• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Anyone heard of pea protein

jeffnalma

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I take whey protein but my mother in law sent me a bottle of pea protein. does anyone know about it and if I should add it with my whey? any answers would help me out. thnx guys.

Pea protein is typically used by vegans and also those with lactose sensitivities. There would be no advantage that I can see to mixing the two, unless of course you want to use up the pea protein and can't stomach the taste of it on it's own. The amino acid profile of pea protein isolate compared to whey protein isolate is lacking overall, but by all means if whey is causing a problem pea would be a good substitute. I've used it on and off the last 3 years or so and I am sensitive to whey, even products that are filtered and claim lactose free cause a problem, whereas with pea I get no bloating.

Pea protein isn't my favorite by any means but if given a free tub of it I'd use it. In my limited experience with it, who mfgs it makes a big difference in the taste but overall its not awful.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Mercola sells it. It's also used by people cutting out dairy; highly inflammatory, acid forming, balancing pH, hormones & antibiotics in non-organic.

Peas have a lot of protein. I don't think they have a complete amino profile though being a veg protein. You could probably buy a ham and a couple bags of dry split peas and some chicken broth for like $15 and eat like a fucking king for a week. Ham sandwhiches. Macncheese with ham and broccolli. Ham and sweet potatoes. Ham and eggs.

i never heard of pea protein before. but i think it worth a try!

Back