• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Is this routine too much for the average person

Chris52686

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well i found this on flexmagazine.com it is ronnie colemans ultimate mass program, but do you think it will work for the average person(the way the exercises are set up you dont really have time to recover, and i thought that you should do low reps for mass not 12)

EXERCISE SETS REPS

DAY 1
BACK
Deadlifts 4 6-12
Barbell rows 4 10-12
T-bar rows 4 10-12
One-arm dumbbell rows 4 10-12
BICEPS
Barbell curls 4 12
Seated alternate dumbbell curls 4 12
Cambered-bar preacher curls 4 12
Standing cable curls 4 12
SHOULDERS
Military presses 4 10-12
Seated dumbbell presses superset with 4 12
Front dumbbell raises 4 12

DAY 2
LEGS
Squats 5-6 12
Leg presses 4 12
Parking-lot lunges 2 100 yards
Stiff-leg deadlifts 4 12
Seated leg curls 4 12
Donkey raises 4 12
Seated raises 4 12

DAY 3
CHEST
Flat bench presses 5 12
Incline barbell presses 3 12
Flat dumbbell presses 4 12
Flat flyes 4 12
TRICEPS
Seated cambered-bar French curls 3 12-15
Seated dumbbell extensions 4 12-15
Close-grip bench presses 4 12-15

DAY 4
BACK
Barbell rows 5 10-12
Pulley rows 4 10-12
Machine pulldowns 3 10-12
Front pulldowns 3 10-12
BICEPS
Incline alternate dumbbell curls 4 12
Machine curls superset with
Barbell curls 4 12
SHOULDERS
Seated dumbbell presses 4 12
Front dumbbell raises (drop sets) 3 8-25
Machine presses (drop sets) 3 8-25

DAY 5
LEGS
Leg extensions 4 30
Front squats 4 12-15
Hack squats 4 12
Standing leg curls 4 12-15
Lying leg curls 4 12-15
Donkey raises 4 12
Seated raises 4 12

DAY 6
CHEST
Incline dumbbell presses 4 12
Decline barbell presses 4 12
Incline flyes 4 12
Decline dumbbell presses 4 12
TRICEPS
Lying cambered-bar extensions 4 12-15
Machine dips 4 12-15
Seated cambered-bar French curls 4 12-15

I guess that I'm not quite an average person then. There's no way that I could do squats the day after doing deads. Well, maybe with an empty bar.

Read the first line over...."ronnie colemans ultimate mass program"....do you consider Ronnie an average person? in other words YES its a pretty intense routine and not for beginners.

yes pretty intense...i will do one day. :whip:

I would do all these days in 1, not spread out over 6.

Actually, to be quite honest with you, I think this is one of the worst workouts I have ever seen. I sincerely hope Ronnie Coleman doesn't actually do this routine. I would be willing to be that a ghostwriter made this all up, which is usually what happens.

Originally posted by Chris52686
Well i found this on flexmagazine.com it is ronnie colemans ultimate mass program, but do you think it will work for the average person(the way the exercises are set up you dont really have time to recover, and i thought that you should do low reps for mass not 12)

EXERCISE SETS REPS

DAY 1
BACK
Deadlifts 4 6-12
Barbell rows 4 10-12
T-bar rows 4 10-12
One-arm dumbbell rows 4 10-12
BICEPS
Barbell curls 4 12
Seated alternate dumbbell curls 4 12
Cambered-bar preacher curls 4 12
SHOULDERS
Military presses 4 10-12
Seated dumbbell presses superset with 4 12
Front dumbbell raises 4 12

DAY 2
LEGS
Squats 5-6 12
Leg presses 4 12
Parking-lot lunges 2 100 yards
Stiff-leg deadlifts 4 12
Seated leg curls 4 12
Donkey raises 4 12
Seated raises 4 12

DAY 3
CHEST
Flat bench presses 5 12
Incline barbell presses 3 12
Flat dumbbell presses 4 12
Flat flyes 4 12
TRICEPS
Seated cambered-bar French curls 3 12-15
Seated dumbbell extensions 4 12-15
Close-grip bench presses 4 12-15

DAY 4
BACK
Barbell rows 5 10-12
Pulley rows 4 10-12
Machine pulldowns 3 10-12
Front pulldowns 3 10-12
BICEPS
Incline alternate dumbbell curls 4 12
Machine curls superset with
Barbell curls 4 12
SHOULDERS
Seated dumbbell presses 4 12
Front dumbbell raises (drop sets) 3 8-25
Machine presses (drop sets) 3 8-25

DAY 5
LEGS
Leg extensions 4 30
Front squats 4 12-15
Hack squats 4 12
Standing leg curls 4 12-15
Lying leg curls 4 12-15
Donkey raises 4 12
Seated raises 4 12

DAY 6
CHEST
Incline dumbbell presses 4 12
Decline barbell presses 4 12
Incline flyes 4 12
Decline dumbbell presses 4 12
TRICEPS
Lying cambered-bar extensions 4 12-15
Machine dips 4 12-15
Seated cambered-bar French curls 4 12-15

First off, the guy's on steroids.There's no way in hell any natural human being would be able to perform of these workouts. Second, I am sure ronnie himself does not perform these workouts.Some stupid writer for Flex probably made up a workout that would sound good to the common reader.way overtraining 6 days in a row I mean come on

If stick a gallon of gear in your ass every day then yes, this workout is appropriate.

Originally posted by Prince
Lesson One: Never get your routines from any Weider magazine.

Lesson Two: Never try and follow a routine that a juiced up pro follows.

loving this advice!

IML Gear Cream!
No, theres no way a normal person could do that

Originally posted by Prince
Lesson One: Never get your routines from any Weider magazine.

Lesson Two: Never try and follow a routine that a juiced up pro follows.

Whats wrong with Weider routines?:confused:

everything man, they are misleading you and are only concerned about getting your dough bro. They say that Ronnie coleman does this and that and you should too, give me a break. first of all it is a ghost writer penning that shit down and even if it way RC, the average lifter can't handle a MR O routine to begin with. they give the impression that you can do this certain thing and buy their supp and you can achieve thing that are not realistically possible, would you want to trust people like that. There are so many other sources that are3 much more trustworthy and reliable to gain useful info from, trust me. Forget those mainstream magazines, I wouldn't even wipe my ass with that shit

Originally posted by gr81
everything man, they are misleading you and are only concerned about getting your dough bro. They say that Ronnie coleman does this and that and you should too, give me a break. first of all it is a ghost writer penning that shit down and even if it way RC, the average lifter can't handle a MR O routine to begin with. they give the impression that you can do this certain thing and buy their supp and you can achieve thing that are not realistically possible, would you want to trust people like that. There are so many other sources that are3 much more trustworthy and reliable to gain useful info from, trust me. Forget those mainstream magazines, I wouldn't even wipe my ass with that shit

I see your point, and youre right. However my first training book was a Weider,and I used it to learn proper lift tech., proper set rep,fast twitch slow twitch,negatives, pyramids ect...I probably wouldnt be lifting today if it werent for his book(I think it was called" Joe weiders training encyclopedia" or some shit like that)As far as the main stream mag's, The pictures are pretty.Hee Hee:laugh:

Originally posted by Sirliftsalot
I see your point, and youre right. However my first training book was a Weider,and I used it to learn proper lift tech., proper set rep,fast twitch slow twitch,negatives, pyramids ect...I probably wouldnt be lifting today if it werent for his book(I think it was called" Joe weiders training encyclopedia" or some shit like that)As far as the main stream mag's, The pictures are pretty.Hee Hee:laugh:

their info is very very basic for sure so for a beginner it may serve some purpose, it can just be very misleading, the pics are abotu all it has going for it alright

I am going to add on to this. See Jack was a good book to learn to read on, but once you learned to read, I hope you chose something better.

Originally posted by Sirliftsalot

The training book you speak of is a "book" not an advertisement riddled magazine as mentioned above. Yea Joes "book" and there are many out there by others that instruct on movements, various excercise options, bodybuilding principles etc. and definitely worth 10 bucks for a beginner. But like everyone is saying,, workouts such as the original one posted would overtrain the more then average person not to mention a beginner. Believe it or not, I still subscribe to Muscle & Fitness because it does have alot of good to offer but you need to know what is good info and what needs to be skipped. I gave up flex, ironman, and the rest of them about 5 years ago. I used to buy them not to copy their workouts but to look at the pics and read some of the articles.

Muscle Development is not only informative, but hilarious.

Yea I stopped that subscription too. Talk about a pill for ensomnia.

muscleheads? yea they are great.

Back