• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Average time frame until people start commenting on your muscles?

LivingtoLearn

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I was just curious as to how long it takes until you start getting to the point where people really start taking notice of your muscles.

How long did you guys train until people started commenting?

On steroids? 48 hours, max.

Unless you have a few glasses of wine, in which case it could be years.

if you do it right...as a noob you will grow very fast the first year...people should notice after a month or two....if it doesn't happen that way you are probly doing it wrong

55 years and I'm still waiting.......:coffee:

Is 40 pounds increase in bench over a 2 month period classified as good gains?

Since I started lifting seriously a little over 2 months ago, I have increased my bench press by 40 pounds.

by the way...don't do maxes noob...no one cares how strong you think you are....that thought process leads to injuries and sitting on the couch losing gains....lift in the 6 to 12 range...youll get bigger and stronger....maxes are just a dangerous ego stroke

by the way...don't do maxes noob...no one cares how strong you think you are....that thought process leads to injuries and sitting on the couch losing gains....lift in the 6 to 12 range...youll get bigger and stronger....maxes are just a dangerous ego stroke

So if your max is 225, lift 175-180? Correct?

if you can easily do it more than 12 times....some would argue its too light....if you cant get it 6 times some would argue its too heavy

IML Gear Cream!
So I was just curious as to how long it takes until you start getting to the point where people really start taking notice of your muscles.

How long did you guys train until people started commenting?

You're never ginna get there

Is 40 pounds increase in bench over a 2 month period classified as good gains?

Since I started lifting seriously a little over 2 months ago, I have increased my bench press by 40 pounds.

So....you increased your bench from 0 to 40lbs? :loser2:

I went up 85 pnds in three months. People who had not seen me say holly shit what the f___ are you doing. Lickly I have been very dedicated I go 5 or 6 times s week for two hours I tell them that and it all makes sense. I guess

Do not look for accolades. People like this never go far. Work hard everyday to make improvements. Be better today than you were yesterday. Do not care about what others think. Only care about improving yourself.

I seriously started lifting two years ago-my wife says I look the same....

IML Gear Cream!
That is a nice increase. However, remember that you are in this for the long haul. An increase of 1 lb a week is awesome if extrapolated of two or more years.

I went up 85 pnds in three months. People who had not seen me say holly shit what the f___ are you doing. Lickly I have been very dedicated I go 5 or 6 times s week for two hours I tell them that and it all makes sense. I guess

5 or 6 times for two hours? Ummm, that's like 12 hours of training a week. You will be a wreck soon enough.

You are so right giss. About three weeks ago I hit a wall. I felt like shit. I took off three days and never felt better. I added legs a month ago so now I have chest, shoulders, ads and triceps, back and biceps, legs abs. I go two days off a day then usually a sat or Sunday workout depending on how I feel. I was just doing back biceps and chest triceps for like 8 months almost everyday occasionally twice a day. That's a bad formula. But I never felt like this in my life with.

You are so right giss. About three weeks ago I hit a wall. I felt like shit. I took off three days and never felt better. I added legs a month ago so now I have chest, shoulders, ads and triceps, back and biceps, legs abs. I go two days off a day then usually a sat or Sunday workout depending on how I feel. I was just doing back biceps and chest triceps for like 8 months almost everyday occasionally twice a day. That's a bad formula. But I never felt like this in my life with.

So you seem like a nice enough dude so I'm going to be real with you. The only thing guys on here can tell you is 1 or 2 things, sometimes both though, their experience with their own body and/or the literature. At the end of they day you will still have to feel your way through a lot of bullshit before you'll really know anything (respectfully). Not about "working out" but your own body. Running yourself into the ground is one way of doing it, but unnecessary. As far as I, played sports until 20 (took a beating), then switched to weight lifting as a primary way of "exercise". Multiple torn muscles, torn ligaments, herniations, fucking name it. Never had an end game in mind so it was never enough. I had my first invasive surgery as a result of chasing volume and numbers instead of just seeing the value in the work itself. Having said that, chill out, you have all the time in the world to tare a muscle.

I see wisdom in what your saying one step at a time take it day at a time enjoy the process. I get it the real truth of the matter is my oldest son challenge me to who could bench 301st and it gave me unreal motivation and that is what has blessed me with coming back to the gym and being very consistent with working out and my diet so i will be eternally grateful to my oldest son. We called off the challenge my old shoulder injury from being a linebacker reared its ugly head. Thank you for your honest input

One other question i am at a plateau with flat bench my last set is 315 3 wraps is there a way for me to get through that plateau

that's a pretty funny question (but I guess it's probably what everyone wants, right?). haha. i don't know about people commenting on my muscles, but I'd say it took about 3 months of solid lifting before I saw really noticeable changes in muscle growth and definition. Fat loss, you can usually tell a lot faster, like 4-8 weeks depending on your nutrition plan and training. Definitely different for everybody.

Back