• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Lifting shoes

DUB73

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Looking to buy a new pair of lifting shoes. I am between Nike Romaleos and the Reebok lifter plus. Anyone have pro's and con's? I am leaning toward the Nike.

I've only gone barefoot or converse for over 10 years. Never tried an oly lifting shoe.

Converse are pretty flat. Probably not bad. The new shoes actually have a great amount of support and flat bottom. I have a buddy who got the reebok's and says it was the best thing since cooked chicken.

I'm still trying to figure out what came before cooked chicken. I really don't think people were eating raw chicken bro. See there was loaf bread. Then someone decided to pre-slice it and sell it sliced. It revolutionized the baking industry as we know it. If someone said..."This is the best thing since canned chicken!" it might be close but I really don't think canned chicken is that good. Maybe the best thing since rotisserie chicken? I'll buy that. Rotisserie chicken is pretty spectacular with the right seasoning. I'm glad we hashed this out brother.:owned:

I accept the Stupid comment. To argue this, just because I enjoy reading your enormous amount of knowledge a candid approach to any post on the board. Chicken has only been domesticated for so long. How long? since maybe 500BC. So since 500BC chicken has been being cooked and eaten. Before that, No chicken to cook. The wild animal was not domesticated, cooked or eaten. So technically it could fit. Stupid yes. Why am I still talking about cooked chicken? Fuck, I am hungry.

I picked up the Adidas Adi powers. Which for the most part is identical to the Nike Romaleos. I love this shoe. Your foot just feels so much more planted and solid in this shoe. No lateral movement whatsoever. Used to use it only for squats at first. Now i like it for anything where you need to create a base. They have found their way to all of my workouts. Yes, i feel more planted on the bench press, no joke. OHP feels better as well. Deadlifts are still better barefoot or in chucks. That said I've been dead lifting in them as well to create a SLIGHT deficit. Hoping when i go back to flat foot it will have some carry over.

I picked up the Adidas Adi powers. Which for the most part is identical to the Nike Romaleos. I love this shoe. Your foot just feels so much more planted and solid in this shoe. No lateral movement whatsoever. Used to use it only for squats at first. Now i like it for anything where you need to create a base. They have found their way to all of my workouts. Yes, i feel more planted on the bench press, no joke. OHP feels better as well. Deadlifts are still better barefoot or in chucks. That said I've been dead lifting in them as well to create a SLIGHT deficit. Hoping when i go back to flat foot it will have some carry over.

That is all good news. I was more focused on squats for the shoes. I guess they are very heavy. I will go try on some Romaleos on today. I will look into the Adi Powers too.

Thanks for the post

I started with Pendlay oly shoes, I moved to the Reebok Lifter and couldn't be happier, my training partner uses the Nike Romaleos and he loves them, they make a huge difference for me on heavy cleans and front squats

IML Gear Cream!
I know this is becoming an old thread but I was just going to state that my brother (a strongman/powerlifter) has two training partners that went with the Reeboks and seem to really enjoy them. A third individual purchased another brand (not recalling) and ended up going back barefoot for whatever reason. .02 cents and worth only that haha

Back