• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

legumes and walnuts

mit37

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i read that legumes are a good source of carbs...i was just wondering what exactly are they and whats the best way to cook t hem cause i dont think i ever had them....

i was wondering if anybody (jodi- the human food database) has the nutritional content of walnuts....i bought a package of unshelled walnuts but it didnt have the nutritional info....thanx for the help

Things like peas, beans and peanuts are part of the legume family, it's a family of podded seeds and stuff like that.

Originally posted by mit37
i read that legumes are a good source of carbs...i was just wondering what exactly are they and whats the best way to cook t hem cause i dont think i ever had them....

BEANS!!! (not peas though)

Light Red Kidney Beans are my favorite.

i was wondering if anybody (jodi- the human food database) has the nutritional content of walnuts....i bought a package of unshelled walnuts but it didnt have the nutritional info....thanx for the help
You guys think must think I pull this stuff out of my ass :rolleyes: LOOK IT UP!!!! What do you think I do. :shrug: www.fitday.com. or Food Database

i'm lazy. :D also unfamiliar with cooking beans. are there any canned beans that one can consume on a cutting diet. i think i remember seeing the sugar content for canned beans being pretty high. is there a such thing as canned beans i can consume while cutting? how the hell do you cook these things if they're raw?

Originally posted by loki
i'm lazy. :D also unfamiliar with cooking beans. are there any canned beans that one can consume on a cutting diet. i think i remember seeing the sugar content for canned beans being pretty high. is there a such thing as canned beans i can consume while cutting? how the hell do you cook these things if they're raw?
I think the canned beans you are referring to, being high in sugar, are porknbeans or baked beans. Red kidney beans, along with others come in a can with low to no sugar. Check in the canned veggie ailse, GOYA puts out some good ones.

If you buy raw beans, I think you need to soak the beans for some time in water and then boil them- as directed on the package:)

I like to cook a lot of canned black beans. Take two or three cans and heat them over medium heat, adding cumin and red pepper (I prefer chipotle, personally). If you're worried about the salt content, drain the beans and use a little bit of low-sodium chicken stock instead of the packaged liquid. You can throw in a handful of diced peppers and onions, or a dash of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Makes a great side dish to cajun fish and broiled veggies... -ac

i'll have to try that. i found some bush's red kidney beans. 44 cents a 3.5 serving can at wal-mart. couldn't find goya but i was in a hurry. i've been heating them up right out of the can. not too shabby tasting with brown rice and ground beef or tuna even as plain as that sounds. i just can't handle the sweet potatos anymore.

I love green lentils, kidney beans, baby lima beans and black eye peas!!! (I'm always bloated from them though :) )

Back