• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Congressmen Introduce Anabolic Steroids Bill in House

heavyiron

Chemistry Experiment
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Congressmen Introduce Anabolic Steroids Bill in House

May 30, 2014

WASHINGTON—Reps. Joe Pitts (R-Penn.) and Frank Pallone (D-N.J.) have introduced legislation in the House designed to crack down on anabolic steroids masquerading as dietary supplements, according to the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN).

The legislation serves as a companion bill to the Senate’s Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act (DASCA) of 2014, which was introduced in February by Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) and Orrin Hatch (R-Utah).

“The introduction of the House bill is the next step toward full passage of a much-needed law that will further empower the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) with new tools to identify and quickly respond when new designer anabolic steroids are introduced and falsely marketed as dietary supplements," said Mike Greene, CRN’s vice president of government relations, in a statement.

The Senate bill, introduced amid the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, would classify "designer anabolic steroids" found in gyms, retail stores and over the Internet as controlled substances.

According to Hatch and Whitehouse, the products are made by reverse engineering illegal steroids and slightly changing their chemical composition. Such reengineering avoids placement on DEA's list of controlled substances, posing a dilemma for federal authorities. According to a DEA official in 2009 testimony on Capitol Hill, if products containing designer steroids meet the definition of a dietary supplement, FDA must demonstrate that they are "adulterated"—presenting "a significant or unreasonable risk of illness or injury"—before they can be removed from the market.

Hatch and Whitehouse warned that designer steroids can cause such harm as liver injury and an increased risk of a heart attack and stroke, and may lead to addiction and aggression.

The Senate's legislation will "allow DEA to respond faster to stop those criminals who create new anabolic substances closely resembling listed ones, but tweaked just enough that they are not identical to the ones listed," CRN president and CEO Steve Mister wrote in a March 10, 2014 article for Natural Products INSIDER. "The misbranded steroids, illegally sold as dietary supplements, are not only dangerous for consumers, but also unfairly damage the reputation of responsible dietary supplement companies that provide consumers with legitimate, high-quality and beneficial supplements for sports nutrition and performance."

But tobacco is legal and a personal choice??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Law makers a bunch of damn idiots.

Idiots aren't doing anything but wasting our money and there time to work on other acually important things

Idiots aren't doing anything but wasting our money and there time to work on other acually important things

Agreed. Good thing there isn't anything important they should be worrying about

-jwgibbons

If our Founding Fathers were alive, they'd be in Washington hanging these bastards right now!:mad:

Agreed, that should be the case with us however the government has done a great job making us feel weak and terrified to claim our country back.

-jwgibbons

If our Founding Fathers were alive, they'd be in Washington hanging these bastards right now!:mad:

I doubt it. I think they would be too ashamed of Americans and what we have become. They would simply leave us to our fate. As a whole, we are not worth saving.

IML Gear Cream!
I doubt it. I think they would be too ashamed of Americans and what we have become. They would simply leave us to our fate. As a whole, we are not worth saving.

Not so sure about that. They waged a revolution because of a tax on their breakfast beverage, and it wasn't even coffee!

At least it is a bipartisan bill. That's progress.

Ben Franklin sometimes wished for an English victory, because Americans were a mob and still are. Just now were an assorted mob and the politicians get over on us because of it.

I'm thinking i'm going to do what Prince did and jump this coop?

Ben Franklin sometimes wished for an English victory, because Americans were a mob and still are. Just now were an assorted mob and the politicians get over on us because of it.

I'm thinking i'm going to do what Prince did and jump this coop?

Want to see a fukd up goverment come to california. They have successfully destroyed a beautiful state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's ban cars, tylenol, swimming pools, 5 gallon buckets, and hands and feet. These items combined kill and hospitaize hundreds of thousands every year.

Here is a novel idea. Require you to pass a steroids test. Then get all the 'roids you want. Lawmakers should enact a law requiring you to pass basic life skills before you can reproduce.

What an F'n joke....But you can drink coffee? I'm on the verge of a melt just reading the first paragraph of HI's post...

i doubt this Bill will pass as it's written now...it's unconstitutional...DEA enforces the law it doesn't make it...by being the sole decider on what is "illegal" or designed to beat the system is not the the way the constitution is designed...

then again Gov just does whatever they want...what laws??

i doubt this Bill will pass as it's written now...it's unconstitutional...DEA enforces the law it doesn't make it...by being the sole decider on what is "illegal" or designed to beat the system is not the the way the constitution is designed...

We've sadly come to the place in America where a 2nd revolution is sadly necessary. Our government is COMPLETELY BROKEN, and out of control. Our Founding Fathers created the 2nd Amendment so free Americans can use force to remove a tyrannical government, and restore the Constitution, and freedom. Tyrannical is EXACTLY what we have today...:mad:

Seriously fuck the fact that we are in debt to our eyeballs, have serious drug problems (not aas or weed), and our education system is a joke. Let's crack down on pro hormones, that's a real issue....wtf

let's ban cars, tylenol, swimming pools, 5 gallon buckets, and hands and feet. These items combined kill and hospitaize hundreds of thousands every year.

Here is a novel idea. Require you to pass a steroids test. Then get all the 'roids you want. Lawmakers should enact a law requiring you to pass basic life skills before you can reproduce.

lolllllll

Not to get political but both parties are the problem here.

And if our Founders were alive, both parties would be marched out of power at the end of rifle barrels. This is the country of our Founding Fathers. It's THEIR country. They intended freedom, yet, both parties have done so much damage to freedom, it's now the "f word" among democrats, in particular. The democrats have become the party of zero freedom, total government control, and tyranny. The republicans have become the party that sits around and bitches, but does ZERO about problems facing America, yet wants to throw in an occasional bill about male hormones (along with the democrats), they know jack shit nothing about. Ok... I don't know anything about doing breast implants. Since I like natural tits anyway, I guess should I introduce a bill banning the practice of chics getting fake tits? LOL!! Seriously, this is the kind of shit that is running America right into a 3rd world country!
I'm Libertarian. Even though I'm a registered republican (to vote in the primaries), I vote freedom and common sense. The rest of America wouldn't know what the fuck common sense and true freedom was if it were hanging from their ass holes.

Unfortunately congress, state and local governements are passing laws more and more regularly that are unconstitutional, slowly stripping us of our rights and because the people (mob) don't understand, care or are too stupid to realize that its happening, therefore letting it continue. Some lawmaker got a call from some crying constituent about their son dying from these awful "supplements" but fail to mention ALL PRODUCTS can have these effects one time in a million...But no lets ban supplements that help people become more FIT so instead more Americans will workout LESS and get even fatter and while we're at it, lets legalize POT instead! Vote Libertarian

And if our Founders were alive, both parties would be marched out of power at the end of rifle barrels. This is the country of our Founding Fathers. It's THEIR country. They intended freedom, yet, both parties have done so much damage to freedom, it's now the "f word" among democrats, in particular. The democrats have become the party of zero freedom, total government control, and tyranny. The republicans have become the party that sits around and bitches, but does ZERO about problems facing America, yet wants to throw in an occasional bill about male hormones (along with the democrats), they know jack shit nothing about. Ok... I don't know anything about doing breast implants. Since I like natural tits anyway, I guess should I introduce a bill banning the practice of chics getting fake tits? LOL!! Seriously, this is the kind of shit that is running America right into a 3rd world country!

I'm Libertarian. Even though I'm a registered republican (to vote in the primaries), I vote freedom and common sense. The rest of America wouldn't know what the fuck common sense and true freedom was if it were hanging from their ass holes.

^Perfect

this is another example of govt trying to protect you from yourself. It always leads to a loss of our liberties (freedom to choose what we do to our own bodies) and a tyrannical govt.

this is another example of govt trying to protect you from yourself. It always leads to a loss of our liberties (freedom to choose what we do to our own bodies) and a tyrannical govt.

I disagree , and perhaps you might agree with me on this. I believe this is yet another example of our government being in the pocket of big pharma and other large corporations. Have you seen how many commercials they now run for " low T " ? This is potential big business for them, so they cant have underground and illegal possession and self prescribed treatment of low T.

Back