to try VAR/Clen/ECA possibly T3 too but not sure about that one yet. ..Totally up for hearing suggestions. This is what I thought I would do:

Week 1: Clen (running this solo for 2 weeks since no experience with it yet and to see if I feel sides)
Week 2: Clen
Week 3: VAR/ECA
Week 4: VAR/ECA
Week 5: VAR/Clen/T3
Week 6: VAR/Clen/T3
Week 7: VAR/ECA/T3
Week 8: VAR/ECA/T3
Week 9: VAR/Clen/T3
Week 10: VAR/Clen/T3
Week 11: VAR/ECA
Week 12: VAR/ECA
Week 13 (comp prep/water manipulation/etc) Do I run any through?

Dosages: Clen start at 20mcg and ramp up to 80 and then back down over 2 weeks ( 2 weeks on/ 2 off)
Var week 1 start at 2.5mg two times a day and then up to 5mg 2x times a day not to exceed 10mg per day.
Not sure on dosage instructs for T3, I know that it has to be cycled up and down and I don’t want to destroy the thyroid.

Questions:
1) Is the timing of these correct?
2) Can I run any of them through during my final week of prep. ?
3) Any other good combos out there better than what I have listed?
4) Should I even mess with the T3 and just do VAR/Clen/ECA?
5) Feel free to adjust the listed schedule if you know it can be better done?

Additional update: I have scheduled a thyroid panel prior to beginning the T3 but still value some input.

I'm really hoping this isn't another dead female board :( ....any competition ladies out there that can help me?

Hey Vixxen give them a little time. You may also want to give Sassy69 a PM after you get your post count up.

Icon

Hello Ladies,
I’ve just competed in my very first figure competition a week ago and placed 5th in my figure master’s division class C. I’m looking forward to competing again in figure and possibly physique in 13 weeks and looking for a solid 12 week cycle with primary goal to lean out. I’ve been training on and off (due to having babies/ an injury) for 4 years and in the beginning was 250 lbs and 46% BF but solid for contest prep 8 months ago which I started at 186 lbs 30% BF (weight gain back due to injury)

Current Stats:
Age 38
5’7”
160 lbs
17%BF

Goal: TO GET LEAN 140lbs, 8-10 % BF

I wasn’t able to get as lean as I could due to being Hypoglycemic and couldn’t do the traditional final weeks BB cutting diet. That diet sent my body into survival mode and I held everything before I knew it 2 weeks lost in prep. But that's what happens when you are a first timer and learning about your body. If you want details of diet, macros, training, etc let me know. This week I finally dropped the water rebound from drying out for comp and am back on 50p/30c/20f....also contemplating 3 day carb. cycling starting at week 8 and hoping my hypoglycemia symptoms won't be too bad.

Experience: Ran a 6 week cycle of Masteron, yes harsh for a newbie, but it got me very hard with no sides accompanied with OTC fat burners with it. Not afraid of needles anymore lol.

This round I would like to try VAR/Clen/ECA possibly T3 too but not sure about that one yet. ..Totally up for hearing suggestions. This is what I thought I would do:

Week 1: Clen (running this solo for 2 weeks since no experience with it yet and to see if I feel sides)
Week 2: Clen
Week 3: VAR/ECA
Week 4: VAR/ECA
Week 5: VAR/Clen/T3
Week 6: VAR/Clen/T3
Week 7: VAR/ECA/T3
Week 8: VAR/ECA/T3
Week 9: VAR/Clen/T3
Week 10: VAR/Clen/T3
Week 11: VAR/ECA
Week 12: VAR/ECA
Week 13 (comp prep/water manipulation/etc) Do I run any through?

Dosages: Clen start at 20mcg and ramp up to 80 and then back down over 2 weeks ( 2 weeks on/ 2 off)
Var week 1 start at 2.5mg two times a day and then up to 5mg 2x times a day not to exceed 10mg per day.
Not sure on dosage instructs for T3, I know that it has to be cycled up and down and I don’t want to destroy the thyroid.

Questions:
3) Any other good combos out there better than what I have listed?
4) Should I even mess with the T3 and just do VAR/Clen/ECA?

Additional update: I have scheduled a thyroid panel prior to beginning the T3 but still value some input.

Hi & congrats on competition!

One thing I will say is that it is hard to do multiple competitions when they are not back-to-back, so as you are planning these in the future, try to group them together if you're doing multiple, and then give yourself some reasonable time to recover. I'm not going to speak about T3 because your body is probably already looking to get rebalanced from the last competition. See what the thyroid panel says, but also understand that your body is probably still in the middle of trying to find homeostasis from the last run. That said, the best thing you can do is really leverage your diet to avoid any post-show rebound, but also leverage the post-show growth time - you've depleted your body, so it really wants to soak up everything and recover so its a great time to do some growing.

Did you use clen in the last prep? I would listen to your body w/ the clen. If you are finding it puts you to sleep instead of sending you off on a buzz, then drop it for a while. Adrenal fatigue is another not uncommon part of the stress of competition prep. And also if you do use it, listen to your body in terms of the dosage. The stuff you write down, particularly w/ clen, is more about a guidance than a strict cycle you need to follow. My biggest gripe w/ clen is that if it gives you perpetual tension headaches and compromises the quality of your sleep, then you have to wonder if it is negating any "fat burning' effect w/ the cortisol produced from the stress it adds.

To your questions:
Questions:
3) Any other good combos out there better than what I have listed? These are the best. Some people run proviron the last 4-5 weeks as a cutter - simiilar compound to masteron.
4) Should I even mess with the T3 and just do VAR/Clen/ECA? Rather see you keep it simple.
- With var, many people experience a certain amount of water retention. As you dial into the last 2 weeks of a competition, you need to pay attention to how you respond to the var and if you do see yourself retaining some water. If yes, then I would drop the var at 10 days out so your body can naturally filter out the water. If not, then feel free to run it thru the show date.

@Sassy69 - You are awesome!!!!

I just want to say thank you, thank you, and thank you for your thoughtful response. Sorry for my delayed response I have been out of town and really wanted to sit down and thoughtfully thank you for your advice.

The first thing that you pointed out really struck me because although mentally I'm ready to compete so soon I think my body is saying something else. I've been feeling exhausted since my competition and no matter how much rest I've been getting I don't feel like I did prior to the comp.

Until I get my blood and thyroid panel results back I think I am going to hold off competing for a while. My body is trying to balance itself right now and I think I should do as you said, wait and grow. Being a newbie at this I don't know my body well enough yet to put it through so much and really need to be mindful of that.

In regard to the additional advice I will for sure keep what you've told me in mind when I go that route.

Thank you again!

Hi & congrats on competition!

One thing I will say is that it is hard to do multiple competitions when they are not back-to-back, so as you are planning these in the future, try to group them together if you're doing multiple, and then give yourself some reasonable time to recover. I'm not going to speak about T3 because your body is probably already looking to get rebalanced from the last competition. See what the thyroid panel says, but also understand that your body is probably still in the middle of trying to find homeostasis from the last run. That said, the best thing you can do is really leverage your diet to avoid any post-show rebound, but also leverage the post-show growth time - you've depleted your body, so it really wants to soak up everything and recover so its a great time to do some growing.

Did you use clen in the last prep? I would listen to your body w/ the clen. If you are finding it puts you to sleep instead of sending you off on a buzz, then drop it for a while. Adrenal fatigue is another not uncommon part of the stress of competition prep. And also if you do use it, listen to your body in terms of the dosage. The stuff you write down, particularly w/ clen, is more about a guidance than a strict cycle you need to follow. My biggest gripe w/ clen is that if it gives you perpetual tension headaches and compromises the quality of your sleep, then you have to wonder if it is negating any "fat burning' effect w/ the cortisol produced from the stress it adds.

To your questions:
Questions:
3) Any other good combos out there better than what I have listed? These are the best. Some people run proviron the last 4-5 weeks as a cutter - simiilar compound to masteron.
4) Should I even mess with the T3 and just do VAR/Clen/ECA? Rather see you keep it simple.
- With var, many people experience a certain amount of water retention. As you dial into the last 2 weeks of a competition, you need to pay attention to how you respond to the var and if you do see yourself retaining some water. If yes, then I would drop the var at 10 days out so your body can naturally filter out the water. If not, then feel free to run it thru the show date.

Back