• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

basic back exercises for bulking/mass ??

TattooedCarrot

Skinny Tattooed Guy
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Any suggestions for decent compound type back exercises for building mass. Bent barbell row is the closest I'm aware of (relative newbie). And I'm confused, is the dead lift mostly for legs? Seems like it hits legs and lower back and not much for the upper back and lats (which is what gives the appearance of being big, yes?).

Thanks !!

Deadlifts- Back, lats, traps, shoulders, forearms, and to some extent legs. deadlifts is THE best exercise for the back and it works your enitre body.

Which deadlift is better suited to back? Stiff leg or sumo or the others?

sumo or conventional is best suited for back, stiff legged targets a bit more of the quad muscles.

Stiff leg targets the hamstrings

ahh, hams, there we go. thanx derekisdman.

Deadlifts are great, I think it is the best trap exercise, I don't even shrug anymore.

As far as basic back exercises go, bent rows are great however the back needs to be hit from many angles:

Chins
T-bar rows
Lat Pulldowns from the front
Cable rows

By the way...i feel like i overtrained my legs when i do stiff leg deadlift on friday...( i did leg on wednesday). Anyway deadlift also makes use of hamstrings, hip and leg to some extents.

Besides...chins and lat pulldown are almost the same.
Can we replace T-bar rows with seated row??
:confused:

i never do deadlifts

how can i do them with dumbells? do i just bend down and pick up the weights?

the reason i ain't done them b4 is coz i've never been shown how to do them properly, and i don't wanna do my back in

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by young d
i never do deadlifts

how can i do them with dumbells? do i just bend down and pick up the weights?

the reason i ain't done them b4 is coz i've never been shown how to do them properly, and i don't wanna do my back in

You can do them with dumbells however make sure someone shows you proper form.

I found a new exercise I really like, not sure what it is.

I take a barbell and place it on the ground in the corner. I put weight on one end and leave the other end of the bar anchored against to wall corner. Then I make a handle by using a cable seated row handle thing and place it under the barbell right behind the weight plate. stand over the bar, bend knees slightly and lift the bar in sort of a bent row fashion.

Anyone understand what I'm describing? And what exactly is this exercise. I feel it in my upper back, lower back, quads, biceps, and shoulders all at once.

but it is hard to grip the bar with two hands

Like everyone else has said, it is all about the Deads bro. Rack deads, traditional deads, sumo deads...ect, just go heavy with good form. The heavier the better so that your body has to adapt.

Can anyone direct me to a link or site that explains the different types of deads and how to correctly perform them? I've only seen the straight leg dead which I'm not interested in as I'm looking for some back stuff rather than hams (squats are more than enough to blast my chicken legs at this point in my level of fitness).

Thanks

exrx.net gives you alot of excercises for just about all muscle groups:thumb:

bent rows, underhand grip bent rows, dumbell rows, seated pully rows, weighed chins, t-bar rows, rack deads = big back

deads, narrow underhand and wide overhand grip pullups, bent over barbell and dumbbell rows. cable rows as finishers

by the way...could u all suggest ...what to do first and what last?

IML Gear Cream!
wide grip pullups great for the lats and overall back development

Originally posted by gopro
bent rows, underhand grip bent rows, dumbell rows, seated pully rows, weighed chins, t-bar rows, rack deads = big back
:thumb:

Back