• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Do you surround yourself with people who are just like you when it comes to fitness?

LivingtoLearn

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok for example, Im having a hard time finding people who are into fitness like I am.

The majority of people do not work out or eat clean. That is why over 50 % of people in the United States are overweight.

Its getting frustrating. Most people I meet want to go to bars on the weekend and if you bring your own food to work and hit the gym on Friday nights they think you are weird.

Where can I go to meet people? Are there any places you guys know about? Even at the gym most people who go there are not very dedicated. They work out to feel less guilty about eating like crap and drinking like fishes. I guess maybe I should just stop worrying so much. But its nice to have a social life surrounded by people who enjoy other things than bars and eating poorly for enjoyment. Yes everyone is entitled to a cheat meal, but once in a while. The majority go out for fun and what do they do more than once a week? They eat pizzas, burgers, and drink beer. They may go workout once or twice a week. They do not workout 6-7 days per week. They are not serious.

get out of the chain gyms and find a hardcore gym in your area.......:coffee:

Yes I agree with you. But how do I go about my old friends? Do I cut them off slowly since they don't practice the same lifestyle as I do?

You must be a young dude. I am a old dude and I might can count my friends on both hands.. I talk to alot of people but I dont hang out with anyone but my wife and kids.

You must be a young dude. I am a old dude and I might can count my friends on both hands.. I talk to alot of people but I dont hang out with anyone but my wife and kids.

Im in my 30's. I also can count my true friends on one hand.

But no one I know would be willing to go to the gym on Friday nights instead of a bar. Except for my gf but sometimes its nice to have another buddy to lift with. I feel alone.

Man I know what you mean I lift alone but you know you can count on yourself to show up. Yeah the gym is dead on friday nights which i lifte around 8 am daily it is always dead then too. I know a couple guys in there I would ask for a spot but hell I can lift heavy and do it in the power rack and be just as safe. Go to the gym at not the normal hours and you will find people in there that think the same way.

Man I know what you mean I lift alone but you know you can count on yourself to show up. Yeah the gym is dead on friday nights which i lifte around 8 am daily it is always dead then too. I know a couple guys in there I would ask for a spot but hell I can lift heavy and do it in the power rack and be just as safe. Go to the gym at not the normal hours and you will find people in there that think the same way.

Yeah it would be nice to meet a few new people that you could feed off of for encouragement and support and conversation. Instead of being invited out to a bar, maybe have some waters or Iced Tea. It amazes me that people in general need to drink to have fun on weekends. People in general just want to go drinking. Bodybuilding is an individual sport that is for sure.

You sound like a girl...:coffee:

Do you have to go to the bathroom with a partner also? You need to spend more time researching what your doing an less time worried about what your friends are doing. It seems like every thread you post has something to do with you not being able to drink with your friends. I am not a body builder by any means but I certainly dont care what my friends are doing while I'm at the gym working my ass off.. Im there cause i want to be it has nothing to do with other people..

edit: And BTW this is not bodybuilding gossip!

Do you have to go to the bathroom with a partner also? You need to spend more time researching what your doing an less time worried about what your friends are doing. It seems like every thread you post has something to do with you not being able to drink with your friends. I am not a body builder by any means but I certainly dont care what my friends are doing while I'm at the gym working my ass off.. Im there cause i want to be it has nothing to do with other people..

LOL Ok settle down.

Anyway, just saying it is a little frustrating when people you know only call ya or invite you places on Facebook when it involves a bar. Every Friday night its like "Hey blah blah blah, meet up at so and so place!"

I would love for the day to be invited to a group lift session at the gym instead.

IML Gear Cream!

I'm surprised anyone invites you out, you sound like a bitch.

lmfaoooo you guys always make me laugh when i get on here. i fukn love it!

lmfaoooo you guys always make me laugh when i get on here. i fukn love it!

Dammit AVA you better post something funny, grotesque or informative or I'm going to start negging you!!! :sorry:

Why can't you hang out with your friends? Do you have to get hammered at the bar or can you just hang out? I can't think of one "friend" that I hang out with that lives my lifestyle. Welcome to the .1%. Then again, other hobbies of mine are different than others. You can't have the same hobbies and life as everyone and it seems like you're limiting yourself. Never give up a good friend. They're hard to find. And living a different lifestyle, unless it's morally wrong to you, is not a reason to drop them. If all they want to do is drink, then branch out. But make sure you have a GOOD reason to get rid of a friend

Why can't you hang out with your friends? Do you have to get hammered at the bar or can you just hang out? I can't think of one "friend" that I hang out with that lives my lifestyle. Welcome to the .1%. Then again, other hobbies of mine are different than others. You can't have the same hobbies and life as everyone and it seems like you're limiting yourself. Never give up a good friend. They're hard to find. And living a different lifestyle, unless it's morally wrong to you, is not a reason to drop them. If all they want to do is drink, then branch out. But make sure you have a GOOD reason to get rid of a friend

These people, all they do is hang out in bars and drink. Everything they do revolves around drinking. Why should I waste my time hangin out with them? The word Moderation does not exist to these people. Its all they talk about and all they do. Its quite depressing to witness people who once worked out but now do not cause they would rather drink instead.

I hang out with people I like. I don't care if they lift or not. My closest friends do not lift, and they are friends that only come around a few times in a lifetime, so I won't snub them just because they want to drink and smoke. It makes it hard, but my determination will see me through.

Hell bro got to the bar after you get jacked and pull all the pussy while your boys get drunk.. Or get some free entertainment from the drunk asses.

Serious? Going to a forum to learn to live your life.... you need a psychiatrist.

Hell bro got to the bar after you get jacked and pull all the pussy while your boys get drunk.. Or get some free entertainment from the drunk asses.

I'm a man of integrity and have a gf. We are going to be getting married. She is a good woman who loves me. I am not gonna cheat on her. I can go to the bar and cock block everyone though. Nothing wrong with talking to all the women there. Fuck these drunks I will teach them a lesson.

I'm a man of integrity and have a gf. We are going to be getting married. She is a good woman who loves me. I am not gonna cheat on her. I can go to the bar and cock block everyone though. Nothing wrong with talking to all the women there. Fuck these drunks I will teach them a lesson.

Didnt know you had a woman... I dont cheat on mine ether. I look and she knows I do and most time we laugh at the women that are trolling for men.
I know what you mean these guys are going to give you hell on here. But I used to be in your shoes couldnt find anyone to work out with so I started doing mma if you need someone to train with its a good start.
I lift alone or with my wife believe it not I start first then she follows so I am a workout ahead of her but I can keep a eye on her and help.. Which I stopped lifting heavy so it helps. I still do the mma but not hardcore I am 41 so I am doing if for cardio and it is great to bond with my son he is following in my foot steps now on it. But he will be better than me if he keeps up in 8 years he will fight pro. In 5 years he will be my workout buddy he is too young now 10 years old I let him lift at home but that is it on a bowflex and bands.
I tell you what I have more in common with the guys on here than I do with friends I have had over the years so I get on here and ask questions and respond to people.

Didnt know you had a woman... I dont cheat on mine ether. I look and she knows I do and most time we laugh at the women that are trolling for men.
I know what you mean these guys are going to give you hell on here. But I used to be in your shoes couldnt find anyone to work out with so I started doing mma if you need someone to train with its a good start.
I lift alone or with my wife believe it not I start first then she follows so I am a workout ahead of her but I can keep a eye on her and help.. Which I stopped lifting heavy so it helps. I still do the mma but not hardcore I am 41 so I am doing if for cardio and it is great to bond with my son he is following in my foot steps now on it. But he will be better than me if he keeps up in 8 years he will fight pro. In 5 years he will be my workout buddy he is too young now 10 years old I let him lift at home but that is it on a bowflex and bands.
I tell you what I have more in common with the guys on here than I do with friends I have had over the years so I get on here and ask questions and respond to people.

Thank you for the reply. Good luck to your son. I hope he becomes a great champion!

Secondly, I also work out with my gf. She is the only one who is willing to go to the gym on Friday nights and Saturday morning at 4:30 am with me.

Thank you for the advice. I firmly believe that the lifestyle should go beyond just lifting weights and cardio. People should not go to bars more than the gym. Just my opinion!

IML Gear Cream!
Its easy to drink and have fun all it costs is some money... They dont have to put any effort in to it. No hard work required.

I think you guys are being a little bit prudish and judgmental. Partying has it's own cost. Feeling like dogshit the next day, knowing that you don't look nearly as good as the people who aren't drinking, ect. There are prices to pay for everything. Do what you do, and love it. No need to look down on others who aren;t doing exactly what you are doing.

Also, remember moderation. I will not drink, period. Alcohol is a suck ass drug, and I don't even like how it makes me feel. On the other hand, I have a gram of pure mdma, and I had a pretty damn good time Saturday. Even on ecstacy, I force fed myself whey protein and apples. Had a blast, ate well enough to sustain myself, didn't smoke, drink, or do anything else that would affect my performance.

So, I think you can party and be super dedicated to fitness.

Its easy to drink and have fun all it costs is some money... They dont have to put any effort in to it. No hard work required.

They are not serious. They will be the people that always end up going to a gym because its their new years resolution. Then quitting a month later and going back to the bar. Complaining that its too hard to workout, eat right, and stay fit. As they sit there feeding themselves fried foods instead of grilled Chicken.

Ok dude. If all they care about is drinking and you're not into that then that's ok. It seems like you have your life in order. If that's the case, good for you. Don't let anyone bring you down or take you where you don't wanna go. It's hard to stand up for yourself and do your own thing. That type of life can lead to a lot of negative choices.

This is why i workout alone. I Cant rely on anyone to motivate me, so i motivate myself. Its already a part of my existence, like breathing...or LHJO.

Back