• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

So I made Jambalaya with brown rice....

raysd21

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Turned out good. Can't even tell it's brown rice really either.

2 Split chicken breasts roasted
1 medium onion diced
3 stalks celery diced
1 green bell pepper diced
3 cloves garlic diced
16 oz can diced tomatoes drained
2 tblsp hot sause louisana style :winkfinger:
3 tblsp oil
2.5 cups brown rice
3-4 cups water

You can add in some cayene pepper or diced jalepenos if you want it extra spicey.

Directions:preheat oven 400 degrees.

Salt and roast chicken about 35-40 minutes. Poor juices in pot. Add oil, chopped onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic and diced tomatoes. Combine tomato juice from tomatoes, water, and hot sauce. Just make sure it's exactly 5 cups of liquid adding water for proper amount. Shred the chicken and put the bones and tomato/hot sauce liquid in the pot. Simmer with LID ON for about 30 minutes. Take out bones. Add 2.5 cups rice. Stir to make sure all the rice is coated with liquid. Cover. Cook on a low simmer for about 45 minutes. May need an extra 5 minutes or so if there is extra liquid in the pot or rice is still firm. It's hard as fuk to overcook brown rice so a little extra time is ok. Enjoy.

Yeah I left out the sausage since this is for healthy recipes but if you brown some smoked sausage in the oil and remove it before you start cooking the veg, it will add a whole other dimension to the dish. I find if you cook the sausage in the dish it will just completely take all the flavor out of the sausage and the whole dish will taste like smoked sausage. I like to taste all the fresh vegetables and tomatoes and chicken in there and taste the smoked sausage seperate. If you find it hard to eat brown rice this recipe should help convert you.

Back