• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

DHEA on cycle and HPTA

saint924

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Many people have been using DHEA while on cycle and some during PCT.
This thread is regarding the use of DHEA while on cycle appose to during PCT. In my opinion and based on studies it should be treated similar to HCG (Which mimics LH).

DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) is an Androgen Steroid Hormone produced in the adrenal glands. It is a precursor to all Androgen steroids in the body. However, DHEA also has a variety of potential biological effects in its own right, binding to an array of nuclear and cell surface receptors, and acting as a neurosteroid. DHEA production starts to Decline at age 30.

Many studies show that DHEA reduces the progestagin hormone Cortisol. No studies have been able to directly verify why. (Women somehow respond more so then men.)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12544381

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17145649

Administering DHEA while on cycle can drastically assist in the suppression of cortisol as at this time DHEA diminishes.

To get a better understanding of DHEA we must analyze how it is produced within the HPTA system.

To start... the Hypothalamus which is a portion of the brain consisting of small nuclei, produces Gonadotropin releasing Hormone (GnRH).

LocationOfHypothalamus.jpg

GnRH is then sent to the Pituitary gland signaling it to create Leiteinizing Hormone (LH) As well as Folicle stimulating Hormone (FSH). (Shown Below)

hpta-feedback-loop.jpg

FSH gets sent to the Sertoli Cells to produce Spermatids, while LH gets sent to the Leydig cells an order to produce Steroid Hormones (Both located in the Testes). (Shown Below)
hpta.gif

From the signal of LH the Leydig cells synthesize Pregnenolone from cholesterol.

250px-Testicle-histology-boar-2.jpg

676px-Steroidogenesis.svg.png

(Picture above shows Cholesterol at top left working its way down and into all the conversions of hormones. Just like Testosterone converting to estrogen or DHT but not vice versa, the picture shows the forward conversion path
these hormones make. Most hormones as shown above can choose from two paths of hormones to be converted into.)

Pregnenolone is then converted into virtually every Steroid Hormone found in the body (Shown in last picture above). An order to make DHEA, Pregnenolone is
first converted into 17a-hydroxy pregnenolone, and then at last DHEA. DHEA is then converted to virtually every Androgen Hormone as needed (Shown in the lower Androgen section of the picture above) or used for other functionalitys in the body.

To finish off the HPTA pathway, the Steroid Hormones Testosterone and Estrogen send a negative signal back to the Hypothalamus and Pituitary, telling them to stop producing GnRH, LH and FSH an order to maintain homeostasis. (Shown in picture 2) This is the reason why your Natural hormone production shuts down as there is an excess of Androgens constantly sending a negative feedback throughout the HPTA system.

As to why Cortisol is kept at bay from DHEA, not enough studies have been done. However it seems that somehow DHEA being able to convert into all Androgens, its biological functionality on Nuclear receptors, Cell Surface receptors as well as acting as a neurosteroid, keeps the body in balance hence relieving stress and in turn lowering Cortisol.

Use of DHEA is best used on cycle (at 50-100mg ed) when DHEA is depleted, then discontinued during PCT to avoid further suppression and to allow the body to start producing its own. DHEA supplementation can suppress natural production of the hormone and too much in the body could cause imbalances. It should only be supplemented by persons 30 and older who are showing hormone imbalances, or of course while on cycle hence the reason for this thread.

I use it on cycle...But sparingly. It can convert directly into estrogen and Aromatase inhibitors cant prevent this. But 25 ed just for added immune benefits and beta endorphins.

Mine was low on according to my Doc and was put on 15mg ed. I can't say I noticed anything from taking it.

Back