• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

question about counting calories and beef

mit37

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i have been reading people's journals and i see that when they eat ground beef they have the " fat rinsed"....what exactly are u guys doing and how many calories are reduced...in addition how do u guys usually cook your ground beef.... i just had ground beef after a long time and i cooked it in a pan that had a half of table spoon of olive oil... should i be counting those cals....thanx

I buy ground sirloin with very very very little fat in it. I don't rinse mine because there isn't enough fat to rinse. I don't know about others but my butcher says that 4 oz. of the ground sirloin I get is about 4 G. Fat. :lick:

For the most part if you fry your beef in a pan then rinse it under water you can eliminate approximately 50% of the fat. BTW...you should still purchase lean or xtra lean regardless if you're rinsing it or not.

Really? So if I were to rinse out my g. turkey or beef in a pan, I can always estimate the fat to be half for my numbers? :eyebrow:

Does it do anything to rinse before cooking?

Get it lean and rinsing is a waste of time if your meat is lean enough. Not to mention how nasty it tastes afterwards. The speck of fat that x-lean beef has in it is not worth the hassle IMO!

Sometimes FF and I differ in opinions, nothing wrong with that. :)

I agree with Jodi. The fat gives it the taste. Rinse it and it is nasty!

ok, thanks guys.. :D

what if you use george forman's lean grill? how much fat approx would an 80% lean ground turkey be?

I just do it very simple - get 96% lean maveric ground beef. Tastes good & no washing silliness.

Back