• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Muscle mass loss. Need help.

9ThFlightOut

Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am near 60 years of age and over the last year or so I have really seen a loss of muscle mass. I have had a number of blood tests and nothing unusual shows up, other than low B12. I have been injecting B12 for the last several months and I don’t see any improvement. I will be retiring soon (forced) due to a job elimination, but this has nothing to do with my loss of muscle mass. The problem with my muscles started many months before I knew about my job being eliminated. I am 6'2" and 135 lbs. I have been working out (weight lifting and elliptical) and have changed my diet for the better. I am trying to get healthy before I retire. The problem is that I am so weak. I used to bench 270 lbs in a 10 rep 3 series each day (that was in my 20s). Now I have a problem with 100 lb 10 3 rep series. I know I need HGH and perhaps other supplements, but I am new to this forum (only forum that I am a member of) and don’t know where to start. Can anyone help me? I also don’t have a lot of $, but due to my problem I am willing to do anything (within reason). For the first time in my life, I am actually scared. I am having such a difficult time with this aging issue. Thanks you so much in advance. 9ThFlightOut.

Your 6'2 and weigh 135#? First thing you need to do is start eating bro. 60 years old is no excuse for anything around here as we have lots of members in that age bracket. What you need to realize is that all supplements are just that: they are meant to supplement what you're currently doing. No supplement can help you add muscle mass if you're not eating enough. Figure out how many calories you need a day to maintain weight then start by eating about 500 calories more than that. Or just start eating about 2500 calories a day then start adjusting from there. You of course need to be lifting weights 4-5 days a week.
You should probably weigh between 225 and 250 pounds so set a goal to get up around 225 then come back and let us know how the muscles are coming along. If your eating enough and lifting enough you will start to see an overall improvement in just a few months.

Back