• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What was your MOST INSANE workout that you can remember

firestorm

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well if you have a workout from hell that you've done that you swear you'll never do again, post it here.

Here is one that comes to mind. One of my old training partners and I would do this bicep excercise every once in awhile just for shock but one day we got a bit carried away.
excercise name: 52's
52 = the amount of cards in deck of playing cards. Each playing card represents a set. 52sets the value of the face represents the number of reps. 2 of clubs, set of 2. Jack of Diamonds 10reps Ace of Spades, 11 reps, and so on.
Now you NEVER rest except during your partners set.
you start off with one guy holding an e-z curl bar and facing you. A deck of cards within hands reach. Your partner turns over the 1st card and does the reps immediatly handing you the bar and you go. before lifter 2 completes his last rep, Partner turns the next card, bar is handed off and your off for set number 2.

Well one day we put on our normal weight, around 100 pounds. And went at it. We blasted set after set, burning and pumped to the max. Well we finished the excercise in our best record time and were soo fuqing fired up talked each other into going again by just reversing the deck starting with our last card (3 of something) to our 1st card which was a 9 of something) Ironically I can remember the reps but can't remember the suit. Well somehow with all our might and every last bit of strength, finished the last set and almost in tears. My arms were soo swollen afterwards that I had black and blue marks on my biceps the next day. I actually blew blood vessles. The pain was soo incredible that I could not bend my arms byond a 90 degree angle for 2 days and almost went to the ER thinking something was wrong. I never felt pain like that before. My arms hurt for a solid week. Never did I even contimplate doing 52's twice ever again. I used to have a motto I liked to quote from time to time: "Pain is good, Extreme pain is extremely good". I don't think I said that saying for a year after that.

A deck of cards = 380 reps.
On that day we did 760 reps with only the time it took our partner to finish his set. I prayed for lots of 2's. hahaha

I did 10 sets of 100 reps of curls one day. That hurt for a good 4 days.

With 20 seconds rest between sets.

ouch that sounds like a killer too.

we did the same things with the deck of cards but with pushups with 2 decks also... man does it make me sore....

think imma try the 52s and pray for strength lol ,how do you keep it going without going down in weight though seems like after about ten sets youd have to lower the weight ,maybe im just a puss lol

did it seem to help your gains doing this

It's bad when you do your arms like that... but when you do your legs like that you are a cripple for a week, the workout that did this to my legs.... helping my sister move, it only took about 8 hours, and she didn't really have too many things that were heavy, it's just that she was in the second story of an apartment complex, about 50 feet from the nearest stairs... the stairwell is narrow which doesn't help but really, it was 8 hours of almost non-stop going up and down stairs carrying boxes of stuff (mostly 50 pound or less boxes), I was in pretty good shape, but I was probably 265 - 270 at the time too (my goal is to hit about 6% bf at 220). It was either the next day or the day after I dropped by business card on the floor, went to pick it up and literally had to strain to stand back up straight. While it's a minor stretch to say that was a workout, it's not much of a stretch to say I'll probably never do that again. If it helps make it sound like more of a workout, I did carry my sisters weights at some point during that move for a combined total of 60 pounds... 1 rep down the walk way and down the stairs and up into the uhual, I'm glad that she was moving out, I probably wouldn't have survived going up the stairs with boxes.

IML Gear Cream!
In the early 90's I had this work-out parner, well the two of were just frick'n nuts! I have not had a work-out like the ones we used to have since then. We just did some insane training, if I tried it now I would probably just hurt myself!

In the pen - we did "52's" but we called them "decks" pullups, dips, pushups --- we didn't have weights.

Pretty much every leg w.o. i do...i can't walk right until the next day i train legs.

Saturday did:
5x Leg extensions
5x Leg press
5x Hack squats
5x leg curls
5x calf press
3x seated calf raise
3x 1 legged calf raise

anyone else get literally so sore that they remain sore until next training session of that particular bodypart?

Originally posted by wraith
think imma try the 52s and pray for strength lol ,how do you keep it going without going down in weight though seems like after about ten sets youd have to lower the weight ,maybe im just a puss lol

Choose a weight about 60% your max. Say you can curl 105 for 3 sets of 8 and the last set is hard to get that 8th rep. you would want a weight around 75 lbs. If your not sure,, just use a few 5's that way you can quickly drop 10 lbs if need be by dropping a 5 off each side real quick.

Oh and don't do this workout too often or your seriously risking "over training" It is a "shock" workout. ONce a month would even be pushing it.

Back