• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Dextrose in Fruits

Actually fruits are fructose. I think only grape juice may contain dextrose but I'm not 100% positive. I do know that fruit is fructose though.

so would 100 % grape juice be good for an insulin spike in a post workout whey shake?

what's dextrose? and what's the purpose of an "insulin spike"?

Originally posted by Skib
what's dextrose? and what's the purpose of an "insulin spike"?

Dextrose is a simple sugar.

The purpose of an insulin spike after training (the only time you really want one) has a few benefits:

1. Helps drive nutrients (carbs, protein, creatine, glutamine) into the muscle exactly when you need it (post workout)

2. Stops cortisol which is a catabolic hormone which is produced as a result of training.

3. Helps jumpstart the recovery process and refill glycogen stores.

The great thing about it is that the simple carbs at this time DO NOT get stored as bodyfat furthermore it does not interfere with lypolysis.

I used to stay far away from sugar as I feared it but it can be a powerful weapon in the fight for muscle growth and fat loss when used intelligently.

The great thing about it is that the simple carbs at this time DO NOT get stored as bodyfat furthermore it does not interfere with lypolysis.
Here we go again. :rolleyes:

If cutting your are best not to use and insulin spike due to the possibility of fat storage AND is stop fat burning. If you spill over YOU WILL store it as bodyfat. While cutting, I highly recommend skipping the spike and sticking with oats after your workout.

Originally posted by Jodi
Here we go again. :rolleyes:

If cutting your are best not to use and insulin spike due to the possibility of fat storage AND is stop fat burning. If you spill over YOU WILL store it as bodyfat. While cutting, I highly recommend skipping the spike and sticking with oats after your workout.

There is no chance of the carbs being stored as fat or stopping fat burning when they are taken in after a training session. Even during a cutting cycle, many bodybuilders use the post training insulin spike all the way up until a competition and they get down to 5% bodyfat.

what are good ways to achieve this insulin spike and in what time range must it be used post work out?

i just finished training an hour and a half ago and had a glass of cranberry juice with my eggs... is the juice a good way to spike my insulin levels? i remember reading in another thread about somebody who has a glass of grape juice after training to spike insulin levels...

Grape juice is better. You should have it withn 45 min. Preferably a.s.a.p. If The juice has glucose its the same as dextrose. But you should be having a shake instead of the eggs. You need fast digesting protein after your workout.

cool

i hardly ever have eggs post-work out

i just happened to have some last night cause i had a shake for breakfast... but usually it's the other way around... eggs for breakfast, shake post-work out

Back