• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Republicans take over the Senate and keep the House

IML Gear Cream!
^^ reality is parents pay most of college tuition and the loan is closer to 40k with a monthly payment of 350, parents buy kid a car so no payment and on liability but somehow said student doesnt have any money because they blow it on booze and weed,, TRUE

You can blame the government all you want, but if you want something in this life, you'll do something and get it. How bout some more personal responsibility for where you are and a little less blaming everyone else. I grew up in a single wide mobile home in rural alabama, poor as hell, and went to a poorly funded public school system. I know people who I grew up with who still live in that shit and are raising their children in it. Me, I make about 5x yearly what my dad made every year at his highest level of income and I'm 30 years old and not close to done yet. Blame the Republicans, the Democrats, Bush, Obama, minimum wage, Walmart, filthy rich people, because all that means is your happy not getting what you want as long as you have somebody to point the finger at. It's all bullshit excuses because you're too lazy, sorry, or too much of a fucking pussy to go get what you want. Of course your environment plays a role, but the most important thing determining where you end up is you. Take some personal responsibility. Fuck.

Where do you live? People out here apprentice in the trades for 3-4 years and come out as journeymen making $60/hr base. All the engineers I know are starting at least at 110k a year base out of school. The fucking vac truck drivers are pulling in $35/hr and you sure as hell don't have to much smarter to do that than you do to work at Walmart.

where do you live?

According to NACE, that's the top-paying bachelor's degree with a salary of $96,200. The next two highest-paying majors are also engineering degrees: computer engineering at $70,300 and chemical engineering at $66,900. NACE released two tables this week showing earnings for 2013 graduates.

Alberta. Those numbers are usually way off of base. If you're working for a small shitty company in a shitty industry maybe they're true. Chemical eng. techs out here start at 80K+, never mind a professional one.

Post up a source then.

Here are the NACE numbers on top discipline starting salaries.

disciplines2.jpg

This is just a quick google for one unions collective agreement. My source's are all of my friends, family, and coworkers from all over this province.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...SFc2_MI_A3ZEfhCW_fQJMDg&bvm=bv.79189006,d.aWw

Links not working, just google this "IBEW 424 Collective Agreement"

Here's another place I worked at, it's a bit different though. They even state in the article that most guys make about 1k a day. That was what I started at straight out of school. With 3-5 years experience you'd be making triple that.

http://www.businessinsider.com/a-tour-of-cenovus-energys-in-situ-christina-lake-facility-2012-5?op=1

Neither link works for me. But anyway, maybe your friends and family do better than the average starting salary. I have a feeling what you are showing me is not starting salary. I have a lot of friends in engineering and am in science myself. My brother and my son are engineers. My son started out at a little over 70k about 8 years ago and that was probably a bit better than most back then. He busted his ass. Now he makes more than double that. Bottom line, the point i am making is you have to be smart. You're going to be in a hole coming out of collage and that hole is going to be deeper unless you go about it smart. Engineering is one of the better fields and if you work your ass off you can do pretty well. But if you go to college and get a degree in English plan to suffer a long time with your student loan debt.

160,000 in school debt for a mechanical engineer better be at Harvard. Not even close to reality

160,000 in school debt for a mechanical engineer better be at Harvard. Not even close to reality

It sure is if they are assuming all of the debt themselves. Top schools cost a bundle these days and Ivy League schools are even more expensive. One of my buddies has 2 kids in St Joes University which is in Philly tuition there is $40k a year. And once you tack on room and board, etc. your adding on another $10k.

http://www.sju.edu/information/undergraduate-tuition

For an Ivy League school like Harvard it's probably closer to $60K a year with room and board.

You can blame the government all you want, but if you want something in this life, you'll do something and get it. How bout some more personal responsibility for where you are and a little less blaming everyone else. I grew up in a single wide mobile home in rural alabama, poor as hell, and went to a poorly funded public school system. I know people who I grew up with who still live in that shit and are raising their children in it. Me, I make about 5x yearly what my dad made every year at his highest level of income and I'm 30 years old and not close to done yet. Blame the Republicans, the Democrats, Bush, Obama, minimum wage, Walmart, filthy rich people, because all that means is your happy not getting what you want as long as you have somebody to point the finger at. It's all bullshit excuses because you're too lazy, sorry, or too much of a fucking pussy to go get what you want. Of course your environment plays a role, but the most important thing determining where you end up is you. Take some personal responsibility. Fuck.

This is the typical rhetoric out of somebody with zero working knowledge of economics, theoretical capitalism or U.S history as it pertains to economics and especially the dollar hedge-money.

This is the typical rhetoric out of somebody with zero working knowledge of economics, theoretical capitalism or U.S history as it pertains to economics and especially the dollar hedge-money.

Maybe you should run for president in 2016.

IML Gear Cream!
If LAM can bring back some industry, change the way national elections are funded to public money only, bring back Glass-Steagall, and audit the Federal Reserve without getting assassinated he has my vote as well. I don't think there is a human alive today that could get even these 4 things accomplished and I'm sure the free market far right wack-offs think these 4 issues are far left and crazy.

You ck always tell the ones who are living vicariously through others.

Just because your BOSS allows you to use his suite tickets when he and his real buddies are away for that weekend game doesn't mean your part of the wealthy.

Just because you play professional sports and make millions only makes you a poor person with a little money that 9 times out of 10 will be all gone in most cases.

So again the system is set up to keep the rich richer and the poor fighting for crumbs regardless of race.

Then you have theses assclown who continue to think people don't want to work...they are lazy and all the other bullshit you hear on FOX NEWS but never want to discuss how qualified females and minorities who have the education and skill to do certain jobs never get hired.

The fucking student loan schemes are total ripping offs. Like the one poster explained. ..you finish college already in debt for life. Did you think this shot Just happens...no it does not...the people working in the college's got kick backs for helping students get deeper in debt from the damn loans. I know one woman who tried to pay her loan off and they penalized her so much it would be cheaper for hee to just pay it out over 30 more years....

Wake up.... if you don't make over 300k then you are considered poor like all the rest.

I totally agree...some just don't have a fucking clue

:coffee:

I never disagreed that we have some crooked people in charge of this country and that the system is broken, and things are leveraged to help the rich and shit on the poor. The tax system is full of loopholes for corporations. The government is not the way it was designed by our founders in the beginning. The FDA and EPA are used to control business practices masked behind consumer and environmental safety. It's all fucked up and it's fucked up bad.

But for everybody who wants to flame me for telling you to take control of your own life, what are you doing to fix the problem? You are probably voting, waiting for change, and bitching about all of these things that are outside of your control. When you focus on things you can't control, you can't move forward. It's only when you do something about the things that you can control that you can progress and excel. It's true in your finances and your career and it's true in bodybuilding.

The guy who blames his schedule, children, work, and other things for not eating, training and resting properly doesn't make progress. He falls short with someone to blame. The guy who makes no excuses and makes it happen, moves forward. Which guy are you in bodybuilding? And which one are you in your career? Perhaps it's also the government's fault that you work so much that you don't have time to train and eat properly. How far do you want to take this shit? To your conception? If the government would've given your mom some birth control maybe you wouldn't be on here bitching about all this shit that you're doing nothing about. Or she could take personal responsibility and swallowed you instead of blaming the government.

I don't like the term "income inequality". It's a bullshit term. People get paid according to skill and work ethic, period. If people want to work they will have a job.

There is far more going on out there.
The income part of the term income inequality', not only means direct compensation for work, it also refers to passive income received from financial instruments like capital gains, dividends on investments and the effects of stock buybacks on stock prices.
Most stock on the open market is owned by people in the upper economic class.
They are the ones that are benefiting the most from the 'new economy'.

The income from passive income sources is not being 'trickled down' by the people in the upper economic classes.
Thus supply side economics verbiage that states that a rising ship raises all boats is no longer valid.

The proof of rising 'income inequality' from income from passive investments is seen in the economic numbers that illustrate a growing gap between the total wealth of the upper economic classes in comparison with the total wealth of the middle class and working poor economic classes.

Due to globalization and the associated wage harmonization from off-shoring that corporations have implemented to increase corporate profits aka trading jobs for profits, there is a dynamic shift in the global job market that is causing downward pressure on U.S. worker compensation and benefits.

U.S. workers are now competing in a global job market with workers that are being paid very low wages in countries in which the cost of and standard of living is much lower.

This is termed ' the race to the bottom'.

If people get paid according to skills , education and work hours required, why do people in China and other countries working for the some company in manufacturing, Information Technology, Engineering and other jobs that were off-shored from the U.S., make far less than people who held those jobs in the U.S if the skills, education, and work hours required are the same to produce the same product or service for a corporation?

The capital benefit derived from the above is being delivered to the upper economic classes and is related to the increased flow of passive income ( capital) to the upper economic classes due to wage harmonization.
It is being delivered in part from capital gains, dividend income and stock buybacks that are increasing due to the lower cost of resources.

In addition, capital gains and dividends are taxed at a lower tax rate than income received from wages.
The more income you receive from passive sources of income, the less taxes you pay on your sources of income.

That is why Buffett stated that he pays a less effective tax rate on his source of income than his secretary does on hers.

Someone making say 50k a year in salary, will pay a higher effective tax rate on their income than a billionaire receiving most of their income in passive income gained from owning shares of stock.

Last edited:
Yah I agree with that but my point is there are lot of good paying jobs out there. They just might not all be located on some sunny beach city. Those numbers I gave you are starting numbers for out here, why the hell would I lie about it? It's not like I'm going to gain anything from it. We are sitting on one of the worlds largest deposits of oil..

Your employment situation is much different then ours plus we have 10x the population as you guys do. If I was a younger guy that worked in the trades oil/gas extraction, etc. would be were I would go just to build up a little nest egg then try to find something I liked. It takes certain types of people to do that kind of work, its certainly not for everyone.

Your employment situation is much different then ours plus we have 10x the population as you guys do. If I was a younger guy that worked in the trades oil/gas extraction, etc. would be were I would go just to build up a little nest egg then try to find something I liked. It takes certain types of people to do that kind of work, its certainly not for everyone.

It does take a certain type of person. They're called go-getters. If you want it you'll get it.

But there's a deeper issue here that I believe you're missing. If your mom would've swallowed you wouldn't have to face this struggle.

That's what I am doing. You're right though, lots of people don't like working long hours, lots of overtime, or in cold weather. They're the ones usually scrapping by.

Where's the like button? Thanks for being willing to do what it takes!

IML Gear Cream!
I don't like the term "income inequality". It's a bullshit term. People get paid according to skill and work ethic, period. If people want to work they will have a job.

Nonfarm Business Sector: Labor Share (PRS85006173) - FRED - St. Louis Fed
http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/PRS85006173

The top 1% has been grabbing a larger and larger share of the economic pie the past 50 years as a larger share of the national income is being diverted into profits of which are going to a very small percentage of the workforce. The expansion of debt and credit has been increased since the late 70's and 80's to compensate for lagging and falling wages once adjusted for inflation.

50 years ago when the U.S was still leading the world in industrial capacity output the manufacturing sector accounted for about 40% of corporate profits and employed almost 40% of the total U.S workforce. Today the financial sector is taking home roughly 35% of corporate profits and only employs 5% of the total workforce.

And it is not the natural function of capitalism or the markets but of policy and intent. Specific policy was enacted to shift the nations income and wealth into the hands of a very small group of people. I think it's safe to say the economic and social consequences of this are fairly obvious. With the concentration of wealth comes political power which means policy enacted will only go to serve the welfare of those at the top. It's a downward economic and social death spiral.

personal experience here, my step daughter we bought her a car, paid for college and she drops out only to work a jamba juice making minimum, I researched jobs for her and pointed her to an opportunity and the dumb ho says I like where I'm at and like hanging out with my friends. bottom line is some people arent meant to be college grads or high earners, they are where they are for lack of ambition to grow.
crack heads smoking weed in my alley, do we even need to go there, they will never get a job. make all the statistics you want and say these poor people are stuck but they are commiting the exact behavior that keeps them there. true story!

personal experience here, my step daughter we bought her a car, paid for college and she drops out only to work a jamba juice making minimum, I researched jobs for her and pointed her to an opportunity and the dumb ho says I like where I'm at and like hanging out with my friends. bottom line is some people arent meant to be college grads or high earners, they are where they are for lack of ambition to grow.
crack heads smoking weed in my alley, do we even need to go there, they will never get a job. make all the statistics you want and say these poor people are stuck but they are commiting the exact behavior that keeps them there. true story!
Trust me...been there done that...paved the way for mine... no matter what you do as a parent if you have given your kids a great life it spoils them... the don't want to work hard for shit...

I don't give a damn either

Post up a source then.

Here are the NACE numbers on top discipline starting salaries.

disciplines2.jpg

my husband is a low level chemical engineer...he makes 90k a yr...he started at 60k a yr with full bennies as a technician some 7 yrs ago

for my particular breed of science degree I wouldnt make more than 30k a yr because its all research for my field....stopping at that degree wasn't the long term plan but thats what happened.

I never disagreed that we have some crooked people in charge of this country and that the system is broken, and things are leveraged to help the rich and shit on the poor. The tax system is full of loopholes for corporations. The government is not the way it was designed by our founders in the beginning. The FDA and EPA are used to control business practices masked behind consumer and environmental safety. It's all fucked up and it's fucked up bad.

But for everybody who wants to flame me for telling you to take control of your own life, what are you doing to fix the problem? You are probably voting, waiting for change, and bitching about all of these things that are outside of your control. When you focus on things you can't control, you can't move forward. It's only when you do something about the things that you can control that you can progress and excel. It's true in your finances and your career and it's true in bodybuilding.

The guy who blames his schedule, children, work, and other things for not eating, training and resting properly doesn't make progress. He falls short with someone to blame. The guy who makes no excuses and makes it happen, moves forward. Which guy are you in bodybuilding? And which one are you in your career? Perhaps it's also the government's fault that you work so much that you don't have time to train and eat properly. How far do you want to take this shit? To your conception? If the government would've given your mom some birth control maybe you wouldn't be on here bitching about all this shit that you're doing nothing about. Or she could take personal responsibility and swallowed you instead of blaming the government.

Quit being so angry. You sound like the guy I work with. He's angry that everyone makes more than he does, nobody works harder than he does, nobody pays more in taxes than he does, etc. I do essentially the same job he does but with a few more responsibilities and I make nearly three times what he gets. I'm probably the best paid in the world at this job, no bullshit. He made sure to show me how much he makes, I almost laughed in his face. If he had any idea what I get paid he'd blow his fucking brains out.

Quit being so angry. You sound like the guy I work with. He's angry that everyone makes more than he does, nobody works harder than he does, nobody pays more in taxes than he does, etc. I do essentially the same job he does but with a few more responsibilities and I make nearly three times what he gets. I'm probably the best paid in the world at this job, no bullshit. He made sure to show me how much he makes, I almost laughed in his face. If he had any idea what I get paid he'd blow his fucking brains out.

A big problem with this country is that people don't take responsibility for themselves.

Sounds like you're not one of those people. I don't see you blaming anybody for where you are in life.

The bottom line is that there are two types of people in this world, people who make excuses and people who make progress.

It's not anger, but it is frustrating to see people who blame their environment for where they are when there are too many living examples of people who have pulled themselves out of the gutter and have been able to overcome their environment.

A big problem with this country is that people don't take responsibility for themselves.

Sounds like you're not one of those people. I don't see you blaming anybody for where you are in life.

The bottom line is that there are two types of people in this world, people who make excuses and people who make progress.

It's not anger, but it is frustrating to see people who blame their environment for where they are when there are too many living examples of people who have pulled themselves out of the gutter and have been able to overcome their environment.

It is anger. Go back and read what you've posted. Being angry at someone is like eating poison and expecting the other person to die. That's a Buddha quote or paraphrase. It's also letting them live in your head rent free. Don't want them having free stuff? Take away their place in your head.

What if I told you there are systems set up for people to fail regardles of how hard they work or what type of education they attain...

What if I told you there are rich people of all ethnic groups that create 8 or more hour jobs to keep people from realizing what is really going on.

Dude your still focused on someone having excuses instead of understanding some things are created to look a certain way

Last edited:
What if I told you there are systems set up for people to fail regardles of how hard they work or what type of education they attain...

What if I told you there are rich people of all ethnic groups that create 8 or more hour jobs to keep people from realizing what is really going on.

Dude your still focused on someone having excuses instead of understanding some things are created to look a certain way

What are YOU doing to make it better? What can YOU do to make it better? Not a lot. Neither can I.

So why not focus on something that improves your situation instead of something that's not going to change anything soon?

That's all I'm getting at.

I admitted in an earlier post that the government is corrupt. The elite are corrupt. I can't change that and it'll be a while before things change fundamentally. It may take a revolution and the start of a new government. What I can do though is focus on my situation and what I can do to improve it. I don't want to settle because of corrupt people and I won't. Even with all that is wrong in our country there are much worse places to be. Believe it or not you were blessed to be born here. When's the last time you were worried about how you'd get your next meal or where you'd sleep? If you're not worried about that then you're richer than most of the planet. You don't have poor people problems, you have rich people problems and things are far out of perspective for you because you, like we all as Americans are, are spoiled and lack perspective. If you're over 40k a year you're above the top 10% of wage earners in the world.

Back