• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

I need to stop failing

xenomorph8472

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been back into westside conjugate training for 2 months now, after 4 months of progressive training. What I miss about progressive is the mental aspect of knowing what weight I had to hit on the exact same movement I did a couple of days before. I could zone in for days, each plate I shoveled away, each hard pull at the water bottle, each extra hour of sleep I could get was there to add 5 pounds to my next 3-5RM.

2 months into conjugate, I finding myself missing ME lifts almost every session, and the toll on my nervous system is getting bad. Last night I woke up every 30 minutes all night, after missing two attempts on raw max effort squats against chains earlier in the day, and I'm pretty much in a daze today. I set a decent PR on the prior set that I made before the miss, but still, I failed on an extra 10 pounds. A week prior, I missed a max squat triple.

How the hell am I supposed to keep track of what weight I can expect to be hitting, when I literally haven't done the movement in months? Sometimes its in gear, sometimes it's raw. Total motor pattern confusion.

sounds like he's going over the deep end

Try recording your lifts,
this way you can scroll back on your youtube channel and see what you did last time you performed that lift.

Possibly ill have to run the routines long enough to actually do them a couple of times before i can "get smart" about the variations

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

I know this thread is old but.

Westside is not the end all be all... Try other things, braindan Lilly used it for years and not does not why? Cuz of the same thing that happening to you. You need to modify it to suit your needs. On paper all the heavy heavy looks good but there comes a point where it just doin what your told dont work... WS training is a tinplate not the rule.

iv used Chinese for my shoulders and liked what I was seeing/getting from it. With that method you are workin to today's potential not what the math says you should...

I know this thread is old but.

Westside is not the end all be all... Try other things, braindan Lilly used it for years and not does not why? Cuz of the same thing that happening to you. You need to modify it to suit your needs. On paper all the heavy heavy looks good but there comes a point where it just doin what your told dont work... WS training is a tinplate not the rule.

iv used Chinese for my shoulders and liked what I was seeing/getting from it. With that method you are workin to today's potential not what the math says you should...

Yeah but the programming our gym uses is west side based

Yes, "based" is the operative word. You use it as a "base" and make changes to suit you from there.

Yes, "based" is the operative word. You use it as a "base" and make changes to suit you from there.

Well my changes are going splendidly :)

He will come along he hasn't even been training six months straight yet

Cool, as long as things are goin in the right direction... How's your training comin?

after my ankle is healed I might think about traing for another PL comp... Don't know when but thinkin about it.

IML Gear Cream!
Cool, as long as things are goin in the right direction... How's your training comin?

after my ankle is healed I might think about traing for another PL comp... Don't know when but thinkin about it.

My training is going really well.

My squat is steady rising.
My bench I think hit rock bottom but my new training cycle started and if I stay on my diet it should pay off... Lots of volume.
My deadlift has been a problem child for quite a bit... So we are abandoning ship on conventional and moving to sumo. I have been doing a boat load of glute work

The big issue is my glutes don't fire properly when I pull, judging how sore I been lately I thinking my glutes are learning

Back