• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

umbilical hernia surgery

IML Gear Cream!
Who's had it? Recovery time? Tell me now gdi
Depends on your will and body's abality to recover. I have had two major surgeries to my gut,one was a plug that lasted from 2002 to 2011 than in 2012 had a multipal hernies repaired with the newer screen and tit staples,it is still holding,but i now have another hernier surfacing just above the mesh screen. Now to your question,from 4 wks to 12 wks depending on how active you want to be,but what to stay away from once back to lifting ( leg press) any kind,not for at least 6 months after surgery,squats are ok,as long as you go fairly light weight,say 40-50% of your max weight,just run much higher reps and the best form you can muster. Good luck

Can you see any hernia in those pics?
attachment.php

I got a paraumbelical hernia about 10 weeks ago when going for 520lbs deadlift. It is tiny, of a size of BB gun bullet, I am having it repaired in October.
It never caused me any pain or discomfort, I got myself a hernia support belt and I keep lifting as heavy as I used to. In those 10 weeks it has not gotten any bigger.

As for recovery time I guess it depends on the size of the hernia, I know a kid at my gym who just had paraumbelical hernia repaired, his was slightly bigger than mine, he said it was a ball 4th of an inch in diameter sticking out from his navel.
2 weeks post surgery and he was back at the gym, doing light, mostly seated exercises that do not involve core muscles. He did not look like he fully recovered thought, kept holding his abs after each set. I spoke to him again at 4 weeks post surgery, he seemed much better, the discomfort was gone but he was going to stick to light weights for another 2 weeks and then slowly add weight.
typlically they develope just above the belley button,i know i have 4 right now,3 repaired and one that just started two months ago,above my last patch.

yzyraqa8.jpg

This picture sucks, but imagine half a golf ball sticking out.

Surgery was a breeze, about three hours in and out. Pain is minimal. I can do a lot, as long as flexing my core isn't involved. I went to work the next day, just took it easy.

Cool. Mine is tomorrow. I took a week off for it and hoping that's long enough. My surgery will be more complicated but I think it's all relative.

Thanks bro, appreciate that.

IML Gear Cream!
Great news bro! Your healing well, your incision looks very healthy and before long....... GTG! Hunglow.. hang in there. I think you can tell the hardest part is slowing up your training!

Congrats on your recovery LG. I have a consult with the surgeon on Monday for the same procedure. However mine should have been done about two years ago. more than likely its going to be complicated.

Thanks for the kind words fellas. Hung lo, what's up bro? Ichigo, how did it go?
ne8ydy8y.jpg

Not too bad really. Went back to work today. I have a desk job so it went ok. Still have some slight pain but pain pill keeps it in check. I see surgeon on Oct 1st, until then I can't lift more than 20 pounds. That's the part that sucks the most.

Helo everyone, new to "IM" I recently posted this topic on T-Nation and got no response. I developed an Umbillical Hernia about a month ago about the size of marble and when it pops out it pertrudes into the navel. I am able to push it back in but it does get to be a pain in the ass and its seems the leaner I get the harder it is and the more I have to keep pushing it in. What really sucks is that I have made some great gains and worry about the down time from training. Doctor said as long as I can push it in don't worry about it unless I absolutely want the surgery. After seeing and reading what you guys posted I would think get it done while it is small. Would that be a correct assumption.

No I would wait until it really bothers you. Mine was softball size when I had it repaired. Reason I say that is because it can reoccur fairly easily so you might as well put it off as long as you can. My recovery time was 8 weeks.

Softball size is crazy. I don't want it to get like that and that's what worries me. Little scar versus big scar or are they all repaired through a small incision. Thanks for the reply

So it's 3 months.. I'm back to 405 dead.. 315 for 10 squats... And 305 bench press... I go 5 to 6 days a week.... The light is at the end of the tunnel fellas... I got video if you wanna see my. Recovery lifts

Softball size is crazy. I don't want it to get like that and that's what worries me. Little scar versus big scar or are they all repaired through a small incision. Thanks for the reply

They are repaired through small incision -- unless complications. My scars are from different surgeries than hernia repair so you don't have to worry about big ones like mine.

I had my surgery for the imbilical hernia 8/16. Began high rep/ low weight workouts end of sept. My surgeon lifted weight lifting limits end of oct. I am at 80 percent lifting now . I am keeping at 10-12 reps and i am fine.

IML Gear Cream!
I had the surgery 20 yrs ago. Make sure you take laxatives from the get go if the doc doesn't prescribe any. You won't be able to put the normal pressure to take a crap for several days. You DO NOT want to wait 5 days to take a dump like I did. Brutal.

Back