• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

whats your max on bench,squat,deadlift

IML Gear Cream!
I love my kid, I don't like his bullshit.

that's like Reno 911 "I'd take a bullet for my partner.But I don't take shit from my partner."

Very few people here are into powerlifting. Check out elitefitness.com. There's a forum dedicated just to powerlifting. You might find more relevant information there.

Currently, my max bench is about zero, I can't deadlift either and squating is out of the question.

Injuries suck.

Where have you been?

I tore my rotator cuff very badly and has surgery two weeks ago. 5 months of rehab.

I remember reading something about you having a shoulder problem, but I didn't realize the severity of the injury. Here's to a speedy recovery!

age 30
bench 465
sqaut 550 x 5
deadlifts 585 x 5

weight 210 -215

Good luck with that TP :thumb: I didn't realize how dangerous a rotator cuff injury can be until I did some damage to mine. Nothing major but I have been taking some time off lately and I have been seeing a chiropractor who does Active Release Technique as well. I am probably going to start lifting again next week. I hope no surgery for me :shake:

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks. I have heard good things about ART.

Unfortunately, I tore mine about as bad as you can tear it.

Sorry to hear about that Twin Peaks hope you recover well and soon.It just reminds everyone how dangerous lifting can be at times.I second the motion-injuries suck big time.

Originally posted by Twin Peak
Thanks. I have heard good things about ART.

Unfortunately, I tore mine about as bad as you can tear it.
I know you've probably been asked this a billion times( a billion and one now), but how did u tear it?

Tendon degenration over years. It snapped while doing a max bench press.

It snapped while doing a max bench press.

Exactly why I do not do them. ;)

TP do you ever do specific exercises for your rotator cuffs? It's a common mistake among lifters/bodybuilders to neglect them. I also learned the hard way, but luckily I did not injur them bad enough that surgery was necessary.

Originally posted by Prince

TP do you ever do specific exercises for your rotator cuffs? It's a common mistake among lifters/bodybuilders to neglect them. I also learned the hard way, but luckily I did not injur them bad enough that surgery was necessary.

Same here...learned the hard way. Now I do rotator exercises weekly just like anything else.

Originally posted by Prince

No, I never did. I do now, and will always in the future.

Shitty lessen.

I have to admit I have only been doing rotator work sporadically, for shame. I think its easy to hit a set or two after your delt workout.

Tendon degenration over years. It snapped while doing a max bench press.

Crap, is that to say we are nearly all going to suffer that? That is why there are certain compounds I would never touch. Are you going to take anything for this, glucosamine chondroitin or something?

I have been taking very high doses of glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, ALCAR, Carnosine, and Leptigen (which contains many beneficial ingredients for this purpose.

IML Gear Cream!
I used to want to try Shark Cartilage but I dont know if that is still considered a good supplement for this.

I have been using FlexAnew witch has glucosamine, chondroitin & MSM. Its a fairly inexpensive product and after my rotator cuff scare I find it something I don't want to cheap out on. My injury came while doing a DB chest press, not even a max rep.

thinks deadlift thatll help me out alot ,hard as snails ur pretty damn strong ithe truth ..how much do you dead lift captain???

Originally posted by heavyweight1987
thinks deadlift thatll help me out alot ,hard as snails ur pretty damn strong ithe truth ..how much do you dead lift captain???

Can you give up on the max lifts? :rolleyes:

I'm 14, 5'6 and 110lbs. I can bench 130 and and squat 265.I could probly squat more but that's all the weight I have. And that's plus my bar, I don't know how much it weighs though.

About 25 for a 6 foot standard bar, and 45 for a 7 foot Olympic.

Do most people include the bars weight when tracking lifts

Originally posted by heavyweight1987
how much do you dead lift captain???

My last two deadlift workouts were 405 for 5x5 and 415 for 6x3. The highest I ever hit was 465, but that was 7-8 years ago and I only got it one time. I haven't been able to exceed 445 in recent years.

I like powerlifting and putting up heavy weights and all that but really it doesn't matter. Right now I've got try to build a foundation and not injure myself. I wanted to train like a powerlifter and all but I feel like everyones on an ego trip. I think that learning the science of bodybuilding and becoming healthier(not all powerlifters are healthy) would benefit me in the long run instead of the weights I worked with in high school. When I'm a little older I want to know more about the chemistry of the body so that when these jackass clowns come in my gym and have horrible form and thrown on 8 plates and scream every 10 seconds I can focus on my training and the fact that my 200lb lean tan body will be fucking a beautiful woman. Instead of going on forums and telling people that I full squat weight that I can't even half, and thinking that people give a shit about what weight I used, what sports I played, or how cool I looked...... in high school.

Back