• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Weak on TRT ????

SUKS2BU

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have been on TRT for about 5 months now I started out on 200mg week for 3 months then was moved up to 240mg week 2 months ago. I have been working out 4 days a week lifting and cardio 3 days a week. I was making good gains until about a month ago. All of a sudden I feel tired and out of energy. My bench and barbell curls have gone down 10 pounds and I just feel weak. I think it might be that I am under eating and doing to much cardio. A long story short 2 years ago I was a fat ass and lost 65 pounds then I realized I was a weakling so I started weight training. I eat clean and watch my calories normally about 1500 a day but always under 2000. I started eating more a few days ago hoping it would make a difference but nothing yet. Any ideas?
I am 43 years old 5'8" 200 pounds about 15% bf. I have noticed that even though I feel weak when I look in the mirror I am still seeing gains in my arms and other areas. Another note after a hard workout I would feel it for a day but now the last month they never seem to recover. I take a ton of supplements and would appreciate any help. I was planing on starting my first cycle in a few months but need to get this taken care of first. I am sure I am forgetting something.

Get soem blood work done. Also an active recovery might be a good idea. That's where you back off on your training but still train. Gives your body a chance to catch up and rest some.

5'8", 200lbs, and only 1500 calories a day? No wonder you can't recover. I'm 45lbs less and I eat 2700 a day. Even if you are trying to drop weight, maybe try upping the calories for a few weeks. My wife stopped losing weight at 1400 calories a day. I bumped her up to 1800 a day and she started losing weight. Eventually it stalled and so we dropped it again. Food for thought.

I have been on TRT for about 5 months now I started out on 200mg week for 3 months then was moved up to 240mg week 2 months ago. I have been working out 4 days a week lifting and cardio 3 days a week. I was making good gains until about a month ago. All of a sudden I feel tired and out of energy. My bench and barbell curls have gone down 10 pounds and I just feel weak. I think it might be that I am under eating and doing to much cardio. A long story short 2 years ago I was a fat ass and lost 65 pounds then I realized I was a weakling so I started weight training. I eat clean and watch my calories normally about 1500 a day but always under 2000. I started eating more a few days ago hoping it would make a difference but nothing yet. Any ideas?
I am 43 years old 5'8" 200 pounds about 15% bf. I have noticed that even though I feel weak when I look in the mirror I am still seeing gains in my arms and other areas. Another note after a hard workout I would feel it for a day but now the last month they never seem to recover. I take a ton of supplements and would appreciate any help. I was planing on starting my first cycle in a few months but need to get this taken care of first. I am sure I am forgetting something.

You body is in starvation mode dude, it is trying to survive on very little fuel, and shutting down unnecessary expenditures of energy. I think you will do much better eating more protein and a few carbs after your workouts. It's more about the kind of calories your consuming than the number of calories. But any way you slice it, I don't think 1500 is near enough.

Thanks guys I was thinking that it was my eating. I'm going to try and up what I eat and add some carbs to my diet. I have an appointment for tomorrow to get my blood work done and I will keep working out but not push myself as hard for a week or so and see if I start to feel any better.

I would take a week off to deload wile upping the calories. Give your body a chance to catch up. Trust me ull be glad u did. Keep your diet clean but up it calories. Mabe add some clean carbs in the meals befor you train. And make sure your getting enough protien. IMO at least 200g of protien a day if not more. You may even wana get with sombody to help put together a diet for you. If diet is off your training will be off

So my doctor emailed me my blood test results. Free testosterone is 23.1pg/ml and E2 is 24.0pg/ml. I have been trying to eat more 2500-2700 cal day but find myself going back to under 2000. Anyway my workouts have been improving some days are better then others but I'm still not back to where I was. I had not pinned for a week when the blood was drawn. I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday to see what she thinks. I have been also thinking some of my problem could be that I am just not letting my body rest enough and heal between workouts.

I've had this problem before while cruising on test, and thinking that I could get away without an anti - E. ( I hate test for this reason) Doctors who aren't really anti-aging doctors will put you on testosterone, but fail to manage your estrogen. If you are the type of person who is susceptible to testosterone being converted to E then you will straight up feel fatigued at times if not all the time. I would check that straight away. Wear some tight socks during the day and look at your legs when you take them off at night. If you have rings around your shin area you are carrying a lot of water (edema induced from Estrogen). Also I'm assuming you aren't on a DHT blocker. I don't care what anyone says -DONT take that shit. Men NEED DHT. It makes us energetic, and ferocious. You don't want to block DHT. IF you are worried about your hair or prostate then don't use Test or gear.

I never have like Female doctors who are prescribing TRT to guys. I think it's hard to talk to a female dr about it, they just don't get it.

I see your free T but what is your total?

make yourself a high cal drink to get extra if you can't eat.

IML Gear Cream!
They did not check my total test. I'm not taking a DHT blocker. It is am going to what I would call an anti aging clinic. I am going to ask about an estrogen blocker. According to Labcop my E2 is in the normal range but i don't know what is best because normal range does not mean the best range.

So I went to the doctors today and they said my test was high and reduced me to 220mg once a week down from 240mg. Although still in the normal range my rbc was 5.72, hemoglobin 17.5 and hematocrit 50.9%. They were all at the very top of the normal range. I was told to go and donate blood to thin my blood. Is this normal? I will be looking for a Red-cross blood drive and see if that helps. My workouts have been improving as I eat more. Thanks to everyone that has offered advise and welcome more if anyone has another suggestion to help with my thick blood.

You don't donate blood. You donate double red cells then they put the blood back in you. 50.9% is at the high range of normal. 54% is the ceiling.

Why don't you start carb cycling. 100-150g carbs for 3 days. Then on the 4th day you double it to like 300g and go to town. It ramps up your metabolism and you benefit from the extra calories so you can still put on muscle. Are you doing the cardio on days you workout? And what kind of cardio are you doing? How long are your training sessions? Obviously you need to eat more and workout/do cardio less. Or do lower intensity cardio just on your days off.

No I have never donated blood but it looks like I will be soon. I am lucky because as it turns out there is a Red-Cross blood collection center just a few miles from where I work. Carb cycling sounds like a good option for me most days I try to limit myself to 100 carbs. My doctor actually told me to start eating a little more today. I feel like I overdue it with cardio. I normally do an hour and 15 min's to an hour and a half every other day. I have an elliptical that I use most of the time.

Anyway like I said you should donate double red cells. Not whole blood. And an hour and a half is too much cardio IMO. 40 minutes tops. Just double your carbs every 4th day and you will be happy trust me. Honestly I would actually eat normal for a week or two. Then start carb cycling. Get some strength back.

Anyway like I said you should donate double red cells. Not whole blood. And an hour and a half is too much cardio IMO. 40 minutes tops. Just double your carbs every 4th day and you will be happy trust me. Honestly I would actually eat normal for a week or two. Then start carb cycling. Get some strength back.

So I have an appointment for tomorrow to give double red blood cells. I know I over do it with my cardio but as a former fat ass I can't help myself sometimes.

I'm not sure if you are over doing cardio. I'm an endurance athlete, and some of my cardio sessions can be anywhere from 3-6 hours long, but I've been training that way for years. You honestly could be going through a slight burnout phase. You have to mix your cardio up if you aren't a sport specific athlete. If you are just hitting a treadmill every day (or whatever) at the same gym, same everything etc...Your brain could shut down. Just get your diet in check. If one day you feel beat, then do a different type of training. I'm not sure of your athletic history, and how long you've been training. etc... So it's impossible for me or anyone else to give blanket advice, but you need to learn how your body works, and make the necessary adjustments. I can tell you one thing - in your OP you stated that you basically train 7 days a week (4 strength and 3 cardio.) You need to have at least one day off!!!!!! That would be my first suspicion - you are burning yourself out.

So l went to give blood today at the local Red Cross blood banks and they start asking me questions. The 1st was did your doctor tell you to have your blood drawn. Me not seeing where this was going said no but they suggested it. She then asked if it was because my RBC was high me still not realizing what she was doing said yes. And last she ssaid are you taking testosterone. I said yes and she told me the FDA came out with a new rule about a month ago saying that if you take test you can't donate blood. I should have seen this coming. Anyway there are several other blood donations at churches and schools over the next few weeks I'm going to try again and forget that I take test.

IML Gear Cream!
There are so many things that can be causing your problems. Stress, lack of rest, diet, dehydration, etc. TRT is not the solve all. Some days you're not all there at the gym and you have to accept that. Try not to over stress it will make things worse. Listen to your body. As far as donating blood goes I donate whole blood every two months and I swear by it. You can donate double red but then you have to wait four months to donate again so its basically the same thing. Its your choice both are healthy especially while on trt. Oh and stop admitting you're on test and if your hematocrit levels are high just tell them that you know and that youre doc said they were a little on the high range and he recommended you donate blood.

You can screw around with the red cross or if you have insurance go to your doc and tell him you need a script for a phlebotomy. I can tell you that giving on pint of blood for me doesn't do shit when my RBCs are high. I have to have as many as 5-6 pints taken over a period of 4 months to get my RBCs down. never ever has one pint done it. If you have a good doc he will know that TRT causes high RBcs and will take care of you. the blood doc for sure knows. usually requires one visit to the phlebotomist for consultation. Laws in at least michigan say the doc cant take blood same day as doctors visit for some stupid reason. But if your going to do this long term you need a solution that's solid.

You can screw around with the red cross or if you have insurance go to your doc and tell him you need a script for a phlebotomy. I can tell you that giving on pint of blood for me doesn't do shit when my RBCs are high. I have to have as many as 5-6 pints taken over a period of 4 months to get my RBCs down. never ever has one pint done it. If you have a good doc he will know that TRT causes high RBcs and will take care of you. the blood doc for sure knows. usually requires one visit to the phlebotomist for consultation. Laws in at least michigan say the doc cant take blood same day as doctors visit for some stupid reason. But if your going to do this long term you need a solution that's solid.

Doc knows I need it and wanted me to donate first. If I can't fine a way in the next week I will see if my doc and get it taken care of for me. I'm hoping I can go to one of the small blood drives and get it done. I hope they did not put something on file banning me from donating.

I'm not exactly sure why a high RBC is an issue if you know the cause. You have high RBC's because of TRT right?. If you were an endurance athlete you would absolutely want this. A high RBC doesn't make you feel tired as far as I know. Now if you have kidney disease, or messed up blood pressure coupled with heart disease - or some other malady, then you may need to get it figured out, but other than that I'm not sure exactly what you are worried about. You could live at altitude for a year and raise your RBC....

Doc knows I need it and wanted me to donate first. If I can't fine a way in the next week I will see if my doc and get it taken care of for me. I'm hoping I can go to one of the small blood drives and get it done. I hope they did not put something on file banning me from donating.

I'm not exactly sure why a high RBC is an issue if you know the cause. You have high RBC's because of TRT right?. If you were an endurance athlete you would absolutely want this. A high RBC doesn't make you feel tired as far as I know. Now if you have kidney disease, or messed up blood pressure coupled with heart disease - or some other malady, then you may need to get it figured out, but other than that I'm not sure exactly what you are worried about. You could live at altitude for a year and raise your RBC....

Yes its because of TRT. I'm far from an expert but from what I basically understand is that it thickens your blood making it harder for your heart to pump it. I have been told this can make you feel tired/weak but again I'm no expert.

I lived in Afghanistan in the logar province at 10,000 ft for a year and I wasn't tired after about three months.but trt for some reason at normal altitudes makes me tired as shot. Go figure that out

I lived in Afghanistan in the logar province at 10,000 ft for a year and I wasn't tired after about three months.but trt for some reason at normal altitudes makes me tired as shot. Go figure that out

Shooting from the hip - I would attribute this to water . A lot of guys don't carry any "visible" water weight while on gear, as they use an anti -e or whatever, but there is still excess water weight that is probably not visibly apparent. It's possible that this can have a huge effect on cardio efficiency, and energy. Water accumulates EVERYWHERE - the lungs, joints of the body, in the fat, around the heart in whatever tissue there is, and it can fatigue you. Especially if you are a bigger man, and not terribly fit in the first place (not saying this is you).

Back