• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Overweight workers say they're overlooked

Of course, it is human nature to want to be around (and thusly promote) people who are cheery, people that you ultimately like, not those that turn you off in general.

Like anything though people are individuals and not everyone is subject to these prejudices and/or not as much as someone else.

I think this is retarded, lets just call all the lawyers in and say everyone who is not "perfect" gets to have special legal protection for their job and their life. :yell: :grumble:

When I was hiring people I must admit that attractiveness came into play. In a sales environment a more attractive person will likely sell more, which is better for business. I interviewed several women who were overweight and took the attractive thin girl every time because it was ultimately better for business. It might sound shallow, but that's the way life is.

People are fat because they choose to be fat. That is my belief and I have no patience with people who are obese and complain about it without trying to do anything about it.

Originally posted by ponyboy
People are fat because they choose to be fat. That is my belief and I have no patience with people who are obese and complain about it without trying to do anything about it.

I agree, I have a couple overweight friends and it is always going to bother me on some level even if I am not thinking about it at the time.

I hate being out of shape, and I dont understand being ok with it, I really dont.

Just a comment on the title of this thread, how can you 'overlook' a fat person? :scratch: They aren't that hard to not see and all. :p

I heard this last night on comedy central saying something like "fat people aren't handicapped; the people that have to sit next to them on a plane are handicapped"

I kinda feel that, if I worked in a business and I came to work in pajamas, unshaven, with mismatched socks and my shoes untied and slouching pants, I would generally get overlooked for promotions because of my appearance. I would be a person without the initiative to dress myself and make myself presentable, therefore (in theory) I would not have the ability to withstand the responcibilities of a promotion. I figure these... excuse me... fat people are much the same way- they can't get their eating/personality in control so how can they control an important business position? I doubt that any employer thinks this conciously, but it's quite likely that it has an effect on them at a deeper level. If I gotta tuck my shirt in, then they should tuck their stomachs in

lastly, all this bitching isn't going to get them resepect. Show that you can stand up to problems and do something about them- take action, not cry until you get what you want.

Originally posted by Crono1000
I heard this last night on comedy central saying something like "fat people aren't handicapped; the people that have to sit next to them on a plane are handicapped"

That reminds me, on my flight home from California last week, I sat in my seat and the guy next to me says "Oh thank God. Anytime I sit in the middle, I always get stuck between fat people." :hehe: He was appreciative of my slim frame. :)

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
He was appreciative of my slim frame. :)
Ya I bet he was :dance: :lol:

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by HickeyNC
Overweight workers say they're overlooked

Who wants to look at fat people anyway :shrug:

:barf:

They act like it isn't brought upon by themselves, like they are victims of circumstance, Cmon. If I were hiring someone and two had similar qualifications, you bet your ass I would hire the person more in shape than the obese person. When a person is fat it gives the impression that they are too lazy to lose the weight, whether that is true or not (I believe it is) is up in the air, it makes the other people look more determined, plain and simple.

On a similar note, I don't know if anyone heard about this, up here in Seattle at an esspresso stand, a chick was suppposedly let go b/c she was overweight and replaced with a slimmer more attractive chick. anyways she caused a big commotion over this saying it is unfair and discrimination. I say that if you are the owner of a business you should discriminate on who you employ, wanting people that will further your business along in any way right? The more attractive of a girl in that exxpresso window, the better chance of someone returning there, seeing as how there is a stand every block with basically the same thing going on, is this unfair or smart business??

a very funny read to say the least:yes:

Well, let us assume that we are not judging by appearance. I would most definitely choose someone who is not obese over someone who is. Obese people tend to have more missed time than a person that is in shape. Also, the chances of someone who is obese becoming disabled and collecting disability is more likely. If I were to promote someone, it would be more smart to promote someone who will be with company for a long period and it has been shown that being overweight increases ones fisk for cardiovascular disease. Also, if youare in a job where there is limited space and high traffic flow, such as in a factory, a large person would get in the way and possibly affect productivity. Just my 2 cents, but it makes sense from a business point of view.

Hey, did anyone else see the simpsons where homer gained weight so he could collect disability, that was classic. "We are sorry, your fingers are too fat for this keypad. To order a special dialing wand, mash the keyboard with your hand."

Haha yes Dale, I've seen that episode along with the other 300 + episodes multiple times. That part was hilarious. And when he had the robe thing on and went to the movies and they offered him a garbage bag of popcorn.

And in the end burns is training him and he can't even do one sit-up - "Burns: bah, i'll just pay for the blasted lipsuction. Homer: Whohoo!"

Originally posted by ponyboy
When I was hiring people I must admit that attractiveness came into play. In a sales environment a more attractive person will likely sell more, which is better for business. I interviewed several women who were overweight and took the attractive thin girl every time because it was ultimately better for business. It might sound shallow, but that's the way life is.

Looks can be an asset in a sales position, but there are many other things that are more important to be a successful salesman or saleswoman.

I agree...unfortunately in my type of business (automotive) the majority of people I was sending people to see were blue collar males in dealerships and body shops...who respond much better to an attractive woman. That being said, an overweight male candidate usually got the same response due to their outgoing personality.

Sometimes it seems like there is a personality linked to certain body types. Some overweight people seem to have more outgoing friendly personalities because they have to make up for the fact they are physically unattractive to most people.

On the other hand, the good looking men and women often have no personalities because they can get by and be accepted based on their looks. Is there a correlation?

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by derekisdman
And when he had the robe thing on and went to the movies and

I believe it was a pink moo moo. ;)

Back