• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Had 3 beers yesterday and some red wine.

LivingtoLearn

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I went to a celebration of life for a person that I know. They had beer and dry red wine. It was Merlot.

I had three Stella's and about 6 glasses of Red Wine. I felt that yesterday was a good time to treat myself to some drinks. We only live once and since I am very strict and follow a very clean diet and workout every single day, I allowed myself to relax and not worry about bodybuilding for a day.

Will this effect my gains? If it does what will I notice tonight when I work out?

Am I overreacting? I am working really hard at getting my core as strong as possible. Im in the gym 6 days per week ( 1 1/2 hours up to 2 hours per day) and will be in the gym every day this week so will the drinks even make an impact on my progress this week?

Last edited:
I went to a celebration of life for a person that I know. They had beer and dry red wine. It was Merlot.

I had three Stella's and about 6 glasses of Red Wine. I felt that yesterday was a good time to treat myself to some drinks. We only live once and since I am very strict and follow a very clean diet and workout every single day, I allowed myself to relax and not worry about bodybuilding for a day.

Will this effect my gains? If it does what will I notice tonight when I work out?

Am I overreacting? I am working really hard at getting my core as strong as possible. Im in the gym 6 days per week ( 1 1/2 hours up to 2 hours per day) and will be in the gym every day this week so will the drinks even make an impact on my progress this week?

u shouldent work out every day, u seem a bit obsessive. you drank one day....., do you really expect us to know how it will affect you? its one day. i would relax a bit. life is too short, just keep in moderation.

u shouldent work out every day, u seem a bit obsessive. you drank one day....., do you really expect us to know how it will affect you? its one day. i would relax a bit. life is too short, just keep in moderation.

I do it everyday far cardiovascular health. Work a different muscle group each day as well. So basically what you are telling me is that one day is not gonna make a difference.

Yes, you are over reacting.

Well glad to hear that.

Now since you are here, I would like your personal opinion. How often does a person have to drink to slow down protein synthesis where it would really affect their gains? Now I do understand how advanced they are in bodybuilding plays a significant role. For example, a person starting out will put on muscle easier than a guy who's been lifting for years. That means a person in the beginning can get results by not being as strict with their bodies. Correct?

Also, how much/how often would they have to drink to put on added fat even though they are in the gym pretty much every day? Your thoughts please.

Oh shit you had a drink you are going down hill.. You will be a fat ass forever.
Nah man when I was in my 20's I would drink every weekend and i was lower BF then.

Oh shit you had a drink you are going down hill.. You will be a fat ass forever.
Nah man when I was in my 20's I would drink every weekend and i was lower BF then.

How much would you drink per sitting?

I would loose count we partied hard as hell.. I would say at least 12 beers and liquor a night..

I would loose count we partied hard as hell.. I would say at least 12 beers and liquor a night..

In your opinion, how much fat can a person realistically gain overnight? A gram maybe?

Im nuts I must admit. I just need someone to flat out say its a waste of time to worry about losing gains if I end up having some drinks on a rest day.

I am worried that it could really mess things up.

I want to build muscle and don't want a day of rest with a few beers or glasses of red wine to take away my progress. Is it even possible to really affect gains and cause fat gain that would keep you from forming a nice six pack if you worked out 6 days per week and had a few adult beverages on a Sunday Afternoon?

Yes, you are over reacting.

What these guys said

IML Gear Cream!
Besides the extra calories and slight dehydration...protein synthesis effect....never heard that one. Anyway I'm in chitown also let's party! Oh wait I'm on the wagon, go fuck yourself. JK!:wits:

Besides the extra calories and slight dehydration...protein synthesis effect....never heard that one. Anyway I'm in chitown also let's party! Oh wait I'm on the wagon, go fuck yourself. JK!:wits:

I have read that if you drink, it will take away your gains and slow down the muscle building process. True?

How much would you have to drink to stall muscle building?

I really cant answer that question. I dont drink much anymore at all. I was not worried about about diet back in the day now I am.. I look at this way you can have cheat day... If you are too strict you will not not make it.

You should chill the f out, you're making me nervous just reading this. If you are a regular drinker it can impair protein synthesis. There are other factors at play that can contribute to it. What's concerning to me is you said you drank one night and you're worried about halting protein synthesis, it's like saying you at Wendy's today will I be fat tomorrow, think about it. Protein synthesis doesn't stop, your body is always building and repairing, at the musculoskeletal level it can impair growth because I believe alcohol blocks (brain fart, can't remember ) anyway, relax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read that if you drink, it will take away your gains and slow down the muscle building process. True?

How much would you have to drink to stall muscle building?

Wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back